• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Wow!  You're very fortunate to get a shot like that!  Thanks for sharing!

I just love the Volcanos on the West Coast, each one of them has it's own character and dominates the locate landscape. 

joelyboy911

Wow, looks amazing! It reminds me of flying from Palmerston North to Auckland in wintertime, and overflying the mountains of the Tongariro National Park.

Just beautiful photography, David.

I also wanted to say, thanks for converting to metric!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

canyonjumper

Awesome pics, David! I've always wanted to fly over Rainier, and now I, sort of, have ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

wes.janson

Beautliful pictures David. I, myself, must admit being a fan of Mt. Baker in Washington State. Though, there may be connection between that and the fact that all the windows on my apartment have to to have a South-East view.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

just_a_guy

What an awesome shot of Mt. Rainier and how lucky you are to have gotten it. Good lick on your trip David!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

JBSimio

Wow, David... words fail me!  "Great pictures!" is about the best I can do...  &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

ecoba

Gorgeous pictures of one of the most beautiful mountains I know, David. Sometimes nature is just stunning beyond believe. You're very lucky to have had such a great view.

Ethan

threestooges

Would you believe I like lectures on intellectual property law? Outside of an entertainment/movie law class this semester, I've not had much chance to venture into it, but thanks for the reasonably in depth description of how you handle things with it. The fair use doctrine is a rather interesting subject too, and I'm not sure anyone could definitively say what consitutes a violation (except for the particular judge you may end up in front of); but then... but then there's enough law to be had at school.

I've seen Mt. Rainier from the ground, even have a picture of it taken while crossing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, but that is an impressive series of shots David. It really is an impressive peak. Photoholic or not, you do take some good pictures.

Hope you're having fun with Tristen and Josh.
-Matt

CabraBuitre

I was amazed at, well, frankly, how crappy my avatar looked when David showed it.... 

So I polished it off a bit! 

Whadda ya think?  Is it an improvement?  Consider this the HD version...?

Er... see below

Check out Abelfarei!

CabraBuitre

Quote from: CabraBuitre on February 24, 2010, 10:48:30 PM
I was amazed at, well, frankly, how crappy my avatar looked when David showed it.... 

Well, genius me didn't realize that, when I changed my avatar, the other link would break...  Hmm....  Let's see if I have a copy of the old one somewhere...

Yep, here it is...

And the new...

Check out Abelfarei!

Teufel285

Quick question for you guys, I am try to figure out what mods would be best for eye candy ie water lots...I cant remember fow y'all managed to get the river rapids, if you are using ploppable water or maxis water....If y'all can send me a msg and let me know I'd like to incorporate it into my region thanks a bunch,
Teufel

RickD

Quote from: CabraBuitre on February 24, 2010, 11:29:03 PM
And the new...

Hmm ... makes me hungry.  :P
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

metarvo

Hmmm.  It does look better, Cabra.  Not that I'm saying the old one was bad or anything, of course.  This one is just a lot clearer, which is the point of HD, right?

Quote from: RickD on February 25, 2010, 06:41:09 AM
Hmm ... makes me hungry.  :P

As they say, "Eat mor chikin." [linkie$%Grinno$%
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

frdrcklim

wow, missed a lot here. like missed about 15 pages of 3RR fun.

I love the new roads ur making david and I can't believe I missed the contest. At least I'm on 'A List' ;D.

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

dedgren

Ryan, you are the man!

Our great friend Ryan (Ryan B., formerly burgsabre87) worked the "crossbuck" railroad crossing signs of my youth up for me a couple of weeks ago.  I'm just now getting around to firing up the PlopperizerTM to check them out.  This is a teaser- there'll be more later.

I note that the resolution of the crossbar arms might improve over what it is here- I bumped up the size (all dimensions) by a factor of 1.6 in Cogeo's great SC4 Model Tweaker, so when Ryan has a chance, redoing the model itself in that slightly larger size could smooth things out a bit more.  It's great to see this long-missed item in our sign inventory, though, whatever happens.

Oh, and Cogeo is working on what I understand to be a complete redo of the tool for V2 [linkie].  Life is good.

What is this building and why would it have any particular significance right around now?

Let me know.

I need to catch up with Doug (jumpjet2k) in the next 24 hours, as I have two bottles of an Alaskan adult beverage I brought down to thirsty old Texas for him.  Doug, if you are out there- drop me a PM or email so we can figure this out.

Long-time 3RR Regular* Cristian (asturianu) celebrates a birthday today- have a great one, amigo!  I missed Stewart's (stewart_garden) birthday on Thursday- best wishes, my friend.

Later.

David

*  Post once, just once (although we always hope for more) here, or over at 3RR-ST or the 3RR Blog, and you, too, are a 3RR Regular.  No annual fee required. 

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mayorfabz

Hmm looks like the Alamo, doesn't it ?
Probably to commemorate the battle which took place between Feb.23 and March 6, 1836 (big thanx to Wikipedia)
Have I got that right ?
Fabien

mightygoose

those signs could really benefit from the HD treatment...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ryan B.

Quote from: mightygoose on February 28, 2010, 12:11:47 PM
those signs could really benefit from the HD treatment...

Those are HD.   ;)

Andreas

I guess they do look sharper in the game, but JPG compression conceals the fine details again... ;)
Andreas

dedgren

Last day with the boys for another three months, so did a lot of little things.

One of them was to poke our heads into the state park not far from the hotel we've been driving by pretty much every day.

A local conceit is seen on many bumper stickers and small signs in store windows: "Keep Austin Weird".  I felt kind of weird today, and what I saw in the park kind of fed into that.  A little edge on the photofinishing did the rest.

Weird sky.

Weird water.

Weird plants.

Weird wood.

Weird rocks.

Just weird.

Fabien (mayorfabz), dead on, in all respects.  A few more pics and several observations about remembering things after we pack up tomorrow morning.

'Nite, all.  Oh, wait...

I thought it was really interesting that Geoff (calibanX) lived so close to this sign...

...'cos I've seen one almost like it.

Street number's different, though- otherwise it'd be a heck of a coincidence.

That's all, folks!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax