• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Critique this Picture....

Started by rooker1, November 13, 2008, 04:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Thanks so much for the link! As for the nightlights, there must be a tutorial or something here in the forums, I'll put a link when I find it.
Edit: I think this tread might help you.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

wallacet

Thanks io_bg. Iv'e read it over, and I'm going to try to work on that.

For the rest of you, here is another picture!  ;D

marsh

Lowkee33: All around great picture. The only thing though, At the very bottom, that beach kinda' messes with other parts of the picture. Aside from that though it looks awesome. The colors, with the ocean, terrain & trees, compliment each other perfectly. The dark, deep color of the water makes it feel like a stormy day.
Overall, 9/10

wallacet: I really like the concept behind your picture. That avenue doesn't really fit in, with that slummy-looking median. As io_bg said, it would look nicer with one from the NWM. The only other thing that doesn't fit in is that Big white building, further down. It's more of a mid-west style of architecture. A glass building would fit much better.

Overall, 8/10

io_bg:Very nice picture! I love night shots and this is no exception. My only complaint is that the road is less lit up than anything else in the city.  &mmm However I don't think that is your fault. I like the way the docks are, and the boats can actually get out of the marina. They aren't built adjacent to each other like many other people do... The buildings are put in very nice. Reminds me of a city in Mass. I visit once in a while. The streets slowly going down-hill to meet at the ocean front. (I don't know if they are, but in your picture they appear like their going downhill)

Overall, 8.5/10

wallcet(2): Well aside from me having to write yet another response in-order for me to post my picture...  :P  Very nice downtown scene. The buildings all blend together very nicely, especially with the marina at the top. I don't know whether the lack of sidewalks on the avenues are a good or bad thing. It looks worst on the straight portion, but the diagonal part it doesn't give those horrific jagged edges.

Overall, 9/10

And finally, I'll post a pic.  :)

cubby420

Well as a write this marsh, your pic is delivering my pic a firm ass kicking in the picture competition.  ::)  But, I'll still refrain from commenting on yours until our round is over.  :P

Wallacet: Very good pic. But, to me, its a story of two halves. The top half of the pic is brilliant, and the colors are beautiful. The marina, diagonal intersection, and whatever that blue building is all fit so perfectly, and frame the shot wonderfully. But, the grass sidewalks in the bottom half simply do not fit. Neither do the small 1x1 residential. I'd like to see you use some more plaza or filler lots to break up the area a bit. The colors are very crisp and clean, and most building choices are spot on. A cool area overall, but I'd like to see a little more central focus as well. Final verdict: an excellent pic that has a lot going for it, but could use some polish...7.5/10  :thumbsup:

Do your worst:

Became this:

Your thoughts?

Terring7

Quotedid you make that sidewalk mod or is their one floating around out there with power lines?

Nope, i found them from here :)

Quotethe layout doesn't scream future as much as "holy hell its crowded!"

You should see my little monster ;D

QuoteThe scarecrow near the top is funny though...gave me a chuckle :D

Did you know about an futuristic idea, that suggest the growing of our fruits and vegetable in our garden? ;)

QuoteI think if it were at dusk, or you had the shadows turned up it would look better.

Shadows are visible, i just deactivate the 24-hour effect.

Thanks everybody for their comments :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

netmod

marsh: Amazing work as always, maybe you should try to edit the mountain, the face looks too much like ice cream, but overall 9.5/10 $%Grinno$%

cubby420: Looks great, but you should try to edit with some tool to make it look like that part where that lot (the one with the street in it), has its fake street connect to the real street 9/10 :)

heres a pic

mooooooooooooooooo...

Evillions8

It about time someone replies here, it's time to bring this back from the dead.  :)

netmod: It's kinda plain looking to me, at least add more "life" to it. Nevertheless, I like the overall feel! 7.5/10

Here's mine..... :)

cubby420

netmod...I definitely agree with Evillions8 on this one. Not enough visual interest and color. I'd give it a 5.5/10. Even a lonely gas station on the corner would really spice things up and make the pic much better.

Evillions8: Beautiful pic my friend. The contrast of the pencil towers against the banana fields is so cool. Great stuff, and colorful to boot. Plus, the trees you chose for the surrounding area are excellent and blend perfectly. I'd give you a robust 9/10.  &apls  &apls  &apls

Here is a little something from me.

tankmank

Evillions8 I like the colours and the use of the pencil towers but feel that they don't quite fit in with the Bannana fields and that something bit larger and not so thin would fit in better.
7/10

cubby420 T

tankmank

Sorry about that i can't seem to be able to edit my post  ()what()

Well cubby420 The only critique i can give is to have a bit of traffic thats all.

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this but i thought that it would be best here, well i'm not quite sure about the Halifax Boxes by Spa in my city as they don't quite fit but they look like many houses that i've seen in pictures of New York

Terring7

cubby420, your seaport is great. The only "oddity" is the small pier that is too close to your bridge. Isn't this a bit dangerous? ::)

8/10
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

unit2981

My first attempt
Come and visit Kita-Kaikyo Prefecture!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14462">

io_bg

cubby420 - Excellent pic, my only remark is the lack of traffic. 9/10
tankmank - Looks like a peaceful American suburb. You've caught the feeling pretty well! 8/10
unit2981 - That's pretty good for a first! However I find it quite dark. It could also be bigger ;) 6/10
And here's my pic:

:)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nanami

I have an entry:

(critique as you want) :angrymore:

rstarks

Io_bg: that area is great! i really love the septopic view, it makes me feel like i was looking at it through microfilm. the only thig i would say is that it could have slightly more traffic [ even if it is a early stage of new york history] 9/10

976: Firstly, i love your transit layout. the avenue blends nicely with the sedona colored roofs in the area for some strange reason! the thing that popped out the most was the tower. its really nice, but you should have waited abut 1 half of a year for another building of that size to pop up in the area [ one giant tower always looks lonely ] 8.5/10

And now its time for mine: [ i personally think its crap, im not good at pictures]

netmod

976 : love the city but the tallest building looks out of place. 8.5/10

rstarks: I'm not a fan of the peg rivers, but made it work, yet I still suggest you use ploppable rivers. Also the flora is overused, the red ones especially. 6/10

Its incomplete
mooooooooooooooooo...

canyonjumper

Quote from: netmod on April 05, 2011, 04:07:53 PMIts incomplete

It's also not showing :P Can't critique if it can't be seen.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

netmod

Sorry DropBox has changed a bit
mooooooooooooooooo...

Exla357

@Marsh: SC4 pictures only, please ;). Awesome job

Nanami