• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Elephant Bay

Started by tkirch, December 20, 2006, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

This is just a quick update.  Nothing fancy.  I just want to show where I am headed next.  This is the city square just north of the last one.  It contains the northern edge of Granville and West Bend.  It's jut starting but you can see where I am headed with this maybe.

This is Northern Granville

The farm fields around the area

The beginning of West Bend

tkirch

I just want to thank you all for the great comments.

Working on making this next update and growing the region.  So this a total work in progress you can tell.

Me and my wife just adopted a 2 year old beagle this morning.  So pretty exciting for us. 

The plants lived, now if the puppy lives, we can have kids.  :) :D

sebes

Nice updates again. Don't forget to walk with the puppy too...!  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

Nice work - I like how you've left everything spaced and with open areas in between! :)

bat

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Jim

It's good!

The only "hic" is : No great and specials things in your city!

Ajax

What a nice, quiet, little community.  :thumbsup: Looks like a great place to live.  Good luck with the puppy!

luker91

excellent choice of BAT's...i really enjoyed your pics..

Luke

tkirch

I am going to have to start this over.  My file got corrupted.  I had a really nice downtown going in the West Bend-Granville area.  I am seriously disappointed.  So if this read by a moderator, maybe you could delete this and I can start fresh with the new one.

NUTS!!!

NikNik

I hate corruption!

oo bad I liked what you did so far. It's amazing how fast people can play SC4.
Nik-Nik

dedgren

Hi, tkirch-

I'm interested in the corrupt file problem from a technical standpoint.  Do you think it had anything to so with the 3RR quad you were developing?  Let me know which number (1-256) that it was, and I'll start a sort of semi-informal bugfile.

If I can do anything to help get you back up and running again, let me know.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

tkirch

It got corrupted while during the save process the computer got turned off.  Now it is all gobbley-gook.  That is my technical term for it all. :D

I am restarting using 3RR again.  It was nothing with the region, it was dog stepping on the button on the power strip.

dedgren

Oh, man...I hate it when that happens.

...down, Rover!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Ajax

The dog is still alive, yes???

asturianu

:thumbsup: Great work on this version of 3RR. Elephant Bay is very good. And I like the towns there. GREAT!!

Cristian

LP_Green

I really like what you did...and like all the people here, I hate corruptions!...

Well, I wish you good luck for the next one ;)

LP

tkirch

I have a question for all of you.

I am going to start my CJ over.  I have two choices:  One to use Dedgren's great Three Rivers Map again or use a different map?

What are your thoughts?

LP_Green

Simply go with your opinion...3RR is a very great region with a lot of different type of terrain. It's a great map for starting a new city. But there are also a lot of great maps on ST. Simply look at the map section and you should find about 10 awesome maps to work on.

Hope that will help you choose your new map. ;)

LP

dedgren

Todd, hey-

As I have a pony in the show, so to speak, I was hesitant to voice my opinion about your "which map" question.  That said, let me throw in my 2c for whatever it might be worth.

The full 3RR map, at 256 large "game" cities (as everyone knows by now, I call them quads), is a huge undertaking for one player to develop.  Looking at the pics from Elephant Bay (both here and at Peg's website) it looks like you got pretty far along- it must have been a blow to wind up with the whole thing corrupted.  Since you are now starting (not like you have any choice) from scratch again, I think you need to ask yourself if you really want to develop a region that has about 220 usable quads (ignoring the ones that are basically water or high peaks).  If the answer is yes, well...I don't know anything else out there of comparable size.  If it's no, like others have said, there are a bunch of great maps out there.  Note, if you want to stick with 3RR features, that each quadrant (1/4 of the total area) of the full 3RR map is on the STEX.  These are 64 quads apiece, which is still a big chunk of SC4 territory.

I really get jazzed when I see someone who is working his or her own take on the 3RR terrain.  It gives me answers to the "what would someone else do with..." questions that arise from time to time.  On the other hand, you are playing SC4 for you, not me.  I bet whatever map you choose the region you develop and the resulting CJ will be great, and a pleasure to look at.

Like I said, my 2c, for what it's worth.

Good luck.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...