• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Zuid-Haarlem - New Poll

Started by JJsa, March 02, 2009, 03:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Zuid-Haarlem have industry?

Yes!
3 (33.3%)
No!!
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

JJsa

After some time working in NH, i decided to show another city with something totally different but no less interesting!I will try to show the developments of the two cities, and I hope your contribution with ideas and suggestions! I hope you enjoy and comment!

Up Next... Zuid-Haarlem Symbols

Coat of Zuid-Haarlem

carved stone Coat of Zuid-Haarlem

Think about it!
http://www.animalssavetheplanet.com/media/swf/design_video.swf

JJsa

Map of the Netherlands

City nickname

View of Zuid-Haarlem Main Canal

Kanaal van Leeuwen - Channel of Lion and Old city Wall

Treinstation Koningin Beatrix der Nederlanden - Train Station Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and Beurs van weefsels - Bourse of fabrics and fair plaza

Kathedraal van San Marcos - Cathedral of San Marcos

Kwadraat van de Cross-hoog - Square of the Cross High

Tuin Prinsen van Oranje - Garden Princes of Orange

Engel de Ruyter Park

Monument voor de Viking Boot - Monument to the Viking Boat

Weefsels Eerlijke | Koning William I van Nederland Plaza - Fabrics Fair | King William I of the Netherlands Plaza

Square schilder Van der Helst - Square painter Van der Helst

Paleis Napoleon - Palace Napoleon

Pictures of Zuid-Haarlem taken during WWII

Aerial views of Zuid-Haarlem

Cathedral Burgh and Middeleeuwse(Medieval) Burgh

General View

Aerial view updated @ 8,March,09

MandelSoft

First reply, yay!

Nice start for an MD. The pictures are looking really good, and some very nice Photoshopping with those WW2 pictures. I like the history too, which makes the sense of realism even greater

One thing I notice is that Zuid-Haarlem is located at excactly the same postition as Zoetermeer, where I currently live :P  I assume that you edited the map of the Netherlands and replace Zoetermeer with Zuid-Haarlem.

I hope that this MD will have a lot of nice updates!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Battlecat

An excellent start there!  Love your use of the canals, and green space! 

WC_EEND

looks great, I love european looking MD's
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Moby

Quote from: mrtnrln on March 03, 2009, 05:18:50 AM
First reply, yay!

Nice start for an MD. The pictures are looking really good, and some very nice Photoshopping with those WW2 pictures. I like the history too, which makes the sense of realism even greater

One thing I notice is that Zuid-Haarlem is located at excactly the same postition as Zoetermeer, where I currently live :P  I assume that you edited the map of the Netherlands and replace Zoetermeer with Zuid-Haarlem.

I hope that this MD will have a lot of nice updates!

Best,
Maarten

Looking at the map I see no A10 Ring Amsterdam. I also see no A58 South of Breda (on the map it runs through Breda) so that means that the map has to be from before 1989. I also see no A4 south of Delft. So the map is very old. Zoetermeer is a so called "Groeikern" wich means that the government stimulated building processes in that place. City's like Almere and Nieuwegein are also groeikernen and they are mostly located near a big city (Zoetermeer -> Den Haag, Almere -> Amsterdam, Nieuwegein -> Utrecht). I think Zoetermeer was a small village at the time the map was made ;).

FrankU

Nice work, JJsa!
I love to see the development. &apls

One thing though, I see your Dutch is a bit rusty. Surely it does not need to be perfect understand your project and to enjoy it, but it is possible you are a perfectionist and like to have some advice on the language part of your work. If you want, you may PM me.

JJsa

These drawings were made by me in a train travel! I hope you enjoy! They Represent possible roofs of houses in Zuid-Haarlem.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

JJsa

Hey!

Thank you for reply!

mrtnrln - Yes, I changed the map with an images editor! And i'll update the MD very often!

Battlecat - Thank you for your comment!

WC_EEND - Thank you!!

FrankU - Thank you! Yes my Dutch is not very clear!!:D

Sciurus - Thank You!!

JJsa

FrankU

Yes please, I'd like to be a citizen of Zuid-Haarlem!
What will be my rights and my obligations?

JJsa

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

sebes

I LOVE to become a citizen of such an excellent city JJsa!
The story and the pictures are really amazing. Looking forward to how you will develop this brilliant town.  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Emperor Stormont

Very impressive start, I love the style and the lot editing.  :satisfied:

Can I ask where you get your buildings? Some I have not seen before, especially the large building at King William Plaza :)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

JJsa

Hey!

Thank you for reply!

sebes - Thank You for your comment!!

Emperor Stormont - Hi! Thank you!! I got that Building from SimCity Polska @ http://www.simcitypolska.pl/download.php?view.94

EDIT: Merged posts. - Dustin (thundercrack83)