• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: eagle74 on November 25, 2013, 03:27:10 AM
OK, I installed V3.5, & then, V3.6 add-on.  The readme says that there are two capacities, low & high.  But, mine did not change from V3.5.  It is still the 5X.dat version.  Is this OK?

Also, I read through the strings in this support thread explaining capacities & still don't understand why the RTMT capacities are so much lower than the transit stations add-ons included in NAM 31.2.  Just a question.

A number of the V3.5 files either need to be deleted or replaced with the V3.60 files, the readme called "!!!README!!!_RTMT_Addon_Pack_V3.60.html" goes into the details, but in short you are deleting all the capacity files from V3.5 and replacing them with either a low or high capacity file from V3.60 ... I would recommend making everything high capacity, as to the difference between the RTMT and NAM capacity for transit stations, it is because the RTMT release is now a couple of years old and the NAM is current, in the next version of the RTMT the capacities will match.

Quote from: Rady on November 25, 2013, 03:41:59 AM
Hi there, since I've been absent from SC4 for quite some months now, I just wanted to drop in and ask if there a re any news regarding RTMT stations for the new NAM NWM networks? Anything in works right now  %confuso? Or "on the list"? Since the poll did show quite some interest in that, I thought I just might ask ...

Apart from that, thank's for you great work in creating this addon  :thumbsup:

The RTMT Team does plan on putting out a RTMT V4.0, but most of the team are also members of the NAM team, which is currently taking priority, I can't say at this stage when V4.0 will be ready for release, but can tell you the last beta did contain FLUP and NWM stations.

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Rady

Quote from: catty on November 25, 2013, 08:37:01 AM
The RTMT Team does plan on putting out a RTMT V4.0, but most of the team are also members of the NAM team, which is currently taking priority, I can't say at this stage when V4.0 will be ready for release, but can tell you the last beta did contain FLUP and NWM stations.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up, and keep on with your marvellous work :thumbsup:
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

eagle74

Rady,
Appreciate the help.  I must have extracted some of the files to the wrong subfolder the 1st time around.  this time I got them in the right place & deleted the ones not needed.  It appears to be working OK now, but will have to plop a few stations & let them run for awhile to make sure. 

One more question:  I assume that it is OK to delete lots & models not used, e.g., Berlin bus stop, etc.

By the way, I really do appreciate all the effort that went into RTMT.  Great job!  I don't play the game without it.

catty

Quote from: eagle74 on November 25, 2013, 05:33:33 PM
Rady,
Appreciate the help.  ...

()sad()

QuoteOne more question:  I assume that it is OK to delete lots & models not used, e.g., Berlin bus stop, etc.

I tend to keep models in my plugins folder even if I don't have the lot any more, but I think that's a personal preference on my part, as for the Berlin Bus Stop, I can't see that deleting it will cause any problems, but until you are sure you may just want to move the lots and models you don't want in the RTMT to somewhere else, so you can put them back easily if you do have problems.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Rady

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

eagle74

Catty,
Thanks for the help. I am removing files only to keep the size of my plugins folder down.  ()stsfd()

catty

Quote from: Rady on November 26, 2013, 03:27:23 AM
...It's always nice to get a hug for nothing  ;D

()flower()

Quote from: eagle74 on November 26, 2013, 04:03:23 AM
Catty,
Thanks for the help. I am removing files only to keep the size of my plugins folder down.  ()stsfd()

Good luck with that I've long since given up trying   ;D

tvrcars

I cant seem to get the euro textures working, I cant get rid of the double yellow lines in the road. I have the RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Euro.dat in the main file but the double yellow lines are still there, I thought the roads going through the bus stop would have dashed white lines to match the euro roads. Have i missed out something in the main file? You can see what i have in my plugins RTMT main file

catty

If you are trying to match the road, then you would need to use "RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Standard.dat" instead of the Euro file, I should point out you are using a old version of the RTMT and you may want to consider upgrading at a later date

-catty

tvrcars

the old version? I only use RTMT on roads and avenues, the new one has the sam streets etc, I like to keep mine simple lol

I replaced the file with "RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Standard.dat" and I still have the yellow lines going through the bus stop.

Does it have anything to do with the installer when I was asked I went for the Euro texture style, if i reinstalled it clicking on the standard road texture would that fix the problem?

cogeo

The installation (using RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Euro.dat) looks OK to me. And this file indeed contains the euro-style textures. So this is really strange.

I can only think of a duplicate installation. Pls search into your plugins for RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Standard.dat. If it's not found, it may be some custom content creator who put the textures into his upload. Normally the main RTMT installation folder is named RTMTV3 and put immediately under the Plugins folder (also the case in your installation). Try renaming RTMTV3 to z_RTMTV3. This will cause the folder to be loaded last, and therefore "override" (replace) the previous one. If so, you should be getting the euro textures in your busstops. But... we are not done! Then try renaming it to say, u_RTMTV3, and so on, until you find the culprit. Please let us know the results.

tvrcars

ok got it to work after taking all my plugins out and just leaving in NAM files and RTMT in. Added my plugins in a few at a time and the only one that causes the problem is zzz_RTMTV3_sandstone.

catty

Quote from: tvrcars on January 16, 2014, 12:57:26 PM
...the only one that causes the problem is zzz_RTMTV3_sandstone.

which does explain the problem as that's not a RTMT file, it belongs to the "Sandstone Texture Mod for Road Top Mass Transit (RTMTV3)" and was created by someone called AtmoGuy

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26535-sandstone-texture-mod-for-road-top-mass-transit-rtmtv3/

cogeo

Glad that you found it!

So the Sandstone Texture Mod contains textures for the standard (american) roads only. If you wish to have both the sandstone and the euro road textures installed, some little (and I really mean little) texturing work. Only one texture needs to be re-created, the basic road base texture (so that it's a sandstone sidewalk with euro road texture combination).

tvrcars

I have SC4 tools at a guess i have to use it to adjust the dat file of the sandstone road texture, the only being I have never used it before, dont know enough on how to do it. Can you give a few pointers on it please?

Petefromwhere

Greetings. I installed--in order--NAM32, the DAMN menu, RTMTv3.5, RTMTv3.6. I feel like I followed the instructions meticulously, but am now wondering if I went wrong somewhere and I don't know where to find the fix.  :-\

When I look at the Bus/Subway Station (Road) in the original Maxis menu the passenger capacity states 4000.
When I look at the Bus/Subway Station (Road) with the query tool after placement the max capacity states 12000.
When I look at the Bus/Subway Station (Road) in the DAMN menu the passenger capacity states 28000.

I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me if this is expected or, if it's not, what dat files/locations I need to focus on to remedy the discrepancies. I've double checked my work, but I don't think I have a deep enough understanding of how these files work to have the "aha" moment I need without outside help.  &idea

thebagleboy

It sounds to me that the descriptions in the maxis and DAMN menus have been updated with incorrect capacities. Trust the one the query tool gives you.

z

Quote from: Petefromwhere on March 05, 2014, 09:44:11 AM
I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me if this is expected...

Definitely not.  All three methods should yield the number 28,000.

Quote...or, if it's not, what dat files/locations I need to focus on to remedy the discrepancies. I've double checked my work, but I don't think I have a deep enough understanding of how these files work to have the "aha" moment I need without outside help.  &idea

The installation of the v3.60 upgrade is rather complex; in retrospect, it would have been better for us to wait until an installer was ready before releasing it.  In your situation, the discrepancy between the DAMN capacity and the actual station capacity comes from picking the High station capacity but picking a DAMN menu that ends in Low; you need to replace it with one that ends in High.  As for why you're getting that erroneous number in the Maxis menus, I don't know, but my guess is that you've got an extra file in there.  If you could post a list of the contents of your main RTMTV3 folder, that would help a lot in tracking this down.

Petefromwhere

Thank you very much for the reply. I went to the v3.6 Core Add-On Pack and re-copied the RTMT DAMN Menus High to the DAMN root. The original discrepancies remained. Then I tried using the RTMT DAMN Menus Low for comparison. Maxis menu showed 4000 (same), query tool showed 12000 (same), DAMN menu showed 8500 (changed as expected). I reverted back to RTMT DAMN Menus High.

Then, using your insight, I went back to the RTMT main with fresh eyes to look for the suspected extra file. I noticed the following:
RTMTV3_Stations_NAMCapacity_High.dat
RTMTV3_Stations_NAMCapacity_x5.dat
RTMTV3_StationsAGLR_NAMCapacity_High.dat
RTMTV3_StationsAGLR_NAMCapacity_x5.dat

I removed RTMTV3_Stations_NAMCapacity_x5.dat and RTMTV3_StationsAGLR_NAMCapacity_x5.dat. Started up the game again, and voila; maxis menu 28000, query tool 28000, DAMN menu 28000.

THANK YOU for the mod and for the support!

paul4763

I just downloaded the RTMT Interim T-Ram stops but it won't work. I've deleted them all except one.

I can see them in the menu but I can't click on them and so can't plop them. Is this a bug?