• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lex downloader - Does it still work?

Started by martintallon, September 20, 2021, 08:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martintallon

Over the past few months I've repeatedly tried to use The downloader and it won't allow me to log in. I've even reset my password for LEX a few times and I can always log into Lex but I can't log into the downloader program it always says user name or password not valid. Does this 2.0.1 version still work? I'm on Win10 with all DLL's and Java8, it just won't allow me to log in to access my DL list.
From the book "Footfall"
Necessity isn't the mother of invention, the scifi writer is. Someone reads a book and says I can make that work and they do it.

Tyberius06

Yeah, currently it's not working (actually at least in the past 1.5 years), probably since the site got updated the last time. Considering that its main developper is quite busy with RL recently and have limited time, I don't think it will be fixed in the foreseeable future. But miracles can always happen, who knows.
But I can confirm that the download is not working currently.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

martintallon

Thanks Tyberius, I so dread having to reinstall everything for this game. I'll be clicking for months just on the dependencies and that's getting hard with Arthritis now a days. I wish there was a mass installer with just one click. Hopefully I can find a backup DVD with already installed files that's not scratched by my kids and grand kids. They just don't make games as good as this anymore.
From the book "Footfall"
Necessity isn't the mother of invention, the scifi writer is. Someone reads a book and says I can make that work and they do it.

Tyberius06

Well, I've been working in the past couple of months on a project called Project Zip, which is about to replace the *.exe installers with simple *.zip based uploads (like how most of them are on STEX). The organized folder structure would let the players to simply extract the contents of the ZIPs into their plugins with just a few clicks (I mean one will be able to literaly place hundreds of plugins into their plugins at once by extracting them.) I still have a bit of work with them, but most of the ground work is down, what's left is some fixing and polishing.
I can't say for sure when it's gonna happen (regardless whenever I finish my part of the project), but it's gonna happen eventually.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.