• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerRon91

Does somebody know the solution?
Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

z

I am unable to duplicate this problem, nor have I heard of others having it.  (In my pre-release testing, I had to delete these stations repeatedly.)  This problem does not happen for me regardless of the orientation of the stations.  When you hover the bulldozer directly over the station, does it still report a cost of §0?

This does not appear to be the classic immortal lot problem.

I would have two suggestions.  First, try plopping these stations in a new city and see if you can delete them.  If you can, your other city would seem to be corrupted in some way.  If you can't, I would suspect a plug-in conflict.  In this case, quit the new city without saving it.  Empty your plugins folder of everything except the NAM and these stations.  Then start the game in a new city and see if you can plop and delete these stations.  I expect that you should be able to do so.

Swamper77

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on February 27, 2009, 12:53:09 PM
And I think instead of continuing this here, as it is kinda off-topic, could you please PM me swamper when you go to respond to this?  :) Thanks.

Since your issue may affect others I suggest you start a thread in the Technical Issues subforum so we can work this out in public. Thanks.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Swamper77

You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

danielches

Quote from: z on February 28, 2009, 03:05:35 PM
I am unable to duplicate this problem, nor have I heard of others having it.  (In my pre-release testing, I had to delete these stations repeatedly.)  This problem does not happen for me regardless of the orientation of the stations.  When you hover the bulldozer directly over the station, does it still report a cost of §0?

This does not appear to be the classic immortal lot problem.

I would have two suggestions.  First, try plopping these stations in a new city and see if you can delete them.  If you can, your other city would seem to be corrupted in some way.  If you can't, I would suspect a plug-in conflict.  In this case, quit the new city without saving it.  Empty your plugins folder of everything except the NAM and these stations.  Then start the game in a new city and see if you can plop and delete these stations.  I expect that you should be able to do so.

I am also having the same problem. The same problem occurs in multiple cities for me, seemingly randomly. Some station work fine and can be deleted, others do not appear to work (does not show as a station/show usage when you query it) and cannot be deleted.
I have tried removing all plugins except the stations and the NAM and still have same problem.

Screenshot of station operating normally in a city of mine: http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sc4889079.jpg
Screenshots of station which dont work/cant delete: http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sc40908907986.jpg
and http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sc412442.jpg
Thanks,

z

Could you please post a listing of the files in your RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations folder, as well as the Models and Props subfolders?  Also, do you have the rest of RTMT installed?

danielches

Quote from: z on March 07, 2009, 11:25:13 PM
Could you please post a listing of the files in your RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations folder, as well as the Models and Props subfolders?  Also, do you have the rest of RTMT installed?
i reckon that is most prob where the problem is, cause i didnt understand what to delete etc 100%, and it seemed to work so i just left it lol,

RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations folder: Models, Props, Station Pictures, readme, RTMT_Lots_T-RAM_Euro.dat, RTMT_Road_Textures_Euro.dat, TR BG N_TN.jpg, RTMT_Stations_T-RAM_Capacity_Low.dat, TR BG_TN.jpg

Models: Historic GLR TramStation.dat

Props: RTMT_PropAS_BusSign_Berlin_Road.dat, RTMT_PropAS_PhoneBooth_BlueYellow_Road.dat, RTMT_PropAS_TimeTable_Romen_Road.dat, RTMT_PropS_GLR_ModernLongWhite_Road.dat, RTMT_PropS_GLR_ModernShortWhite_Road.dat, TMT_PropS_GLR_Shmails_Road.dat, TMT_PropS_GLR_TSC_Road.dat, RTMT_PropS_Historic_GLR_Station_Road.dat

As far as I am aware i do not have the rest of RTMT installed.

Thanks

z

That's exactly where the problem is.  Basically, you reversed the installation directions for the Models and Props subfolders.  You need to go back to the zip file and extract all the files from the Models subfolder into that folder on your hard drive.  Then in the Props subfolder next to it, you need to delete all the files containing the string "GLR" except RTMT_PropS_Historic_GLR_Station_Road.dat (the last one).  Your installation will then be set up properly; I expect that you will be able to delete your stations then.  Please let us know what happens.

I would expect that this is also RogerRon91's problem.

danielches

Quote from: z on March 08, 2009, 01:52:36 AM
That's exactly where the problem is.  Basically, you reversed the installation directions for the Models and Props subfolders.  You need to go back to the zip file and extract all the files from the Models subfolder into that folder on your hard drive.  Then in the Props subfolder next to it, you need to delete all the files containing the string "GLR" except RTMT_PropS_Historic_GLR_Station_Road.dat (the last one).  Your installation will then be set up properly; I expect that you will be able to delete your stations then.  Please let us know what happens.

I would expect that this is also RogerRon91's problem.
im still not having any luck after trying that....

z

I attempted to duplicate your problem by running SC4 with exactly the files you reported.  The problem did not appear.  I saved the city and reloaded it, thinking that that might trigger it.  It didn't.  All stations behaved normally, and were easily deleted.

When I first saw the file list you posted, it was different from what I expected in order for this problem to occur.  From the time you first started building stations until the time you posted your file list, did you add or delete any files?  If so, which ones?

danielches

I would say i most likely did add/delete some files, because i do remember playing around with it,
the problem is however that i dont remember at all which files i played around with.

If this is the cause, now that i have my file list right, should i no longer get the problem on any new stations i build? If so i guess i should try it out to test this...

z

Quote from: danielches on March 08, 2009, 04:25:59 PM
I would say i most likely did add/delete some files, because i do remember playing around with it,
the problem is however that i dont remember at all which files i played around with.

That's what I thought.  Somewhere along the way, you ended up building stations that part of SC4 thinks are there (that's why you see them) and part doesn't (that's why you can't delete them).  You can try things like building roads over them, plopping buildings on top of them, and attacking them with disasters.  These approaches may or may not work.  This is why following the directions in the ReadMe file is so crucial.

QuoteIf this is the cause, now that i have my file list right, should i no longer get the problem on any new stations i build? If so i guess i should try it out to test this...

That is correct.  With the file list fixed, the stations should work fine.

danielches

ok, well im gonna try plopping more now, and see if i get any more with the same problem,

in regard to destroying them, well ive tried disasters and it doesn't seem to work (I ei put in a volcano, and the station just rose with the volcano and stayed there), so i guess i'll keep trying to build stuff on top of them etc.

z

You shouldn't have any more problems.  A couple of thousand people have downloaded these stations so far, and if this were a problem in the standard configuration, I would have heard about it long ago.

A couple of years ago, I had a building I couldn't delete, so I tried the volcano too.  Same results as you.  I'm afraid that station isn't going away.  If there are any experts here who know some tricks to get rid of incomplete buildings, please chime in.

newsimaddict

I have had the same issue as what has been described...

Whilst all the avenue tram stations have worked excellent, I have had the indestructable tram stop (both tram on air and in road versions) happen to me numerous times this past week.

As an avid backup fan of regions and plugins, last night I loaded an old backup region (in which I definately knew there was the tram stop issue) and suddenly I was able to delete the tram stop! I don't know why as I haven't messed around with any settings etc. It...just...worked!

I'll be playing this weekend so I'll do what's described in previous posts. If I have any more dramas, I'll take a pic of settings/game etc.

z

I think we need to get to the bottom of this.  First, a few questions:

Have you modified the files you have installed since the initial installation?  If so, how?  In any case, could you please list your current RTMT T-RAM files and their folders?

I'm not surprised that you were eventually able to delete the stations - they were basically incomplete, and completing them properly would have made them deletable.  So I think that this is further evidence for an installation error.

I was planning to track this down personally, but I've been a little short of time recently.  So instead, I'll get the crack RTMT SWAT Team on it right away.   $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2

In the mean time, whatever additional information you can provide would be quite helpful.

EDIT:  What's this "tram on air" version that you refer to?

BigSlark

I have the same "immortal station" issue, z. Well, not with all the stations, just some of them. I updated my RTMT T-RAM stations last night by overwriting the files I had previously installed, I checked the dates afterwords and everything seems to be up-to-date.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Kevin

z

We are currently working on this, but so far, have been unable to reproduce the problem on this end.  Could you please post a list of files you have installed from this package, grouped by folder?

z

We are still working hard on this problem, but so far, none of the team has been able to reproduce it.

The fact that it has been reported happening in a new city with an essentially empty Plugins folder is especially puzzling.

So at this point, I need to ask some basic questions, and answers from any of the affected people would be extremely helpful.  Do you have the main update patch for SC4 installed?  The file name for this patch is SimCity 4 B638.EXE.  Do you have the night lighting patch installed?  The file name for this patch is SC4Update4BAT.exe.  And do you use the plain RTMT T-RAM bus stops (no tram station), and if so, do you ever have problems deleting them?  If you don't use these stations, could you please try using them and see if you have the same problems deleting them?  Thanks!