• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

the updates of RHW 5.0 were awesome! keep'em coming!! &apls.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

drjumbajookiba

In memory of September 11,2001
   i
   i
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii                   WE Will Never Forget 9/11/01       
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii                         it was a great lost   :'(
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiii     iiiiiiiii
Live Out loud For God

MandelSoft

^^ Still a bit random to post it here, however, it's still quite a great loss...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ps2owner

I have a reqest for RHW: namely an dual elevated mis crossover piece. Would come in handy for T intersections.
l l
\/
/\
l l
Note: they don't cross, one goes under the other. Also, they go in oposite directions and it would be a 2 tiles wide piece.
Thanks!

thornyjohny

Yeah, like the diverging diamond thingy in the avenue TuLEPs. That would be useful.

Risu

'Scuse me....

Just now, I was tinkering with the wonderful* RHW items, and I found myself in need of an AVE over RHW-8C piece, like there is for the RHW-6C.

...And perhaps, of course, for the ingame-road and OWR, while yer at it. ;)

* Btw, you guise deserve to be paid more for all this. ()flower()

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

MandelSoft

I see some ramps designed by a drunk engineer, especially the north-to-east ramp  ::)

j-dub

It looks like that one road is supposed to go thru, but instead is blocked out with that commercial zoning.

Blue Lightning

It was an awkward interchange - the two highways cross in a full turbine a little further down :P And j-dub, I've since hooked that up properly - decided stubbing it didn't look so great (nor did it help with traffic when the area developed)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

ivo_su

I noticed that pieces of the new  overpasses are more like  ETLA-5 than EAVE-4. This is very dangerous in my view, because without barrier protection, the risk of accidents is  too high. Perhaps clone of the old was better.

Regards,
- Ivo

MandelSoft

Thats something that bothers me too a little. But hey, just a simple texture mod can do the job!

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on September 10, 2011, 01:46:50 PM
I noticed that pieces of the new  overpasses are more like  ETLA-5 than EAVE-4. This is very dangerous in my view, because without barrier protection, the risk of accidents is  too high. Perhaps clone of the old was better.

Actually, at the speeds on surface streets (typically not more than 45mph or 70km/h), there's not really much danger there at all--cars obviously aren't allowed to drive in that area, and it's no worse than having an Elevated TuLEP or a MAVE-4 overpass (in fact, it's safer than either of those since there's a larger space between lanes of opposing traffic).  In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find any true Avenue overpasses in Oregon that have a hard barrier down the middle.

-Alex

ivo_su

I agree with Maarten, a texture mod that will easily solve the problem. As for Alex and Oregon - I'm not sure that such panels exist in many places in the world but that does not mean that they are safe, right? Yet you know that a collision is the most dangerous of all and in the absence of Containment or separating sail danger increases. If there is no logic in my words, why highway guardrails are used? However,  spent too much time on this not so important dispute, and there are more pressing and it is:
- Alex does not like to have your old avatar back, it is high time now to see the familiar image  :D :D :D

Best,
- Ivo

MandelSoft

Here we don't have actual barriers either on these roads. Instead, the center is just slightly higher than the road surface, so you can't easily cross to the opposite side of the road. Example:
http://maps.google.nl/?ll=52.048359,4.475743&spn=0.000007,0.005284&t=m&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.048359,4.475743&panoid=ixJlGaHcahlnDhcDiM0RJw&cbp=12,325.88,,1,18.09

However, on these roads the speed limit is only 50 km/h. At higher speeds, the viaduct is often divided in two, one for each direction.

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 10, 2011, 03:29:38 PM
Here we don't have actual barriers either on these roads. Instead, the center is just slightly higher than the road surface, so you can't easily cross to the opposite side of the road. Example:
http://maps.google.nl/?ll=52.048359,4.475743&spn=0.000007,0.005284&t=m&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.048359,4.475743&panoid=ixJlGaHcahlnDhcDiM0RJw&cbp=12,325.88,,1,18.09

However, on these roads the speed limit is only 50 km/h. At higher speeds, the viaduct is often divided in two, one for each direction.

The same is true in Australia. Though we tend to only divide the viaducts if the road has been duplicated (far more common), but otherwise, we just have a low concrete median which is high enough to stop cars from mounting it if they go out of control. Some bridges have higher kerbs for trucks, same logic.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

drjumbajookiba

I will Tease you Some more :thumbsup:

Thanks for the idea of Dark Asphalt Blue Lightning
Live Out loud For God

delta9

I'm not sure BL meant absolutely black...

I'm sorry, I hate to sound rude, but that looks pretty bad.

jondor

Perhaps a bit too monotone and glowsitcky there.  Reminds me of the night courses on Rad Racer for some reason.  Or Tron.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

DAB_City

I don't know if you have thought about this before, but I've had a sudden flash of inspiration, and I thought; What if the NAM Team eventually recreate the plopable MHW interchanges/one-piece junctions in RHW form? That would reduce the learning curve for new users, reduce the time and space needed to create fully-functional junctions AND it would render the MHW extinct!

I don't know how this would work out with scaling issues, but I hope that you can consider this for RHW 6.0  :thumbsup:
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/