• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davetripd1

Hi,
Installed the 3.6 patches (fresh install didnt use the 3.0 version) and I am having a problem with the underground view when laying subway or subway stations (usually rtmt sub/bus avenue stations).  The station plops ok, but the little label that only shows in underground view (tells you what kind of station it is) shows up about 15 tiles away, like 5 squares right and 10 down)

Thanks for the great mod!

z

I haven't heard of this happening before.  My guess for the most likely cause would be a version conflict between files.  You say you didn't use the 3.0 version, but did you first install the v3.50 version?  This is necessary.  If you didn't, you should uninstall everything and start over.

Also, it would be good to make sure that you don't have an older version of RTMT somewhere else in your Plugins folder.

davetripd1

Thx for the quick reply, I did a big cleaning of my plugins folder and the readme in the datpacker recommended moving props and textures from your mydocs plugin file to your program file/plugins file (not sure about the reasoning there but did it anyways).  Your post made me remember this so I moved my prop and texture files back to the mydocs plugin file and the underground road markings appears as they should.

So... Thanks!

SNR1984A

Since I installed the RTMT 3.60, I lost the bus stops and subway entrance props visual variety. Now I just have yellow subway props and blue bus stops in my city =/

What can I do to recover the bus and subway props?

----------------
Now playing: Sonne Hagal - Song Of Innocence
via FoxyTunes

z

Quote from: SNR1984A on June 14, 2011, 02:00:30 PM
What can I do to recover the bus and subway props?

If you have a backup of your old Props folder, it's best to use that.

Otherwise, you can find all the basic props in the zip version of RTMT v3.50.  Be sure you install either the single prop or prop family version of these props; full details about these two versions are in the Readme file.

SNR1984A

I did that and it worked, thanks a lot!! =D

diamonddog_74

Hi everyone,

I saw this screen shot of a proposed project on the NAM thread but it reminded me of a question I wanted to ask in this forum:

It looks like there is a bus stop under the elevated rail line linking the ped malls on both sides of the avenue.

One thing I've noticed when placing tram-on/in-road puzzle pieces, and then placing an RTMT bus stop somewhere along the way, is that the train (tram) makes a stop at the bus stops as well as the actual on/in-road tram stop.

To illustrate better, I place bus stops every ten tiles along a road, and a tram stop every 25 tiles. Basically, I thought the tram would ignore these bus stops and just speed along the track to the tram stop. Instead, I see it stopping at every bus stop along the road. Is this normal behavior, or is it a little bug that may be fixed in the future?

catty

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on June 21, 2011, 04:26:42 AM
...To illustrate better, I place bus stops every ten tiles along a road, and a tram stop every 25 tiles. Basically, I thought the tram would ignore these bus stops and just speed along the track to the tram stop. Instead, I see it stopping at every bus stop along the road. Is this normal behavior, or is it a little bug that may be fixed in the future?

Hi diamonddog

This question came up on the RTMT Support topic over at Simtropolis ... quoting Z or Z1 as he is know over there

QuoteThe fact that the trains stop above these stations is essentially a game bug; stations that handled multiple travel types in situations like this were not part of the original SC4, so this issue never came up then. However, no passengers get on or off the el trains at these stops; you can verify this with the Route Query Tool. Only the automata are affected by this bug, which cannot be fixed by us.

see here for the original question and answer

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/4490-road-top-mass-transit-developmentsupport-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1012760

hope that helped

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

diamonddog_74

Quote from: catty on June 21, 2011, 11:18:35 AM
Hi diamonddog

This question came up on the RTMT Support topic over at Simtropolis ... quoting Z or Z1 as he is know over there

see here for the original question and answer

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/4490-road-top-mass-transit-developmentsupport-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1012760

hope that helped

:)

Thanks catty.

I was pretty sure it probably had been addressed before somewhere. I'm glad that it's only a cosmetic bug then, and doesn't affect the actual function of the network.

SNR1984A

Now I have different problems... The civic vehicles can't go through RTMT roads or streets lots. How can I fix it? Can someone help me?

z

Which civic vehicles are you referring to?  If you're talking about such things as fire trucks and police cars, then this is most likely a conflict with another plugin.  Temporarily empty your plugins folder of everything but RTMT, start a new city, and see if you still have the problem.

soccerderek

Hi all! I'm having a little problem just with the bus stops. I have deleted all PropS files and chose all my props for every station and accessory. Everything functions properly except the bus stations. I chose the Big blue and the DPMO stations. However in the game when I plop them, sometimes there are brown boxes instead of the station, one brown box and one of the station, and on rare occasions, the two stations. I think its the London bus stop that is appearing as the brown box. Any suggestions to fix this?

z

Could you please post the contents of your Props and Models folders?

MR.Y

nice. May you can change the texture without the text "Bus way", cause so you can use it all over the world, without the language mistake(I can't imagine, that here in germany somewhere at a Bus Stop stand "Bus way"). Hope you know what I mean.

z

Quote from: MR.Y on July 13, 2011, 02:46:49 PM
May you can change the texture without the text "Bus way", cause so you can use it all over the world, without the language mistake(I can't imagine, that here in germany somewhere at a Bus Stop stand "Bus way").

The road markings are overlay textures; if you don't like them, you can just remove the file, as specified in the Readme.  There's also a special set of German road markings, too; it's included within the RTMT v3.60 update.

CaptCity

Quote from: soccerderek on July 13, 2011, 10:24:12 AM
Hi all! I'm having a little problem just with the bus stops. I have deleted all PropS files and chose all my props for every station and accessory. Everything functions properly except the bus stations. I chose the Big blue and the DPMO stations. However in the game when I plop them, sometimes there are brown boxes instead of the station, one brown box and one of the station, and on rare occasions, the two stations. I think its the London bus stop that is appearing as the brown box. Any suggestions to fix this?
Since you had to plop that one station 23 times to not get a box, I'll ask if you also removed all the PropF files for SimGoobers (SG) stops? There's 20 of them, which means the chances of getting boxes is greater than not. Just a thought...

soccerderek

Hi again. Yes I deleted all simgoobers 20 bus stops.
Here are the contents in my props folder for you Z:
models:
Thanks again!

CaptCity

Unless you have them somewhere else, I don't see the model files for the BigBlue and DPMO shelters. Also the model for the Ninja BusSign. Ckeck the Readme for links if you need them.

I set my RTMT folder up like yours, and that's the only thing that gave me the boxes.

soccerderek

Quote from: CaptCity on July 14, 2011, 11:15:48 AM
Unless you have them somewhere else, I don't see the model files for the BigBlue and DPMO shelters. Also the model for the Ninja BusSign. Ckeck the Readme for links if you need them.

I set my RTMT folder up like yours, and that's the only thing that gave me the boxes.

I downloaded the bus stops from the stex yes. I have them in the general plugins folder.

z

Your Models folder is very sparse in general, and I can see several potential problems.  The Models folder is supposed to be fully populated.  It doesn't matter if you have extra models in there; they just won't get used.