• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Discussion Board (PLEASE READ!)

Started by nedalezz, July 27, 2011, 03:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Yeah, thats fine - They'll fall under the luxury products bracket in terms of sales and import duty tax.

Your showroom will begin construction in Turn 15, and will be ready Turn 17 - meaning place your orders in Turn 16, and you will sell them in Turn 17 :)

nemanjanv7

Ok, but in order to decrease the confusion make the whole Davis' transaction ($102.500) in turn 15. Then I will start repaying the loan in turn 17.
Of course from then, both of us IMPORT goods to MAX ($25.000 each = $50.000). And this needs to be automatic. It's not our decision any more. When creating factbook, put it in the current turn's stats. I hope you can follow  :(

Oh, and please try to share the factbook that I sent you in my thread. Just to see if the same errors happen when converted in GoogleDocs. I think I'm gonna have to look for a better converter, but maybe you have more luck. BTW, if you have OFFICE 2010 (I have 2007), you have UPLOAD CENTER, you should try uploading there and then share...
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Hmh. I suggest you take a look at my factbook for linking businesses and personal incomes. You should transfer profits from business to characters incomes.
- I didn't receive anything from the partnership and I started repaying the loan. BTW, the name is "WD Agro Ltd." Please, change that.
- Adella loaned Nemanya those 6k in turn 15 and Nemanya used it for products. Adella should've gotten those 6k back in this turn and loaned all her money to Nemanya again (not only 6k), which Nemanya will invest in another set of products.
Adella will repeat this loaning until she gets 25k total. Then she will buy another parcel of land, but about that later.

Nemanya

nedalezz

1 - Forgot to add your profits from WD Agro Limited - already done!

2 - Didnt know about the loan repayments, just added that as well!

nemanjanv7

A  little something about tractor productivity  ;)
You know, you could add tractor maintenance (and even amortization) if you added on productivity. And as you can see, tractors do add a lot to productivity.

Quoted from Google answers

For those who don't know: 1 ACRE = 5754.64 sq. meters or translated to Nedalezz's SC4:
around 8X8 (more precise 7.585X7.585, but that's Simcity impossible)

BTW. Nedalezz, I've sent you PM

QuoteHow much did tractors increase productivity? "The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that it took 40-50 labor hours to produce 100 bushels of wheat on five acres with a gang plow, seeder, harrow, binder, thresher, wagons, and horses in the 1890s. By 1930, it took 15-20 labor hours to produce 100 bushels of wheat on 5 acres with a three-bottom gang plow, tractor, 10-foot tandem disk, harrow, 12-foot combine, and trucks." http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe20s/machines_01.htm

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Nemanya

nedalezz

The GeoThermal Plant is over capacity! The town needs a new plant, so I RPed it! Every development needs a reason behind it :)

benedict

While I do think the town is looking very green, as well as attractive, I do worry about the fact that there is no official park near the center of the city. I'm currently too poor to buy enough land to turn into a park, but perhaps the King can be persuaded to do something about it?
Click on the banner to celebrate!

nemanjanv7

Yeah, I also mentioned this a few turns ago. Unfortunately, we had that GT crises and air port is under construction. I think we'll have to wait a bit more :(

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

ADELLA: Since no one has applied for the corporation yet, Adella will buy another 2.500 sq meters of land next to the current land. Of course the corporation offer still stands. But first let's take that piece of land ;)

Nemanya

Deionn

Just asking, when will education become mandated? I think we should move forward to a mandated education system. :D

nedalezz

It seems awfully quiet here for the past few days :(

Alot of people havent been involved as well...how can we change that!

marsh

I haven't been involved in the forums at all much of lately, so... (well compared to my usual activity)

The only thing for me is I'm having trouble visualizing this as real life (It is an RPG :P) e.g: The climate is a desert yet has the architecture of colonial New England.

nedalezz

Well, I wish there was more arabian inspired architecture (we have a few buildings from Frogface, but thats about it!) Instead, visualize the island as settled by Europeans/New Englanders alongside indeginous nomadic Muslims!

nemanjanv7

Nedal,
How do you calculate reputation? Is it the same amount of points per turn for everyone?

Nemanya

nedalezz

Same points for everyone except government employees - they get double :)

nedalezz

Update should be up and running by tomorrow :)

nemanjanv7

Hmh, please check Adella's factbook (turns 17,18 and 19). I thing something is wrong with incomes and assets. I'm not sure you calculated the last 2.500 sqm of land. Take a look at the assets from the last 3 turns. They are the same even though she has acquired another 2.500sqm (it should now be around 175k not 150k). Now, I didn't calculate the income, so I'm not sure about that.

Nemanya

nedalezz

I mustve missed something on the decision board, because I thought she only had 150! Could you point it out to me and I'll rectify it :)

nemanjanv7

"$Deal"$ Ok, I think I found out the problem. In turn 17 I had 125 plots and 150.000 worth of capital. In turn 18 and 19 I had 150 plots but still around 150.000 (I think that in turn 17 you added the value of tractor but you didn't evaluate it turns 18 and 19). I guess that was the problem.

But still if I have 150 plots, then Base yield has to be around 30.000 (NOT only 25.000). And, again there should be tractor bonus for the 100 plots that have tractor.

So, it should be something like this:
100{plots} * 200 {$/plot} * 1.03 {tractor bonus} = 20.600 + [Damn, that tractor is almost useless :(]
50 {plots} * 200 {$/plot} = 10.000 =
NOT only 25.000

But, don't forget, that's only yield. That gets multiplied by ... hmh. I forgot. Was it 1.2 or 1.25???  ()what()

I hope you can see the problem now  &mmm .

And, btw, Can't wait for that airport and the new government building. nice update ;)

Nemanya