• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Ahah, San frasico in an other way.. nice one Marsh! ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Wow, great map.
I decided to do a little Google Earth tour.  Awesome industrial city, complex terrain and very, very interesting transit networks......that until this lastest NAM release were not possible to do. 
I think this is going to be very interesting!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Nice map! And nice start of your new MD!
Looking forward to more... ;)

apeguy

Nice to see you're starting a new MD marsh, I'm looking forward to seeing this region develop. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

marsh

+Replies+

netmod, b22rian, nbvc, jigsaw, GMT, wallasey, RickD, art128, bat & apeguy: Heh, more comments than I expected. Thank you all. :)

rooker1: I'm trying not to be like San Fransisco. (One of the reasons the map is upside-down :P) To help with that I will try hard not to look at much google earth of the city. It will help veer away from trying to be like it. :) Although some areas, like the bay bridge, I wont be able to do any other way.

1-1
The town of Sandalwood. The small village of 53 lies on a peninsula jutting into the Frasica Bay. 10 shops line the roads for travelers and tourists heading through to larger cities and sites. The town is small. One of those where everybody knows everyone. Among other things is the small church and water tower, further from the town center. The only road is a 2-lane I-16.

1-2
The small town seems so alive at night despite being completely asleep.

1-3
No fences. At the moment the sort-of community the town has is trustful. The sheep and other livestock roam free around the valley and beyond.

1-4
I-16 winds through the hills east of town. It seems some cows have wandered out of the valley.

1-5

1-6

And that's all for today. Stay tuned and see how this develops. (I'm trying to figure out how myself :D )

Evillions8

I flipping love this new project you're doing.  &apls

Maybe I should do something similar with my tweaks.  :)

Ol.S / Benoit

This is gonna be a great MD for sure ! :)

Already love it, nice pictures and region !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Girafe

The PTM is a jewel in these pictures, the best (realistic) terrain mod ever released.

Really good job with landscaping :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Excellent first update. The terrain mod fits well and the flora is very very well added. The town is beautiful, can't wait to see how you'll develop it.

Props & Texture Catalog

Badsim

Hi ,

I saw these pictures firstly browsing the latest posts , and I knew immediately that marsh was the author ...

You're incredibly talented and I love all what you're doing . So , this new MD is more than welcome . &apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

jmyers2043

Hey Marsh

Nice study of stone, gravel, and tree placement. I like the wide open spaces. Is that CP Missouri Breaks terrain?

Good luck with this diary.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

marsh

+Replies+

Evillions, Benoit, Girafe, art128 & Badsim: Thank you all so much. :) There will be a few updates before the town actually starts growing. ;)

jmeyers2043: It's Orange's Pyrean terrain mod. You can find it on TSC :)

2-1
I-16 is the interstate coastal 2 lane highway that runs through the region. N-S it runs up the coast, and stops at a ferry crossing the Frasisca Inlet. It goes up some pretty rugged terrain on the coast to get by. That making it a very dangerous road too, cars commonly careening off the side.

2-2

2-3
It's a long way down...

2-4
Very quiet beaches. Almost private. Few people come here but the ones that do get all the privacy they need.

2-5
Steep cliffs drop almost straight into the water. Causing much rugged waves crashing into the rocks.

2-6

2-7

TmiguelT

Ol.S / Benoit

Amazing ! Great work with the flora :)

I am fascinated by the water mod texture. Is this the one I saw on Lawkee's thread ? Anyway, if you want to share it you know I'm here ! :)  :P

Benoit.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Framly

Amazing Pictures &apls
The Coastline looks gorgeous

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Yan077

Wow The water texture and the sandy beaches look awesome !!!

A fantastic start, and a very promising MD !
With you, it cannot end in any other way   &apls

Yann  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Hi Marsh,

I love that coastal highway. In fact, it reminded me a lot of the cover of my beloved '99 road atlas:

Flicking through the thing again I actually found out that it is Highway 1 in northern California. Goes to say how realistic you've made the whole thing. Double thumbs up.

Cheers,
Willy

noahclem

Beautiful start to your new MD marsh!  &apls &apls  The coastal road and the coast itself is perfectly done. The PTM with your MMPs is really phenomenal. I had wanted to post after the last update but had internet troubles and only see one picture  &mmm   Anyway, I look forward to the next update.

Orange_o_

Marsh, I did not see your MD, but Badsim told me that you had talent. So I came to look, and actually look forward to seeing you work with VIPRuralPack.

Congratulations and good luck

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

art128

You're up to a OSITM, i'm sure about that! :) Excellent job Marsh !

Props & Texture Catalog