• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

Well, I wish you all luck on those SPUI's. They're great for compact areas  :thumbsup:

Waiting for RHW v21, but take your time.

toxicpiano

A question:

Is it possible for puzzle pieces to have underground sections? Like if you were to have an underpass like marrast's would that be possible?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

gn_leugim

today when i was driving back home, i had an ideia.. will you make a MIS starter piece? like the RHW-4 ? :thumbsup: that would be usefull.. very ;)

Swamper77

Quote from: toxicpiano on June 02, 2008, 10:08:00 AM
A question:

Is it possible for puzzle pieces to have underground sections? Like if you were to have an underpass like marrast's would that be possible?

They are possible, but due to how puzzle pieces are modeled, the models will disappear into the ground where they extend underground.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

nerdly_dood

I know that there are a few methods on how to keep that from happening with GLR and elevated-rail to subway transitions, would they work with this?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

nerdly_dood

Oh yeah...ok that would probably have some kind of an effect, wouldn't it? :D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Swamper77

TE lots of transitions are done with lots and models that have custom LODs to allow the vehicles to be seen. TE lots also have textures on the lot itself, which is why the models don't get cut off by the ground. Puzzle pieces don't work like this.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

gn_leugim

rushman5

Here is a problem I am dealing with and am wondering if anyone has a quick fix, or maybe its gonna be in a future realease.  I want to put my MIS OVER my RHW.  Is that being considered or not so much?

Tarkus

gn_leugim, I had been planning on including a plain MIS starter piece in Version 21, along with an RHW-6 starter piece.

rushman5, that has definitely been thought about, and you'll more than likely see it in a future version.  In fact, with my old puzzle-piece-based prototype for the MIS from over a year ago (which I had to put aside for various reasons), I did have something just like that.

I did actually find the old file with those pieces on my HD a couple of weeks ago, and have begun refurbishing them . . .  ;)

The question is, how soon?  ::)

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Swamper77

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on June 02, 2008, 04:04:35 PM
How soon?
Hopefully very soon...  ;)

It will be done when it is done. Any further asking will result in the same answer.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

rushman5

Wow, can't believe my question was so close, yet never seen before.  That's kinda exciting.

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Swamper77 on June 02, 2008, 05:40:21 PM
It will be done when it is done. Any further asking will result in the same answer.

-Swamper

I figured. I can wait. I got plenty else to play with.  ()stsfd()
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

gn_leugim

hehe.. i just wished that i have enough time to play and bat\mod my self too  :-[ :bomb:

Shadow Assassin

More stuff added to RHW-2.

...and of course, I got my grubby little mitts on the new RHW bridge. :P I think Alex has shown some teasers of it a while ago... but here it is, fixed, AND with Euro textures.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Meastro444

you NAMmer's do know you sit next to god, dont you?

(dont take it offensive, its meant as a compliment!)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

JoeST

That is highly -STIMULATING-!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*passes out

Joe

Reworded to be more PG-8 LOL - JP
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms