• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Hi diamonddog_74,

The SFBT Essentials are not the culprit; they don't interact with RTMT, which is self-contained.  Instead, you seem to have a simple installation error here.  Rather than going through the process that catty described, at least for now, I would recommend the following:

1. Completely uninstall your current RTMT installation.  Simply deleting the folders is sufficient.

2. Install RTMT v3.50 using the installer package.

3. If you had the RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations installed, install them.

4. Install RTMT v3.60.

If you follow the instructions for each of these packages exactly, you should have no problems at all.  But you must read the Readme files and do exactly what they say.  If you do all this and still have problems, let us know, and we'll help you straighten them out.

diamonddog_74

Quote from: z on January 15, 2010, 03:42:17 PM
Hi diamonddog_74,

The SFBT Essentials are not the culprit; they don't interact with RTMT, which is self-contained.  Instead, you seem to have a simple installation error here.  Rather than going through the process that catty described, at least for now, I would recommend the following:

1. Completely uninstall your current RTMT installation.  Simply deleting the folders is sufficient.

2. Install RTMT v3.50 using the installer package.

3. If you had the RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations installed, install them.

4. Install RTMT v3.60.

If you follow the instructions for each of these packages exactly, you should have no problems at all.  But you must read the Readme files and do exactly what they say.  If you do all this and still have problems, let us know, and we'll help you straighten them out.

OK, I will try this now. I'll let you know how it goes.

diamonddog_74

OK, so far I've installed RTMT v 3.50 from the installer. I chose only the "Single Prop" configuration to make it less complicated, and only "Roadtop" stations. Then, I applied RTMT Patch 3.51 because I'm using Simulator Z High.

After that, I installed RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations. I fired up the game and I can see all the ones I've installed. The T-RAM stations visible are only the ones with the plain green roof (Historic), none of the other ones appear.

I haven't applied RTMT Add-on Pack V3.60 yet. I want to read the instructions carefully before installing.

z

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on January 15, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
The T-RAM stations visible are only the ones with the plain green roof (Historic), none of the other ones appear.

You can only have one type of T-RAM station at a time; you need to remove the ones you don't want from the Props folder.  You're getting the Historic station because it's last in alphabetical order.

diamonddog_74

Quote from: z on January 15, 2010, 10:03:20 PM
You can only have one type of T-RAM station at a time; you need to remove the ones you don't want from the Props folder.  You're getting the Historic station because it's last in alphabetical order.

Doh!

BTW, the instructions in the ReadMe say:

"They are the last six files in the Props subfolder.  You should decide which shelter you want to use, and delete the other four."

Should it say, " ... and delete the other five" if out of six we're choosing one?

diamonddog_74

Quote from: z on January 15, 2010, 10:03:20 PM

OK, I seem to have everything working now. I installed the v.3.60 Add-on as well. I must've deleted the wrong thing from the original installation, and that may have caused the issue.

I'm looking forward to v.4. Hopefully everything will all be more streamlined through the installer. Thanks for your help. :-)

Boerentoren

I'm a total noob concerning RTMT and I have one basic question..

Where do I get stations that will fit with this dual ground rail???

z

Quote from: Boerentoren on January 22, 2010, 12:13:08 PM
Where do I get stations that will fit with this dual ground rail???

They're in the original RTMT v3.50 station pack by Cogeo.  Please be sure to read the included Readme file carefully.

Additional RTMT station packs can be found by searching the LEX with the advanced search, using my name as creator.

Andreas

There are a couple of SFBT stations for those as well, search for "Andreas" or "Chrisim" to find them. :)
Andreas

greenbelt

I was about to install RTMT V3.5 when the installer required me to select a capacity.  I barely understand all the stuff I've read about capacities so I'm just using the default settings that came with NAM 2010 Traffic Simulator Tool. 

So is this (RTMT V3.5) compatible with the new NAM? 

What capacity setting should I select in the RTMT installer?

SORRY.  I found the RTMT forum.  Didn't know there was one.   &ops

catty

Quote from: greenbelt on May 16, 2010, 03:43:39 AM
...So is this (RTMT V3.5) compatible with the new NAM? 

What capacity setting should I select in the RTMT installer?

Yes its compatible, I been using the new NAM with RTMT V3.5 and the RTMT update V3.60 since the new NAM came out and everything is working as expected   :thumbsup:

as to capacities I would recommend selecting high capacity, in the next RTMT when its released, high will be the default setting

catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

greenbelt

Korot

Sine I see no request thread, this will have to suffice. Will the next RTMT version include stations for the NWM networks?

Regards,
Korot

catty

Quote from: Korot on May 16, 2010, 12:19:34 PM
Sine I see no request thread, this will have to suffice. Will the next RTMT version include stations for the NWM networks?

Regards,
Korot

The Eternal RTMT New Features Poll can be found here

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5681.0

currently we have eight votes for wanting RTMT stations for NWM in the next RTMT release
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Korot

I knew of it's existence, but since it has been around for a long time, I just didn't think that it was updated with the NWM.

Regards,
Korot

z

The New Additions to RTMT thread also serves as a request thread, for future reference.

Catty is right about the Eternal RTMT New Features Poll's still being quite active.  However, the results of that poll are for guidance of the RTMT Team only, and are not completely binding.  In reality, we expect that now that NWM is out, there will be a much greater demand for its stations.

I've personally been tied up with the new NAM for a while, but I should be getting back to RTMT essentially full time very soon.  There are a few important things that need to be done before NWM, but those stations are a high priority for us.

Tigey

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I am having trouble seeing the functionality displayed above.  I have installed the V 3.60 RTMT and the update.  Everything is working nicely except for the Highlighting and queries.  Opening the query shows only the local spots info, and the Traffic view is unchanged from normal.

Is there something I was supposed to do to enable this functionality or what?

Some things that might be causing it:
OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 - but I am running SC4 as Administrator
Game: SC4 Deluxe - Mostly Legit.  Installed from backup of CD.  I have no idea where the original one is...
Virus Scanner: Avira AntiVir Professional

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would love to use these capabilities.

Tigey

z

Do you have the SC4 update patch installed from EA?

For further continuation of this discussion, please use The RTMT V3 Support Thread.  Thanks! :)

Tigey

z

The most likely explanation for your problem would then seem to be that when you installed the v3.60 Add-On Pack, you did not remove the one of the earlier files, specifically a file that had the word "Capacity" in its name but did not include the word "High" or "Low" afterward.  You should remove any such files.  Their presence could cause exactly the symptoms that you are describing.