• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Critique this Picture....

Started by rooker1, November 13, 2008, 04:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Thanks for the ideas Dantes, I'll try it out :thumbsup:

Quote from: Dantes on December 17, 2011, 03:52:42 PM

Pity that there are no avenues yet on SimMars &mmm

Quote from: Dantes on December 17, 2011, 03:52:42 PMSeveral times the same building does not look good next to each other.

Don't blame me for that, the Martian building set is very limited &mmm

Quote from: mike3775 on December 17, 2011, 04:54:58 PMWhere do you get those arco's at Terring?

Here you are :)

Tyrell Corporation 1/3

Tyrell Corporation 2/3

Tyrell Corporation 3/3
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

Thanks.  I always loved Arco's since they debuted.

Corndead

hhttp://file:///C:/Users/Robin/Pictures/Adobe/Foton%20från%20digitalkamera/Greenwille-21%20Maj.,%20241325460378.png

http://file:///C:/Users/Robin/Pictures/Adobe/Foton%20från%20digitalkamera/Greenwille-17%20Mar.,%20231325459690.png

Pictures of my newest town wich is a pretty small town (35,000 inhabitants).

edit

Something went wrong, I will try again:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/greenwille21maj24132546.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/greenwille21maj24132546.png/ http://file:///C:/Users/Robin/Pictures/Adobe/Foton%20från%20digitalkamera/Greenwille-21%20Maj.,%20241325460378.png
http://

http://http://file:///C:/Users/Robin/Pictures/Adobe/Foton%20från%20digitalkamera/Greenwille-17%20Mar.,%20231325459690.png

Pictures of my newest town wich is a pretty small town (35,000 inhabitants).

edit

Something went wrong, I will try again:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/greenwille21maj24132546.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80/greenwille17mar23132545.png/

I merged your two post into one. You just did wrong with the codes, beside you also forget to upload your pictures. Also, keep in mind to convert your picture into Jpeg, as per the rules. Arthur/Moderator.  ;)

ThomasAH

Quote from: netmod on October 23, 2011, 07:49:03 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9295130/Newest%20Simcity/9.0/9.1.png

Stunning picture. The only thing that's bugging me is that the streets are full with cars, but there doesn't seem to be any traffic on the highway.
May I ask where you got that building on the left? Would love to see that one in my own cities.

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Kevin1a

Quote from: banditp61 on September 24, 2011, 01:33:15 PM
My Downtown Denver...

I live near Denver and spend quite a bit of time there.  You're pictures are obviously not a building by building copy of the city, but they capture the vibe nicely.  The first one reminds me of the CBD near the convention center.  I even see what looks like the judicial complex towards the top of the picture.  The second picture is almost certainly LoDo near Coors Field and the MCA.

I agree with Risu that the lack of sidewalks detracts from it, though I actually think the parking garage juxtaposes old and new which is totally reminiscent of LoDo.  Also the single family homes don't really fit the downtown area.  I'm not sure if the light rail is Stout or California, but you should experiment a little with the "tram on road" pieces.

I understand how hard replications are, and Denver's CBD is on a diagonal grid with a bunch of seriously goofy intersections along Broadway and Colfax.  I'm going to hold off on giving a numeric score until I see it with sidewalks though. :)

Sonik-hedgehog

Description:
Polessk is a small russian village, located in mountainous terrain. Residents of Polessk provide new wind power station and engage in farming. Neighboring collective agriculture has not yet been connected to the power plant, but construction of power lines has already begun.

Before the advent of power plant, the local people lived in the mountains in small houses. Then their population does not exceed 70 people. After the construction a diamond mine in the village Covernino, which is not visible on the photo, the government connected all three villages by 2-way road and built 600-meters tunnel to accelerate the export of raw materials and agricultural products from the industrial sector to regional center - Obuhovo town.

When the the infrastructure was created and finished construction first low-rise buildings in the mountains instead of the old wooden houses, population of the Polessk increased up to 600 residents. Since that time several years have passed. Local residents were satisfied with beautiful views, clean air and water. This brought to the village of those who engaged in farming in less-developed villages.

Difficult terrain has not prevented the government was once to build a road through the high hill, and the tunnel in the rocks of hard breed. So it was decided to link all villages by rail, to accelerate their growth. In every village provides one passenger station. Unlike the tunnel, passing only to one town - Obukhovo, the railway will connect diamond industry with main transport artery of Russia - Trans-Siberian Railway.

FrankU

Quote from: Terring7 on June 09, 2012, 08:46:02 AM
A little messy, isn't? ;D

Yes, but isn't the future supposed to be messy?
It depends on your own expectations whether the messiness is a problem or a solution!

noahclem

Wow, that is probably among the best SC4 pictures I've ever seen and I've seen a lot  :o

I hope you have more to share with us and it would be great if you'd consider starting an MD here  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Sonik-hedgehog on October 31, 2012, 03:09:27 PM
Description:
Polessk is a small russian village, located in mountainous terrain. Residents of Polessk provide new wind power station and engage in farming. Neighboring collective agriculture has not yet been connected to the power plant, but construction of power lines has already begun.

Before the advent of power plant, the local people lived in the mountains in small houses. Then their population does not exceed 70 people. After the construction a diamond mine in the village Covernino, which is not visible on the photo, the government connected all three villages by 2-way road and built 600-meters tunnel to accelerate the export of raw materials and agricultural products from the industrial sector to regional center - Obuhovo town.

When the the infrastructure was created and finished construction first low-rise buildings in the mountains instead of the old wooden houses, population of the Polessk increased up to 600 residents. Since that time several years have passed. Local residents were satisfied with beautiful views, clean air and water. This brought to the village of those who engaged in farming in less-developed villages.

Difficult terrain has not prevented the government was once to build a road through the high hill, and the tunnel in the rocks of hard breed. So it was decided to link all villages by rail, to accelerate their growth. In every village provides one passenger station. Unlike the tunnel, passing only to one town - Obukhovo, the railway will connect diamond industry with main transport artery of Russia - Trans-Siberian Railway.

FrankU

I agree, noah!
Although some of the roads and streets could be a bit smoother over the terrain.

Speth

Hey there, I'd like a critique on what's probably my most elaborate downtown so far. I tried to make an eccentric but familiar future version of Tokyo, if that makes sense.

rooker1

Speth
Very impressive picture.
How come your transporation networks don't have night lights?  And why does some of the transit lines go throught the buildings?  Especially bottom left corner of your pic.
You have a good variety of models.  And I'm very happy to see that not every building is over powering and very tall.  The two midrise section you have made look very realistic.  I like that you were able to incorporate some diagonal transit too.  The asian bats as well as the few other models add some nice light colors.  Would be nice if there were some more, but that is just me.
I wish you had remembered to remove the minimize button and maybe finished off the pic with some sort of frame.
I would give this picture a solid 8.5 out of 10.

I would love to see a day pic of the same area if possible....please.
Great work! &apls
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

six9nc

Ok gang have at it. This is Downport the latest "Port city" I have created.  I built the city around the skyway which spans the container port inlet and the Lower Rowan River.  I try to be as realistic as possible and still have fun with the game.  Not my best but what do you think?

"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

Terring7

Very nice downtown. I mostly liked that the buildings aren't too closed to each other :)

Here is a small neighbourhood in one of my towns. The blue effect caused by the weather mod, giving a more cyberpunk feel. What do you think?

The Choice is Ours
---

IL...

Indeed, it's a little messy

Varnado

Click for full size:

This town, Happy Valley, isn't my most recent work but this has been one of my favorite screenshots for a while. I would say it's a great representation of my style, or at least the style I'm using in the region I'm currently working on. Besides removing the frames counter from the upper left of the screen, doing something about the pollution clouds, and replacing the Maxis waste-to-energy and coal power plants and ferry port, what improvements would you recommend?
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

Pioneer

Quote from: Varnado on August 16, 2013, 05:45:28 PM
Click for full size:

This town, Happy Valley, isn't my most recent work but this has been one of my favorite screenshots for a while. I would say it's a great representation of my style, or at least the style I'm using in the region I'm currently working on. Besides removing the frames counter from the upper left of the screen, doing something about the pollution clouds, and replacing the Maxis waste-to-energy and coal power plants and ferry port, what improvements would you recommend?
Cosmetic pieces on the regional highway so that vehicles can pass each other. It'll make it look more realistic.

droric

Looking for some additional pointers on how to use MMPs to create industrial and water/forest areas.  I am attempting to grungify the industrial area and keep my meadowshire terrain mod.  These are a couple pictures I have so far any comments or suggestions would be most helpful!  After my DAMN-NAM project is completed I want to try my hand at creating a MD.  I wish I could paint closer to the wide radius rail curves :(

I resized your pics, max width is 1024. - Robin

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

rooker1

I suggest you get rid of those trees in the first pic or don't use them. The LODs on them are not the best and there are a lot better trees out there that are HD. As for using MMPs, try not to over do it with any one in particular. Most of them blend together fairly well for a great end result. Also try not to use them too perfectly, any sort of line curved or straight looks out of place.
As for the industrial areas, try adding some fences and garbage on the lots. Add some trees and bushes in between areas.

What you have so far is fairly good. With some practise I'm sure you'll get it. And the best way to even more advice is to actually start and MD in"The Recently Published" section.

Good luck and I hope I was able to help.
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

droric

Quote from: rooker1 on September 12, 2013, 06:40:07 AM
I suggest you get rid of those trees in the first pic or don't use them. The LODs on them are not the best and there are a lot better trees out there that are HD. As for using MMPs, try not to over do it with any one in particular. Most of them blend together fairly well for a great end result. Also try not to use them too perfectly, any sort of line curved or straight looks out of place.
As for the industrial areas, try adding some fences and garbage on the lots. Add some trees and bushes in between areas.

What you have so far is fairly good. With some practise I'm sure you'll get it. And the best way to even more advice is to actually start and MD in"The Recently Published" section.

Good luck and I hope I was able to help.
Robin

Robin,

First of all thanks for your response you pointed out alot of helpful ideas.  I will redo the area tonight and post some a couple screen shots to see if I have improved upon my work a bit.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro