• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A little help with lighting

Started by A_1P, January 25, 2021, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_1P

Hi everyone, I think it is time for me to open a little post about lighting since I don't seem to quite get it...

I have read a few things on lighting and had some helpful input from nice members texting me.

Here is what I want to do:
I have a ship and want to lite up the position and top lanterns in green, reed and white. As well as aviation light on the helo deck and some lite up windows.

I understood that I can place active light spots (target spots and so on) and change their color (but I found that lights up the side of my whole ship in a red or green glow that i do not want)

What I am cutually looking for is something like a "glowing texture" like in this example with glowing logos:

I know that i can nitelite_ surfaces or models but I am not sure how to apply multiple different "light colors" since the setting seems to be global for all nitelites. Eg. once I turn the color for the aviation lights blue and then for the windows beige, the setting for all nitelites is beige.

I also found that there are user defined object properties where I can increase the brightness over 1 but the aviation lights are still pretty gloomy....

Do I have to place active lights within sheres and try to make them transparent? or what is the trick to get nicely lit up objects? If anybody could help me with that or point me to the right tutorial I would be very grateful.

I am open to any kind of communication if someone wants to have a quick chat or a call of some kind etc. I would gladly put together a tutorial accessible for everyone afterwards.