• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Discussion Board (PLEASE READ!)

Started by nedalezz, July 27, 2011, 03:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

You're right about the Tractor, made a mistake, its 3% :)

As I said about the Influence, it will be enacted soon, just figuring out the fairest way to distribute it.

What do you guys think about the Reputation points for Traders and Harvesters that nemanjanv7 is suggesting?

I had a similar idea, but instead of points, bonuses would come in form of products you can be to help your businesses (i.e: an accounting/POS system that would cost $10,000 per store, $1,000 licensing fee per store a turn, but would increase sales by 0.5%.) Obviously, this will be evolving as well, with new technologies coming out everyday and hordes of it available :)

The same could work for Harvesters, and it already is with the Tractor, which adds 3% in productivity.

NASCAR_Guy

Quote from: nedalezz on August 24, 2011, 08:12:34 AM
Everyone shares the same default settings - Age 22, Education Level: 0 :)

I know that IRL one would probably be educated, etc, but for the sake of this game and the way its set up (and the challenges set up), I thought that default setting would be most fair :)

my suggestion is that you ignore education on the first gens and start it withs the second generation
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

nedalezz

Some characters have already attended school and graduated! The High School has also been constructed, so starting next turn, those wishing to enroll in High School will be able to do so. The cost is $750 per turn for High School as opposed to $500 for Primary School, over 8 turns.

nemanjanv7

Primary school was 1.000 per turn, and I suggest only 4 turns in High school (as our children will go 8 turns in high school and 16 turns in primary school).
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

nedalezz

The reason Primary School was $1,000 per turn and only 8 turns was because I halved the time but added the extra cost - in actually, each turn costs $500 and it is 16 turns overall :)

nemanjanv7

Good then, you can also make HS $1.500 for 4 turns ;). For adults, of course

Nemanya

nedalezz

High School is remain the normal 8 turns for $750, simply because it shouldnt be much of a hassle to go over the 8 turns :)

University will also be 8 turns, although I havent decided the pricing yet (it will be, ofcourse, more expensive), and finally a PhD will be 4 turns.

nemanjanv7

Ok, fair enough. But as for university, Bachelors should be only 6 turns like in RL, Master +4 turns and further studies, not sure.

BTW. I've sent you a Beta version of FACTBOOk. Just found a mistake. Please go to BUSINESSINFO sheet and change the number in the worker/caretaker formulas (it should be number 5 not 4)

Nemanya

nedalezz

Yeah, I got it, thanks!

I'll go over it tomorrow and run a test update on it to get the feel of it :)

nemanjanv7

By tomorrow you'll have FactbookBeta1.1  ;)
With comments included and some more mistakes that I already found

BTW, can we talk about this factbook in the player factbook thread or will you open a new thread for  corrections, instructions, questions etc.

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Ned,
the fact that our hired workers enjoy the FULL rise of GDP/capita is both hurting our businesses and it's not totally realistic. As nor inflation hasn't been introduced, nor do farmers benefit from GDP rise, I'd suggest that only Real players enjoy full GDP rise. After all if GPD/capita actually is an AVERAGE value, there must be values below and values above. Recently a lot of people advanced in Education level and their salaries had increased (values above). Therefor, the GDP/capta rose because of such people. So there must be people below GDP/capita, eg. NPC workers (values below)

Please add workers 15-30% of GDP rise. I can easily add it in formulas. I am already working on even better Factbook. Learned from trial and error ;) .
My suggestion:
- caretakers 75% of GDP/capita
- shopkeepers (Traders' workers) 85% of GDP/capita
- fishermen 80% of GDP/per capita
- Real players (government empl.) 100% of GDP/capita

Please think about this. It would be much more realistic. And it's easy to add in formula's.

Here is example how it would be implemented in formulas:

Nemanya

nedalezz

I'll leave it up to the other players to decide if they see this fit :)

You raise alot of good points, but I want you to keep it mind that anyone who would be in charge of your business, realistically would be given a pretty good salary. I have made it a point to make this as realistic as possible, but we also have to make sure we dont make this a job. For example, I know for a fact that you cannot run even a 100 sq. meter showroom without additional help, but the more numbers we start to add, the more mundane and difficult this gets. Thats why I said let 1 employee (lets assume a manager of sorts) handle 500 sq. meters of space (realistic), and other employees we can place them under the General expenses of the company.

There are lots of people in Dunya, such as the farm help in the field, or the dock hands at the Port, or even the house help at all those houses in Treelane, that probably earn a lot less than the average GDP. But to keep up with all of them would be impossible.

So keep in mind, the people you place in charge of your boats, farms, stores, etc., they are your managers of sort. I think they its validated that they earn the GDP average :)

nemanjanv7

Nemanya

nedalezz

Ive played a little with the Factbook, and its looks great! There are a few things I would want to add/subtract, and a couple of issues I dont get yet (Im not an excel expert :( ), but in general, the set up is looking good :)

nemanjanv7

As I said, that was just a practice run for me. I am currently working on a much better one. It's more organized. Looks a lot nicer. And everyone will be able to understand it. It will include the last few turns, too. And when I am finished with that you will really have little thing to do.
I am doing this because I like the project, but I am aware that you have a lot of calculations to do yourself, and it's taking a lot of time for you, I'm sure.

BTW, did you understand how the banking system works? If yes, what do you thing. If not, tell me what you don't understand.

And in future, can we right about Factbooks in another topic? Can you make it?

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Ok, since this is actually discussion, I will reply on your topic here...

Basically, Dunya is now producing a decent amount of Fruits/Vegetables and Fish/Meat. This has to be reflected onto the local market somehow, driving down Life Necessity costs, at least a little bit.
-We currently produce 10% of the total necessity demand. I don't think it's time for lowering the prices yet. But necessity traders who sell local products MUST earn additional markup index bonus (Because they don't have transportation expenses. really we are in the middle of nowhere, according to your map :P )
2.The subject of services - those require an OFFICE, not a SHOWROOM  An Office can be bought in an office building, or have a building of offices.
Please explain this in more more detail. How does it work: What is the markup? Is it under TRADER profession? Expensess? 1x1 Construction cost?

Nemanya

nedalezz

Well, I havent gotten the full details figured out yet, but here are a few points:

1) Services will not operate under the Traders bracket - it will have its own bracket.

2) While traders need showrooms and stores, service companies will need to operate out of an OFFICE. The size of the office will be related to the max number of employees a company can employ, and the number of employees (manpower) will be one of the main factors in how much money the service company makes.

3) Unlike showrooms, offices can be rented out in office buildings, without having to rent out the building itself (or buy.) They will be calculated by plot basis as well, however.

4) I still need to work out start up costs, general expenses, and how income for service based companies will work, but I will finalize it soon :)

nemanjanv7

Nedalezz,- Ok, according to your answer, we will still not make office. We are gonna construct showroom and sell products. We still haven't decided, but the building can start constructions anyway, right? If it had started to construct in this turn (15), when exactly will it make first sales? Turn 17?

Nedalezz and Dave,
- I was thinking of opening a store which imports products for agriculture, as farms are gonna be in huge demand for many years to come (you mentioned that soil is quite fertile despite the sand). Name: "WD Agro Ltd."

Dave,
-Once more opportunities open up, you'll have your "Smells fishy business". Wait for offices.

Nemanya

nedalezz

So for the showroom that you will be opening up, what will it be importing?

nemanjanv7

Agriculture products: Chemical's, pesticides, farm sprinkles etc. Call it Agricultural Necessities or Agricultural products or however
Is that OK?

But since I only own 50%, Dave would have to confirm that, too.

Quote- I was thinking of opening a store which imports products for agriculture

Nemanya