• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

You could also try using the file "RTMT_El_Road_Textures_Standard_Low.dat" (or "RTMT_El_Road_Textures_Euro_Low.dat", as the case may be) instead of your existing textures file.  These files were designed to address this problem.

Magneto

Okay I tried with the euro low texture, here is the result:

Road texture matches perfectly, however the rail texture is unchanged

And here with the graphic settings set to high as Capt suggested (still with euro low texture)

That is neat! Only probem is I can't run with those settings, makes the game too slow to be playable on my PC. Do you think there is a way to make it work with medium settings? That would be great.

Oh one more question, by any chance does the team have something like a el rail station over double decker pieces in the pipes? I stumbled across a thread on this site where Xyladoria  showed pictures of a station, I have a very similar station made by him but it's designed to cross over an avenue... Were his project scrapped for some reason?

Anyway big thanks to you guys for your time and input, its really appreciated.

Cheers

CaptCity

Quote from: Magneto on July 12, 2012, 11:03:29 AM
Okay I tried with the euro low texture, here is the result:

Road texture matches perfectly, however the rail texture is unchanged.

I noticed the same thing when switching the Standard texture files...

z

Let's take another look at your original picture:

Note that part of the problem here is that the space in the middle of the tracks surrounding the station shows very dark, even though there's grass below them.  In the spaces above the station, you can see the grass, just as in the spaces beyond the roadway.

This would appear to be a NAM bug, where the spaces in the el rail over road aren't displayed properly at the Medium and Low level.  I don't know how hard it would be to fix, but you could always post on the NAM board and ask.

Then, of course, there's still the property that the texture of the rail itself over the station doesn't match the texture of the surrounding rail at Low and Medium levels.  We use the same model for the el rail that the NAM does - in fact we just reference it - so it would appear likely that the difference is caused by the different way that lots and networks work.  Whether or not this could be fixed, I don't know (although personally I doubt it); it took us a long time to get this to work as well as it does.

Quote from: Magneto on July 12, 2012, 11:03:29 AM
Oh one more question, by any chance does the team have something like a el rail station over double decker pieces in the pipes? I stumbled across a thread on this site where Xyladoria  showed pictures of a station, I have a very similar station made by him but it's designed to cross over an avenue... Were his project scrapped for some reason?

We really did want to get this station done, but it was shelved for lack of resources.

Neshi

I've installed the latest patch to the RTMT and I'm loving it, there is just one little thing that is bugging me.

the red square where the bus is supposed to stop, is not in front of the busstop. Is that due to an error of mine with a particular file, or is that just the way it is?

FrankU

It looks like you have a Left Hand drive game with Right Hand drive busstops!

Welcome to the community by the way, I see it is your first post on SC4D.  :thumbsup:

Frank

z

Those UK road markings are used only for left-side driving.  It looks like you've got the RTMTV3_Lots_US.dat file installed, which is correct if you're in the U.S. or any other country where people drive on the right.  Assuming that's the case, you just have to pick a different road marking.

Neshi

I have been lurking for a long time, haha
Never had any problems with the stuff I've downloaded :)

I have the everything installed for lefthand drive, so I am unsure what is causing the busstops to show up as right hand drive.

z

I figured out what your problem is.  Despite what your folder listing says, those aren't the UK lots - they're the US lots.  Somewhere in your Plugins folder you have a file called RTMTV3_LotsAGLR_US.dat, and it's overriding the UK version of this file.  Perhaps you have a DatPacked version of RTMT?  Or another version stored somewhere else?

You can easily prove that this is what is actually happening.  Temporarily move everything except your RTMT folder into a temporary place outside your Plugins folder.  Then start up the game in an empty city, and plop this lot.  You'll see that the position of the subway and the bus stairs are reversed.

Neshi

No I don't. I've done a windows search thingy, but the US.dat does not show up. I don't know. I will try it with the US.dat and see if that changes things around. Other than that, I have no idea what's wrong.

z

Did you try this in an empty city with only RTMT (and the NAM) in your Plugins folder?

wacs

Hi,
Long time lurker, first time poster.  I installed rtmt recently, but have not been able to get the DAMN menu to work correctly.  It posts a bunch of garbage when I click the return to RTMT main menu from the DAMN menu interface.  I followed the installation instructions, renaming customnews.dat etc, and moving files around.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!
Robin

catty

Quote from: wacs on April 02, 2013, 12:52:42 AM
Hi,
Long time lurker, first time poster.  I installed rtmt recently, but have not been able to get the DAMN menu to work correctly....

Hi Robin

Sorry I missed seeing your post, I've been using the DAMN Manager by Yild which you can find on the LEX  here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2876

I need to dig out our Readme as its been a while and my plugin folder is using the RTMT beta, but I'll get back to you tomorrow.

-catty

EDIT:  Sorry got caught up in RL will still test/check this out for you first chance I get
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Hi wacs

Sorry for the delay, I re-installed Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1775

the new NAM and the RTMT and its dependencies into an empty plugin folder also have installed the DAMN Manager (see previous post),  am using a Win 7 64bit all-in-one single core desktop computer

No problems or error messages while testing it using the Maxis Region from the citybuilders site

QuoteIt posts a bunch of garbage when I click the return to RTMT main menu from the DAMN menu interface

What was the "garbage" or can you post a screen shot of it as I've gone from the DAMN menu to the RTMT menu and back again a number of times, it maybe that as I'm doing this in an empty plugins folder something in your plugins folder is causing a conflict?

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

eagle74

I have been away from the game for awhile, & need some guidance.  Is the RTMT v3.5 the latest version?  And then there is a v3.6 patch?  Want to make sure I install the right one(s)

catty

Hi eagle74

Quote from: eagle74 on November 22, 2013, 03:34:09 PM
...And then there is a v3.6 patch?...

v3.60 isn't a patch but an add-on for v3.50, its called RTMT Add-On Pack V3.60 and can be found here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2247

we also have the  RTMT Interim T-RAM Stations found here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1986

and also the RTMT GLR Transitions which is here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2248

hope that helps

-catty

eagle74

Catty,
Thanks, I will start with v3.5.

catty

Quote from: eagle74 on November 22, 2013, 04:15:00 PM
Catty,
Thanks, I will start with v3.5.

:thumbsup:

get stuck at all, here to help

-catty

eagle74

OK, I installed V3.5, & then, V3.6 add-on.  The readme says that there are two capacities, low & high.  But, mine did not change from V3.5.  It is still the 5X.dat version.  Is this OK?

Also, I read through the strings in this support thread explaining capacities & still don't understand why the RTMT capacities are so much lower than the transit stations add-ons included in NAM 31.2.  Just a question.

Rady

Hi there, since I've been absent from SC4 for quite some months now, I just wanted to drop in and ask if there a re any news regarding RTMT stations for the new NAM NWM networks? Anything in works right now  %confuso? Or "on the list"? Since the poll did show quite some interest in that, I thought I just might ask ...

Apart from that, thank's for you great work in creating this addon  :thumbsup:
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps