• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: evilbob on February 03, 2011, 01:03:19 PM
Yeah, i guess i'll have to try and upgrade the gpu soon, i guess.  Figured 4gigs and a 8600gt would be alright, but soon as i hit 550k with a 220k comerical and 150k indi, the city has become most grumpy, as in the roads start flickering and it freezes every few seconds.

That's definitely the sign of a video problem, whether it be drivers or hardware.

io_bg

Hello guys, I'm having a small problem with the RTMT (I hope this is the right place to ask for that). I think the tram in avenue stations aren't supposed to have two shelters at once, are they? ::)

Any ideas how to solve that? Thanks in advance.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

cogeo

Obviously your installation contains prop-files of both single-prop and prop-family mode. You may install either mode but not both. Check the readme for details. Also I see you have two different bus stops in the bus/GLR station. The prop-family mode is intended not for providing such a variety, but for enabling using different props at different areas in your city (or across cities). You can force the game to select one specific prop, by having only one RTMTV3_PropF_BusStop_...dat file installed at the time you plop the station; the RTMTV3_APropBase_...dat file(s) must be permanently installed, otherwise some busstop props may be lost.

Also, if you have made a manual installation, check the main RTMT datfiles. In general, only one datfile of each type may be installed, eg only one station set (US or UK), one capacity set, one textures set and (up to) one markings set. More details in the readme.

pezzajn

Was wondering if anyone has/had the same problem with the latest RTMT version, and if so, might know the solution...If not, then perhaps maybe I have found something interesting?  I tried to be thorough in my search through the forums to see if anyone had an answer, didn't see one, but perhaps I just plain missed it.

Also, apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted to be thorough.

After a few installs, a little bit of toying around and tweaking (for checking out the options), I think I got a good handle on the way single and family props work.

I finally decided to settle after all that tinkering and did a final install of the RTMT (V3.5 using the installer not the zip, Interim Tram Stations and the V3.6 Add-on) by following all directions choosing "US" styles (right hand side) and "High Capacity".

My issue appears to be occurring with using the "prop family" of GLR station props.  Note no "single prop" GLR stations were installed during these evaluations.

I installed all GLR stations except for Cogeos modern GLR stations (both short and long).

When I plop the Avenue GLR/Bus/Sub station lot (i.e., GLR station with bus & subway transfers on same lot), the lot works properly and I can get anyone of the different family prop GLR stations I kept in the props folder to show up.

When I plop any of the other Avenue GLR Station lots (i.e., GLR station only, GLR/Bus and GLR/Sub) I get no GLR stations to appear.

Then I decided to include Cogeos modern GLR stations both short and long.  [OK so this was by accident as I just put all of the family prop GLR stations into the props folder.]

I get the same result when I plop the Avenue GLR/Bus/Sub station lot (i.e., GLR station with bus & subway transfers on same lot), the lot continues to work properly and I can get anyone of the different family prop GLR stations to show up.

However, now when I plop any of the other Avenue GLR Station lots (i.e., GLR station only, GLR/Bus and GLR/Sub), I only get Cogeos GLR stations (both long and short) to appear.

So thinking that this was just an issue with the High Capacity version.  I backed up and tried out the Low Capacity version and had the same results as described above.

I did not try any of the UK versions to see if they did the same thing.

As a follow-on test to the family props, I did test out using just single prop GLR stations (that is no family prop GLR stations installed in the props folder).  All of the single GLR Station lots seem to work properly and show the station that I included in the props folder.

All other use of family props on those lots seem to work fine as I played around with both bus stations and subway stairs.

Now the latter, using single prop, is great if I only want one type of GLR station on my avenues (but I am torn between the likes of two).  And not that I do not like Cogeos' stations...but I look forward to being able to install, as a family, just the Historic and Simfox GLR stations for all the avenue lots to use, so I can "bounce" around between old and modern within the same city.

Any feedback or solution is greatly appreciated.  I really like the set  &apls and hope that there is a solution out there.  Also, looking forward to update or V4 if you are still planning on releasing it.

z

Could you please set up your RTMT installation in one of the configurations where you get no prop family GLR shelters, and then post a listing of the files in your Props folder in this thread?

As for your final comment, work on RTMT continues, slowed a bit by RL.  But we are nearing completion of the FLUP station released, and all of the previously announced features of v4 are still planned.

CaptCity

Would this be related to the issue raised here (Link). Possibly had something to do with RKT1 vs. RKT4 files...?

z

CaptCity, I do believe you're right.  :thumbsup:   The situation sounds identical.  The fix should be simple, and I think I have a little time to look into it now.  If the fix is indeed simple, I can issue it as an update to the current v3.60 release.

pezzajn

z,

Appreciate you looking into this.  I'll have to check the link from CaptCity after, but wanted to be sure I got the images uploaded to help you in assisting me.  Below (assuming I upload these right) should be screenshots of the files in my RTMTV3 Folder of my Plugins.

This is the root folder for the High Capacity RTMT that was installed at the time:

This was my original structure for my Props folder which I moved the files into subfolders for easier sorting:

Thinking that this was the cause of it, I moved everything from those subfolders back up to the Props folder.  All of the prop files I had In both sorted configuration and in this screenshot were present in both trials that said incident occured:

Whether I sorted into subfolders or not, it made no change to the results...and even with props sorted everything else worked fine such as my family of bus stops.  Shows SC and RTMT are forgiving in this respect.

Lastly this was the root for the Low Capacity when I had it installed before the High Capacity.  Prop files were the same as previous screenshot:

Again...Thanks,
pez

z

The two bugs indeed turned out to be the same one, although the root cause had nothing to do with the RKT1 vs. RKT4 (fortunately).  Instead, it's due to a prop ID mix-up that seems to have occurred when the Tram-in-Road stations were introduced.  I tested a the fix, and it works; I have attached the fixed files to this post.  Pick only one of these files, corresponding to the one you have installed in your main RTMTV3 folder, and use it to replace the installed version.  

The main RTMT v3.60 download will also be updated with this fix, which fixes both bugs.

EDIT:  Attachment removed pending updated fix, which will be coming soon.  Please do not use the former attachment.

pezzajn

z,

Thank you for such a quick response on the file update!

I wanted to report out my findings...

Since I am in the US, I tested the the RTMTV3_LotsAGLR_US.dat with both the High and Low Capacity configurations.

For my purposes as identified earlier this is a Total Success!  For others however, there may be an exception...

I installed all of the family props of GLR shelters.  When I plopped the Avenue Stations (GLR only, GLR/Bus/Sub, GLR/Bus, GLR/Sub) I was able to get all shelters to cycle through except for Cogeos Modern Stations (both short and long).

Strange I thought (as this is the opposite effect of my earlier post).  To go further, I removed all but the three files that make up Cogeos GLR station so that only three files in the props were:

RTMTV3_APropBase_GLR_Modern.dat
   RTMTV3_PropF_GLR_ModernLongWhite.dat
   RTMTV3_PropF_GLR_ModernShortWhite.dat

This time no shelters showed up on the station lots.

Now I said earlier this is a Total Success "for me", only because I was not planning to utilize the Cogeo GLR shelters, and I can and will be able to cycle through the shelters I am interested in.

Thanks again and I hope that I am being helpful with my updates.

-pez

z

Thanks very much for your response, pezzajn!  Your experience with Cogeo's GLR shelters fit in with the mystery of why they were special in the other bug.  It turns out that while I have the up-to-date shelters here in my files, they were not included in the distribution, so that other users are getting the original v3.50 shelters.  So right now, there is still a prop ID synchronization problem for everybody else.  I have attached the updated shelters to this post; they should be used by those people who are using Cogeo's shelters in a prop family configuration.  They replace the prop family files that have the identical name.  I will also update the v3.60 distributions to include these files.

So there were actually two bugs here after all...

EDIT:  Attachment removed pending updated fix, which will be coming soon.  Please do not use the former attachment.

CaptCity

Thanks for the fixes z...

I came on to report success with the first attachment when I saw that it had been reported, but the second issue had appeared. I have since tried the second attachment, and it worked as well for Cogeo's long and short shelters. I did want to add, though, that the file names are not exactly the same. The originals didn't have "avenue" appended on the end. Just wanted to pass this along in case it came up after someone tries a copy/paste.

Also, I tried all the available shelters for the GLR-in-Avenue, and it appears that the TSC shelter is still experiencing the same issue.

z

Although the attachments in my previous two posts fixed the two bugs at which they were directed, they did not address a compatibility problem that had arisen along with these bugs.  The result is that after the bug fix, the prop family GLR shelters were mostly incompatible with RTMT v3.50, and only slightly compatible with the prop family GLR shelters of the original RTMT v3.60, which mostly didn't work anyway.

I have redone the fixes so that they are now completely compatible with the original RTMT v3.50 prop family, which worked fine.  I have also tested these fixes, and they work just as well as the previous ones.  I have attached two files to the end of this post; these files contain these fixes.  One file contains the same lots used in the first fix, and should be used in the same way; only one of the two files should be used.  The second zip file contains a number of prop family GLR shelter files; these should replace the files of the same name that came with the original RTMT v3.60.  I've also included Cogeo's two GLR shelter files here; these are the same as the ones that came with RTMT v3.50, and you would need them only if you replaced the original files with the ones from my previous fix.  If you downloaded the previous fixes, they must be replaced with these, and any prop family GLR stations built using the previous fixes should be bulldozed.  My apologies for the inconvenience.

As before, the RTMT v3.60 download will be updated shortly.

pezzajn

Quote from CaptCity:
QuoteI tried all the available shelters for the GLR-in-Avenue, and it appears that the TSC shelter is still experiencing the same issue.

Good thing CaptCity had checked this too.  I forgot that very early on I deleted (by accident) the TSC Shelters, which after a long while forgot about them and started to convince myself they came only with the Interim Tram on/in Street Set.

Quote from z:
QuoteMy apologies for the inconvenience.

Not at all.  These bugs just manifest themselves in the strangest of ways.  If I had settled initially on just one shelter I probably would never have found this out.

Thanks again for the fixes and glad that you are able to sort it out!

z

Quote from: CaptCity on April 10, 2011, 12:18:03 AM
...and it appears that the TSC shelter is still experiencing the same issue.

I missed this.  This turns out to be a completely unrelated bug.  It appears that the files in the prop family version of the TSC GLR shelter got lost at the time of the RTMT v3.60 release.  I have restored them in the attachment below, and they will shortly be going into the RTMT v3.60 download as well.

EDIT:  I realized that this bug actually got fixed along with the others, as the TSC shelter that's included in the optional props in the RTMT v3.50 zip file now works properly.  Nevertheless, I am leaving the shelter here and have now incorporated it into the RTMT v3.60 release, as it was the only GLR prop family shelter that wasn't already there.  (The reason for this is that it is the only GLR shelter that has not been converted to HD yet.)  For the single-prop version of this file, you still need to go to the RTMT v3.50 zip file.  This two-step process will be eliminated with the RTMT v.4.0 release, where all props will be available in the original download.

janslaven

Sometimes when I plop the station cars and trams won't pass under it???

z

When you plop one of the T-RAM stations, if you wish to use it immediately, you need to drag the road tool through it.  The station will also work if you save the city and then reload it.

Unassigned

I installed RTMT (3.60) a few days before it was last updated (on 20110410). Having read the discussion above, which led to the update, I'm still not sure what I have to do in order to apply the fix. Would you tell me which files have been changed/added?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

z

The easiest thing to do is to download the files at the end of Reply 293 and Reply 295 above.  Where those files have the same name as your existing files, you should replace the existing files with the new ones.  As CaptCity pointed out, some of the files have the same names as the old ones, except that they have "avenue" appended to their name.  These should be considered updated versions of the old files, and they should replace the old ones.

If some of the files in the attachments don't corresponds to any you have installed, then you should not install the new versions either.

I would also recommend downloading the current RTMT v3.60, so if you change your configuration, you will automatically have the correct files.

Unassigned

Thank you for replying so quickly.
Quote from: z on April 27, 2011, 01:19:32 PM
I would also recommend downloading the current RTMT v3.60, so if you change your configuration, you will automatically have the correct files.
Already did.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination