• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallasey

So realistic!

The slums are my favourite part of this update, the only thing that is missing is loads of people teaming around the crampt back alleyways. I don't know how one would go about doing that. 

I watch too many travel programmes!

marsh

It brings me great sadness to announce this, but It's time for Gansbaai to come to an end. I've lost much motivation as well as have had much on my mind. I've grown bored of making perfect things and Gansbaai is feeling less and less like a game/art form. And more of a chore. In no way am I leaving the Sim City world. Just Gansbaai, and am simply moving on.

I guess I don't have much to say.  &mmm I'd say it's been a great run. But all things must come to an end.
As some last words, Thank you all so very very much for supporting Gansbaai for this past year. I cannot express this praise in words. Commenters and lurkers alike, you're the people that keep CJ's and MD's going, as well as all others who play the game.

,marsh

Tomas Neto

That's a sad news!!!  I'll stay awaiting your new MD, then!!!   

apeguy

It's sad to hear that, but I look forward to whatever you have in store for us! :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

noahclem

Quote from: marsh on July 12, 2011, 07:20:29 PM
I'd say it's been a great run.

Sure has been!   &apls   Thanks for all you've shared with us here and I wish you the best of luck in your future SC4 endeavors. It's great to hear your not done with the community as you have a massive talent here. I look forward to seeing more of your work, albeit in a different format.

Reikhardt

Very sad news, but understandable. This Diary/ CJ has been one of the main inspirations for me in my work, particularly working with MM plopables, so thank you!

peter007

Hmmm. I can understand it.
I hope that you find a new project soon. Which will give even better pictures then on Gansbaai
Good luck with it.

-Ernst

RickD

Thanks for this inspiring MD. Of course it is sad that it is over. But I think it is better to end it while it is still great. Gansbaai has a place in my personal "best MDs ever" list.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

StarTreak

Hello, marsh remember where you found these desert-style houses, the following picture of his diary, or any other User that knows where to have these houses, please let me avisem.Sorry for my English because I am Brazilian and I'm using google translator

art128

Hola StarTreak, you can find these houses on the STEX (Simtropolis Exchange) Here by searching the creator "Frogface". He made most of them, or all of them, If i remember correctly. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

A pity that you stop using Gansbaai.  &mmm  That was really impressive. But I hope your show the next projects also.  :)
Good luck to you and all the best

Dantes

carlfatal

Hi Marsh,
after a long time...
sad to here You stop working on Gaansbai, but i can understand. Nonetheless Your work is so impressive and Your "old" MD will be one of my all time favorites. But that´s the way things go and i hope Your next project will come soon.
Greets, Carl

marsh

So, here I am. With a new MD. :) This will be different than other things I've worked on. This will be a story of growth. It will start from a average sized city and then one day, it will hopefully grow into a metropolis.

If you want to check out my old MD, take a look at the Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms.

I'll get a first update up later tonight. Enjoy for now. :)

Current Region View

(click for full-size)

netmod

Cough* San Fran Cough*

Very Nice  &apls
mooooooooooooooooo...

b22rian

Nice start here Marsh..
im glad to see you are off and running with a new region and CJ.

thanks, Brian

nbvc

Great to see that you started a new MD. The map look promising. :thumbsup:

jigsaw

insert signature here

GMT

... really, it is. I swear.

wallasey

That is a stunning map! I look forward to seeing how it develops!!

RickD

Wow, great region. I didn't even realise that it is the Bay Area because it's upside down.  ::)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)