• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metarvo steps up to BAT

Started by metarvo, January 15, 2009, 07:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis2567

Wow... It has been over a year now since he has done any work on the project. Or at least post it on the forums. Metarvo most be busy or either forgot about us.  :crytissue:

— Lewis2567
— Lewis2567

vester

Lewis please don't revive old threads.

As you said, its been over an year since he posted.

Lewis2567

Quote from: vester on January 11, 2015, 12:46:19 PM
Lewis please don't revive old threads.

As you said, its been over an year since he posted.

Hmm... Okay

So this is a rule here as well?  I didn't know that was a rule for forums.

Doesn't seem like much sense, since we are on the forums. The only place I know of that does this is Wikia...

But I do have a question about this matter, if we're not allow to revive old threads, how come some users have done this on other threads such as "Show us your powergrids" and not be questioned about it? I would just like to know.

— Lewis2567
— Lewis2567

APSMS

Stickied threads may always be posted in, no matter the inactivity, while the majority of other threads are contingent on activity by the thread author/owner(s).

This is generally the rule for most forums, especially moderated ones like SC4Devotion.

Also, some threads like bug report threads, support threads, and poster-driven threads (like the Show Us Your...) are also always open for posts, since their primary purpose is to always be available to posters when necessary/desired.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

metarvo

Just trying some things out here...

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Themistokles

1- Looks good, diagonal and great model :thumbsup:
2- Again a great model. Mmp friendly, even better :)
3- Ugh, that's just grimy ;) (jk, it looks great, just a tad too realistic maybe? $%Grinno$%)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

romualdillo

Metarvo is back into BAT again!  :bnn: Great news! The models look awesome!  :thumbsup:

metarvo

Thanks for the comments!  Here's just a little more...

Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

vortext

Looks great!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Very interesting pylons. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Looking real great there and love how it the feel is sooo rural for sure

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Vortext: Thank you!  :)

Art128: Thanks for that!  :)

Pat: It's good to see you around again.  Thanks for the compliment!  :)  Rural's sort of what I'm going for, although these poles can also be used in urban areas.

I've been a little busy, but I've tested this set and I may have an upload for y'all very shortly.

In all of my testing, I find that this set works best with the fine content others have created.  Here's an example of what you can do by combining it with MMPs.

EDIT: Here they are: the models, the steel V-towers, and the wood H-frames.

metarvo

Now, for something completely different!

Heh, I just got tired of there being a shortage of fractional-angle cars.  Plus, I wanted to get the Ford Focus hatchback a little representation.  :)  Just white and red for now, but more models and colors are planned.

noahclem

FA car looks great and will be very useful and I love the mmps  &apls Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Good start.

New car BATs are hard to find these days.. :)

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

metarvo

Noah (noahclem): I just wanted to fill a little gap here.  :)  I feel that a lack of FA cars is holding back the growth of BATting and LOTting at these angles.  Sadly, these are not actually MMPs yet, but they're merely placed on empty lots; I'll need to learn MMP before this can happen.

Nick (Simmer2): I was curious about trying my hand at BATting something a little different.  It wasn't so bad once I found the dimensions and such.  Besides, we can always use more cars.  ;D

This is just another pic better illustrating the different angles that are to be included.

kelis

Nice job !! Cars are always a good addition to our game  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

Great!!

Are you exporting them in HD? (can't really see it)
It would truly make a difference.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Looking great! Was referring to the earlier powerline MMPs last time ;)

metarvo

kelis: Thanks!  :)  My goal at the moment is to try to put together a starter set with various angles of somewhat common cars.

Nick (Simmer2): Thank you!  :)  Until this post, all pictures I've shown of these cars are SD.  However, that will change...  ;)

Noah (noahclem): Thanks!  :)

Now that I've tried some test renders in HD, here are the two zoom views affected by SD and HD:

Zoom 5

Zoom 6

My chief worry with HD is that the cars would clash with others out there which are SD.  I realize it's probably an outdated concern at this point, but I digress.  I want my content to play nice with the fine content that everyone else is making.  ;)  I recognize that others are doing HD now, though.