• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nettronic

Working on a large city tile now, I currently have two CBDs nothing as fancy as some of your guys stuff :)

One is Services based with a few office towers in there

The second one is my office park.. located next to my health wealth residental area.

sincitybaby

Here is New Concord Central, the second most dense collections of skyscrapers in the New Concord Metropolitan Area, home to over five million.

And a night shot, showing the great diversity in New Concord Central.

And here is Downtown Cedar Bluffs, the National Capital of the Platte Republic

What are your thoughts?

Paul 999

A office park at Den Bosch near by the A2 motorway.

Shortsonfire79

Here's 2/3 of my downtown. Each city has so far been run for 48 years, and the third (will be to the left) only has some road put down so far. I'll have the roadwork set up so that there won't be any eternal commuters.
[img=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Shortsonfire79/SC4/two_cities.png]

I'm really pleased with how this has turned out so far. :D  The third (to the left) segment of the downtown will have a few more custom stadiums (currently the Maxis major and minor league stadiums are present) as well as a large(ish) park. :)

FrankU

Quote from: catty on February 20, 2012, 02:12:25 AM
Quote from: leeam1989 on February 20, 2012, 01:34:46 AM
To Kuewr665 i plopped them all, but if u place a ped mall tile over them they dont dilapitate and the population doesnt go down!.. so you have realistic looking figures too...

It might pay to be a bit careful doing that ... someone over at SimPeg does the same thing and they end up with immortal lots and odd queries (they are a MAC player) so it might not have the same effect on you

Hey.... This is a cheat, obviously, but if you are interested in just good looks and don't care too much for perfection of game balance.... Like me. Then it could be interesting to understand this line of text. What is meant by place a ped mall over them? If I plop a ped mall onto the lot the house is destroyed, right? Or do you mean; place a ped mall next to it, in front, I guess? But I see streets and roads. So obviously I am misunderstanding. What is it that I need to do?

gaotingguxiu

CBD and university city

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Huston_N7

Some really awesome work above me :D

Got a few myself from a CJ/MD that's not posted here (yet?)

<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

droric

Quote from: Republic on October 08, 2013, 05:03:27 AM

Wow.  Im speechless.  Those city night views look absolutely amazing and have almost an old time feel to them as if they were plucked right out of a 1980's movie.  I have to ask was there much post processing done to obtain these wonderful images?

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Huston_N7

Quote from: droric on October 08, 2013, 05:15:02 AM
Quote from: Republic on October 08, 2013, 05:03:27 AM

Wow.  Im speechless.  Those city night views look absolutely amazing and have almost an old time feel to them as if they were plucked right out of a 1980's movie.  I have to ask was there much post processing done to obtain these wonderful images?

Actually, these pictures have minimal effects added to them. With the use of darknite, all I really need to do was to add some cloud effects and reduce the saturation to give it a more smooth and ominous atmosphere. And if need be, add graphics like the "Pyrocorp" logos on the Lomonsov University I used as an HQ to personalize the image to my CJ/MD :P
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

APSMS

Hey, Huston (Republic), I've been wondering and I don't think I've found an answer elsewhere, but assuming you didn't modify the base lot of Lomonsov University, does it directly replace the University & Library etc. reward lots, or is it just a mutually exclusive reward? I haven't installed it yet for fear of a plugin conflict with my existing cities and laziness (I guess; I don't really use test regions).

(And I think I commented on these images over on your CJ, though I'll have to double check and make sure I did. They look very...moody atmospheric)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Huston_N7

Quote from: APSMS on October 08, 2013, 04:08:33 PM
Hey, Huston (Republic), I've been wondering and I don't think I've found an answer elsewhere, but assuming you didn't modify the base lot of Lomonsov University, does it directly replace the University & Library etc. reward lots, or is it just a mutually exclusive reward? I haven't installed it yet for fear of a plugin conflict with my existing cities and laziness (I guess; I don't really use test regions).

(And I think I commented on these images over on your CJ, though I'll have to double check and make sure I did. They look very...moody atmospheric)

As far as I know, it's exclusively a reward and doesn't by default replace the Maxis University and editing it is virtually impossible since I can't save the new lot as a new file (it's disabled in LE). But I'm not fully sure, I haven't really run into any problems with it and since its practically three separate complexes it wouldn't be able to replace anything on its own.
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Bipin

A bit of a different twist...

...After all, even the grungiest of industrial regions need their downtown sector (or what's left of them).  :P

Resized pic, click for full size - Robin

Girafe

What an amazing job Bipin  :thumbsup:

I like too the night views from Republic  &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Huston_N7

Too...much...awesomeness and great CC...in one...pic...*brain explodes*
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

art128

Nice!

Funny, I can spot only one thing from maxis in that picture. :P
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bipin

Thanks all for the kind words!

Quote from: art128 on October 09, 2013, 02:50:42 PM
Nice!

Funny, I can spot only one thing from maxis in that picture. :P

Now, what might that be? :P

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JoeST

And maybe the U-Drive-It zots and the isometry? Some of the vehicles?

That is AMAZING :o
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms