• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Exit/entrance ramps question

Started by Shark7, June 07, 2012, 10:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark7

I've read and searched and can't really find what I am looking for, so I'll give a brief description of what I want to do and see if it is even possible.

I would like to build a road system similar to what we have at home with a RHW-4 and 2 frontage roads flanking it (regular one or two way roads) with exit and entrance ramps from the highway to the frontage roads..

Example:

Fronatage Road------
--// ...median....\\---
HWY----------------

Is there perhaps a puzzle piece I have overlooked to make this possible, or do I need to simply use 2 RHW-2 and 2 RHW-4 to make it work?  Bearing in mind that the MIS(?) lane should be an angular intersection where the frontage road traffic must yield to it (on the two way frontage roads) or simply merge on a one way frontage road.

I've been trying some experiments, but have no yet accomplished my desired result...in fact it may not be possible with the current RHW system.

Tarkus

If the frontage road is one-way and it's converted to an RHW-4 for a brief stretch, you can use the RHW-4 Type C1-Inside ramp on the frontage road, and then connect the appropriate regular Type C1 (or Type F1, if you want accel/decel lanes on the mainline) into it.  There's not a way to do it with 2-lane frontage roads at the moment.  Given how many Texan users have been clamoring for frontage roads over the years, it's pretty much a given that we'll be improving this functionality down the line at some point.

-Alex

Shark7

Thanks for the response and advice Tarkus.  For now, I will do as you suggest and use one way frontage roads with the RHW-4 stretches to connect.  At least I will accomplish the look I want that way. 

Good to hear about the possible expansion with the frontage roads, I'll be looking forward to it.

You know how us Texans are, always have to do things different.  ;)

Twyla

Given the addition of the Avenue-based entrance/exit ramps, it looks like all that is needed is to reverse the pathing to produce fully-functional access roads.

Shark7

Quote from: Twyla on July 11, 2012, 02:14:54 PM
Given the addition of the Avenue-based entrance/exit ramps, it looks like all that is needed is to reverse the pathing to produce fully-functional access roads.

Good news.  I look forward to it.  :)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Shark7 on July 12, 2012, 06:53:50 AM

That isn't even on the docket right now. The proper and direct way to make Frontage Ramps is to use OWR Ramps, not backwards AVE Ramps (and luckily, the means of making OWR stubs was just figured out).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Shark7

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 12, 2012, 11:54:42 AM
Quote from: Shark7 on July 12, 2012, 06:53:50 AM

That isn't even on the docket right now. The proper and direct way to make Frontage Ramps is to use OWR Ramps, not backwards AVE Ramps (and luckily, the means of making OWR stubs was just figured out).

Still good news, even if it never makes it in.  Figuring out how things work is the biggest part of the job.