• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj_starfleet

About 30min after I made that post I found Xyloxadoria's and SimFox's Stations on the RTMT Creations board Thank You!
and thank you for the picture of the NYC Bus Stop that is now going to be my choice of bus stops!   :)

Gringamuyloca

Z et al.... First.. Thank you! Thank you all for your never ending endeavors to keep taking this game to the next level... and especially being willing to share the fruits of your hard labours.!  ()flower()

I am in the middle of reading the readme... 
There are a number of Stations files with NAMCapacity in their name.  As with the roadside files, for each type of Station file, you should pick a file ending in either High or Low, and delete any others.  You should be left with two Stations files; their names will be identical except that one contains the additional string AGLR.

I have two additional files, as I play with the CAM :) ... I'm thinking I would want to keep the RTMTV3_Stations_NAMCapacity_CAM and RTMTV3_StationsAGLR_NAMCapacity_CAM and delete the other 4?? ... so that I am left with two station files as stated?

Just checking, as assuming things can make a big mess of things...as I have discovered the hard way more than once  &ops

Thanks...
Tamara

z

You're welcome!  I'm glad you like the new RTMT features.

Those CAM capacity files of yours are obsolete in many ways, and would cause problems if you kept them.  Please follow the directions as written.  Since you use CAM, I would strongly recommend the "High" versions for you.  They work very well with CAM.

Gringamuyloca

So glad I asked!!  ;D  Thank you!  I was surprised to find those 2 CAM files in there.
Tamara

Shadow Assassin

What bus stop models are currently available for use with the RTMT? Also, will any new ones be added in to provide a consistent style across all RTMT networks?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

z

The bus stop models currently available for RTMT are all detailed and illustrated in the original V3.50 Readme file, with the exception of the NYC bus stop by Gwail, which is illustrated above.

What do you mean by "a consistent style across all RTMT networks"?

Cougar2004

I don't usually post to these threads, but I admit i ran into a questionable situation..

I am attempting to install this 3.60 update, and my folder looks wrong. 

I have ended up with both:
RTMTV3_Lots_NonRoadTop_US_High.dat
RTMTV3_Lots_NonRoadTop_High.dat

And I have a feeling the instructions were messed up and should have told me to delete the older one with the US in it from the 3.51 pack.

Also is it ok to still have these 2 old files in my folder:
SC4TrashcanFix.dat
RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Standard.dat

Oh and I have been meaning to ask someone if they know about the DAMN that is required to be installed with the 3.60.  My question is:  If I install the DAMN, will i lose any original game functionality, such as the news box items?  I was thinking that they would be replaced by these shortcuts as the new management system.  But im not entirely clear on the concept yet.  Thanks.

CaptCity

Quote from: Cougar2004 on October 24, 2009, 11:27:07 AM
...older one with the US in it from the 3.51 pack.

The 3.51 patch was made obsolete by version 3.60, so anything from it is not needed. So you will only need the latest file with NonRoadTop in the name (either High or Low).

QuoteAlso is it ok to still have these 2 old files in my folder:
SC4TrashcanFix.dat
RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Standard.dat

Yes, as far as I know, those stay. Only files that have the same or like names are replaced or added.

QuoteOh and I have been meaning to ask someone if they know about the DAMN that is required to be installed with the 3.60.  My question is:  If I install the DAMN, will i lose any original game functionality, such as the news box items?

The DAMN is not required for RTMT 3.60. If you don't use it, the icons in the regular menus are used to place the lots. The DAMN adds the option of an entry in the news window that can be used to open an additional menu in a pop up window with specific icons (such as the RTMT lots). This will not affect the functioning of the news items. Hope this makes sense...

Cougar2004

Quote from: CaptCity on October 24, 2009, 05:16:43 PM
The 3.51 patch was made obsolete by version 3.60, so anything from it is not needed. So you will only need the latest file with NonRoadTop in the name (either High or Low).

Yes, as far as I know, those stay. Only files that have the same or like names are replaced or added.

The DAMN is not required for RTMT 3.60. If you don't use it, the icons in the regular menus are used to place the lots. The DAMN adds the option of an entry in the news window that can be used to open an additional menu in a pop up window with specific icons (such as the RTMT lots). This will not affect the functioning of the news items. Hope this makes sense...

Thanks for the reply.  I am now removing the other NonRoadTop file and leaving only the new 3.60 one.  I understand that the 2 original files that were not replaced will stay.  I understand now that the DAMN is optional, but i have installed it now anyway, and it is very useful.    I just have no clue where to get all the plugins to populate the already existing directory structure. 

z

I believe you can find them all on the LEX DVD.

CaptCity

There are some listed throughout this thread. Although I don't know for sure if they still function.

nicacin

Edit the previous post

Now another problem  &mmm

whit RTMT like bus/subway on street - via - highway sings don't work

whit RTMT like SAM, GLR, roadside stop , work :

look the screen:

some help ?

Bobbi

Hello nicacin,
It is no problem. ;)
If you look at these stations carefully, you will find they are different.

For example, the first station in the menu in the screenshot, there is a bus stop on one side. And the third one, there is a subway entrance on one side. And the fourth one, there is a bus stop and a subway entrance on both sides. And so on :)

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

nicacin

Quote from: Bobbi on October 31, 2009, 06:07:14 AM
Hello nicacin,
It is no problem. ;)
If you look at these stations carefully, you will find they are different.

For example, the first station in the menu in the screenshot, there is a bus stop on one side. And the third one, there is a subway entrance on one side. And the fourth one, there is a bus stop and a subway entrance on both sides. And so on :)

i know this, my question maybe is translated wrong  $%Grinno$%

i mean the bus stop texture is always the same: blue bus stop

when in the description of the mod there are many different texture bus stop

Look these screen :

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22713

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22650

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21016

Bobbi

First of all, you must read the readme file. In the readme file, it shows us how to use the custom models on RTMT stations.

If it is difficult, you can read the following text. "$Deal"$

The stations show blue bus stop is because of a file named "RTMTV3_PropS_BusStop_TfL.dat". So delete it in the "Prop" folder in the "RTMT" folder.
And then make sure there is a model file you like in the "Model" folder. If there is no, you must download that model and move it there, or the stations will show a BIG BROWN BOX.
Next, move a file what start with "RTMTV3_PropS_BusStop_XXX.dat" or "RTMTV3_PropF_BusStop_XXX.dat" to the "Prop" folder. The "XXX" must match the model's name.
If there is a file named "RTMT_APropBase_BusStop_XXX.dat", move it there too.
Finally, start the game and check the stations... :)

The way to use models of the other part of the station is similar. ;)

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

nicacin

Quote from: Bobbi on October 31, 2009, 08:07:53 AM
First of all, you must read the readme file. In the readme file, it shows us how to use the custom models on RTMT stations.

If it is difficult, you can read the following text. "$Deal"$

The stations show blue bus stop is because of a file named "RTMTV3_PropS_BusStop_TfL.dat". So delete it in the "Prop" folder in the "RTMT" folder.
And then make sure there is a model file you like in the "Model" folder. If there is no, you must download that model and move it there, or the stations will show a BIG BROWN BOX.
Next, move a file what start with "RTMTV3_PropS_BusStop_XXX.dat" or "RTMTV3_PropF_BusStop_XXX.dat" to the "Prop" folder. The "XXX" must match the model's name.
If there is a file named "RTMT_APropBase_BusStop_XXX.dat", move it there too.
Finally, start the game and check the stations... :)

The way to use models of the other part of the station is similar. ;)

thank you, i resolve myself just in this way ;)

now i got only NY style in HD bus stop  :thumbsup:

nicacin

i try the RTMT in one of my city, small city (60k people): i replace all the bus stop and subway station with the RTMT stop

well ONLY in this city, after the replace of the stop, i've got a slowdown of loading time and especially if i turn the game speed " very fast " : the time elapsed not is continuous but slows until stop for some seconds and again restart, it's very slowed and the game is unplayble with this speed

i suppose the fault is the RTMT, cause any other city don't have this problem

some suggestions ?

catty

Answered at Simtropolis

QuoteYour first problem looks like an installation problem; it appears that you have installed RTMT V3.60, but missed at least one of the steps. I think if you look hard enough, you'll find that your "Capacity" files aren't the latest, or else the older ones are still around and are overriding the newer ones.

QuoteWell resolve the first problem: i'v eliminate the files "namcapacity" in the RTMT folder and replace with the same file from 3.60 zip folder now signs work
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Answered at Simtropolis

QuoteAs for your second problem, the Trafficfix DM mod is known to cause this problem when used with RTMT. Do you have this mod installed? This mod is obsolete, and is not supposed to be used with the NAM. Removing this mod fixes the problem.

QuoteFor the second problem, i don't have any traffic mod installed :/

... problem ongoing
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

z

QuoteFor the second problem, i don't have any traffic mod installed :/

What mods do you have installed?