• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

Is that a TE-lot with a road texture? I'm not really sure how you accomplished that scene, but even with the road breaks it's impressive (you didn't have to paint those traffic cones by hand, did you?

Also, I'm not really sure what they're doing...telephone line maintenance?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

RepublicMaster

That's a very nice scene Sunv! I think the second picture fits better as there isn't so many cars on the road, the first probably has a few too many.

I look forward to seeing more of this project! :thumbsup:

@APSMS : I would assume that they are just plain lots with the default road texture. Then some car, powerline and cone props have been placed on the lot as well. :)

sunv123

Thanks for the feedback guys :thumbsup:

I've modified the road lots and started on some Apartment complexes (Modifying the entire SHT pack)

What's next? ::) :D

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

art128

I like the new apartment complex, good work on the lotting.

However, I'd recomend to delete that double-bus. I find it difficult to believe that the bus is going to take the small parking lane instead of the wide road. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Delecto

looks great!  :thumbsup: Give us more please.  :D

Girafe

Amazing LOTs you have done.

Reallygood job, wait to see more :)

ps: you could find few hedges I have done in the Post Office building of Vnaoned, don't know if it could be useful for you
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Outstanding work on those SHT relots  &apls  They're some of my favorite buildings and you've done an excellent job with them. Given all the other HD props your using HD fences might be nice as well--I think there are some by namspopof andor Working Man Productions (I forget which of them). Keep up the good work.

RepublicMaster

These relots look great! I especially like the first picture with the car park and bus. :D

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Mr.Lin

Wow,fantastic lotting !
Can't wait to see more ! &apls
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

metarvo

Good job.  :thumbsup:  I like the road entrance in the first picture a lot.  The parking lots add a nice touch, too.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sunv123

Thanks for encouraging words guys :thumbsup:

I was looking for some more LOTing material and I came across this baby. Michigan Central Station. I will be a tough challenge indeed, but I'm going to re-create the station when It was still bustling and running.

Some info about it

Quote from: WikipediaMichigan Central Station (also known as Michigan Central Depot or MCS), built in mid-1912 through 1913 for the Michigan Central Railroad, was Detroit, Michigan's passenger rail depot from its opening in 1913 after the previous Michigan Central Station burned, until the cessation of Amtrak service on January 6, 1988. At the time of its construction, it was the tallest rail station in the world.[1]
The building is located in the Corktown district of Detroit near the Ambassador Bridge, approximately ¾-mile (1.2km) southwest of downtown Detroit. It is located behind Roosevelt Park, and the Roosevelt Warehouse is adjacent to the east. The city's Roosevelt Park serves as a grand entry way to the station. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Restoration projects and plans have gone as far as the negotiation process, but none has come to fruition. In 2011, work began to remove glass and add new windows

BAT in it's original form

Inspirational Pics

Lets see how this turns out ;)

RepublicMaster

I can't wait to see how you use this great BAT! :D

APSMS

Perhaps you could upload the modified LOT when you're done with it?

Either way it'll be nice to see what you do with it. Looks like quite the project, though, esp. with the pics you've provided.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

sunv123

Michigan Central is being quite the nuisance, some of the props and textures aren't showing up in-game :angrymore:

I've been working on the SHT pack as well, with 3 new additions to the family :)

(Need to fix up the diagonal textures)

(Anybody know a fix for this? The props show on the other LOTs but don't show on just this single one.)

I am thinking of making some street vendor LOTs to fill up the gaps between roads like these

Anybody know of some good marketplace props? (already got NBVC's)

art128

Quote from: sunv123 on October 06, 2013, 07:11:56 AM

Gascooker or simgoober, I don't remember, Uki start from last page

Good job on the lotting!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RepublicMaster

Those lots look great! They are very creative. :)

RickD

I love the new city. Great work and excellent use of MMPs and the Lots are great, too.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

sunv123

A Day at the Riverside

Yes, we are back to Provo and what's more relaxing than a day at the riverside? ;)

I'm still a bit new to the large rocks, so this was a great learning experience

It's a great day for fishing, isn't it?

A day at the beach won't hurt

Seems like a good scene for an oil painting ;)

Replies

Quote from: Gugu3Excellent pictures! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Quote from: RepublicMasterGreat update. I like the Nash square! :D

Thanks Will!

Quote from: rooker1Great update.
I wish there was more life in the pics. I do see some cars but it seems like not enough. I do really like how all the buildins seem to fit together very well. Great choice of custom content.

Robin

Thanks for your feedback Robin. I've tried many mods to try and increase the amount of cars on the road, even my busiest stretches have barely any cars showing up :thumbsdown:

Quote from:  SchulmanatorLooks great! Nice new pix. :D

Thank you Bruce :)

Quote from: HaljackeyNice work!

This will really spruce up your Ave-6! http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26790-maxis-styled-ave-6-median-pack/

Thanks for the link Ryan! Really helps :)

Quote from:  RepublicSeems a little late, but it's a nice tribute. Very beautiful set of pics :)

It's never too late here :D Thanks for the kind words!

Quote from: GirafeI love this kind of pics  :thumbsup:

Delete one pole every other pole, you have a double brown car.

If you have the knowledge, you can scale up the yellow car to 120 / 130% to fit the rest of vehicules

Thanks for the kind words Antonie :). I will try to do that, but I'm kind of a newbie to SC4MT &mmm I'll check some of the tutorials

Quote from:  APSMSIs that a TE-lot with a road texture? I'm not really sure how you accomplished that scene, but even with the road breaks it's impressive (you didn't have to paint those traffic cones by hand, did you?

Also, I'm not really sure what they're doing...telephone line maintenance?

Thanks APSMS! Yes, I was trying to recreate what you said. I used just LE for this, so nothing's functional :thumbsdown: (If it was TE'd, they wouldn't [At least I don't know if they can] be able to be placed right next to each other.

Quote from:  RepublicMasterThat's a very nice scene Sunv! I think the second picture fits better as there isn't so many cars on the road, the first probably has a few too many.

I look forward to seeing more of this project! :thumbsup:

@APSMS : I would assume that they are just plain lots with the default road texture. Then some car, powerline and cone props have been placed on the lot as well. :)
Thanks Will! I was trying to re-create some "rural" roads near where I live, with commuters taking the small roads to steer away from the congested interstates. And a double thanks for clearing that up for APSMS :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128I like the new apartment complex, good work on the lotting.

However, I'd recomend to delete that double-bus. I find it difficult to believe that the bus is going to take the small parking lane instead of the wide road. :)

Thanks Arthur! I was using the bus as like a shuttle service for some of the buisnessmen and women, though like you said, it is a very narrow fit. &mmm

Quote from: Delecto on September 29, 2013, 10:04:05 AM
looks great!  :thumbsup: Give us more please.  :D

Thanks Delecto! More's coming up! :D

Quote from: Girafe on September 29, 2013, 10:09:46 AM
Amazing LOTs you have done.

Reallygood job, wait to see more :)

ps: you could find few hedges I have done in the Post Office building of Vnaoned, don't know if it could be useful for you
Thanks Antonie! And Hedges! Just what I was looking for! :D

Quote from: noahclem on September 29, 2013, 12:55:20 PM
Outstanding work on those SHT relots  &apls  They're some of my favorite buildings and you've done an excellent job with them. Given all the other HD props your using HD fences might be nice as well--I think there are some by namspopof andor Working Man Productions (I forget which of them). Keep up the good work.
Thanks Noah! Thanks for letting me know about the fences! :thumbsup:

Quote from: RepublicMaster on September 29, 2013, 02:59:43 PM
These relots look great! I especially like the first picture with the car park and bus. :D

Thanks Will!

Quote from: Schulmanator on October 01, 2013, 01:32:57 PM
Nice progress :D

Thanks Bruce!

Quote from: Mr.Lin on October 01, 2013, 05:46:37 PM

Wow,fantastic lotting !
Can't wait to see more ! &apls

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Quote from: metarvo on October 02, 2013, 05:44:41 AM
Good job.  :thumbsup:  I like the road entrance in the first picture a lot.  The parking lots add a nice touch, too.

Thanks!

Quote from: RepublicMaster on October 05, 2013, 08:31:45 PM
I can't wait to see how you use this great BAT! :D

Thanks Will!

Quote from: APSMS on October 05, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
Perhaps you could upload the modified LOT when you're done with it?

Either way it'll be nice to see what you do with it. Looks like quite the project, though, esp. with the pics you've provided.

Thanks APSMS! I will think about releasing it, but probably not anytime the near future ()sad()

Quote from: art128 on October 06, 2013, 07:21:49 AM
Quote from: sunv123 on October 06, 2013, 07:11:56 AM

Gascooker or simgoober, I don't remember, Uki start from last page

Good job on the lotting!

Thanks Arthur! I'll take a look at them :)

Quote from: RepublicMaster on October 06, 2013, 04:52:09 PM
Those lots look great! They are very creative. :)

Thanks again!

Quote from: RickD on October 09, 2013, 08:34:24 AM
I love the new city. Great work and excellent use of MMPs and the Lots are great, too.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Raphael!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RepublicMaster

The riverside scenes are amazing! You've clearly spent the time carefully detailing with each type of flora and it pays off with a seamless image!

Penta-thanks, yay! :P