• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Wow that's big I never realised it was that big! :o

QuoteSomething tells me that this will be even more modular than I thought, like there will be a starter piece for ...
...Adding lanes in the middle so we can make as big a highways as possible?? I wish there was, imagine RHW-20 and 30, ouch. ;D

sincitybaby

I think that with it modular you can have left-hand exits.

Great Job as usual!!!!!!!!   You have been quite busy!

nerdly_dood

@ Warrior: That's what I was trying to say - with separate starter pieces for the outer shoulders and the inner lanes and the ramp interfaces and all that...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Streetlight 725

RHW 10!!  :o :o
If you have a big city,It would be great!I think NYC have a 10 lane highway.5 on each side.I-95
Heres a map.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=40.837312&lon=-73.825379&zoom=18
It looks like a RHW 10 Lane too.

Pat

OMG WOW just simply to put it here thats just nut's Alex!!!! RHW 10 who would of dunk it??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

Streetlight725, I counted the lanes and I get 4 on each direction. 8 total. I bet you were counting the excel/ decel lanes for exits. I counted an area away from those exit lanes. Alex, RHW 10, you are really insane, but a genius. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

nerdly_dood

Umm, nope, that's 5 in each direction, 10 total, there are no accel/decel lanes...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Streetlight 725

sincitybaby

I believe Bakerton was referring to the link Streetlight 725 posted

I counted and on the link there is indeed only four lanes in either direction.

nerdly_dood

OH okay now i know what we're all talking about (at least until someone who hasn't seen it yet finds Tarkus' post on page 148)

Haljackey

Ah, so the RHW-10 is only 2 tiles wide?  That will easily replace the multi RHW-8s in my cities, being 2 tiles wide themselves.  An instant boost!

Great work (as always)!  Is the RHW-10 planned for the next release?

Best,
-Haljackey

nerdly_dood

I'd consider it 4 tiles wide, without a separating tile for a median, so that's 2 tiles per direction, I'd say. RHW-4 is my idea of 2 tiles wide.

JoeST

nerdly: LOL, are you reading "how to be pedantic?" hehehe :D

your logic does make sense, but it sounds like argument for argument sake, as most people could interpret it either way

but w/e, ontopic: the rhw10 looks awesome, thanks Alex

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on September 07, 2008, 04:41:07 PM
Great work (as always)!  Is the RHW-10 planned for the next release?

Maybe. ::) ()stsfd()

Glad to hear you guys like it.  More coming shortly . . . ;)

Quote from: Warrior on September 07, 2008, 08:14:56 AM
...Adding lanes in the middle so we can make as big a highways as possible?? I wish there was, imagine RHW-20 and 30, ouch. ;D

That reminds me of a prototype texture I did a way long time ago, when I first got involved with the project, which I believe only two people have seen.

That's an RHW-26, in case you were wondering.  And no, it will not be in RHW Version 21.  :D  (Or 22 or 23, or probably any other after that.)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

QuoteMore coming shortly . . .

Good, good....

JoeST

Would it not be possible to have a "middle" starter for the epic huge networks,

ie:

thats 2 tiles per direction, one for the inner (faster), one for the outer (slower) what about a 3or4 lane (dont know which, maths is hard at 1:30am) middle piece that can be placed between?

tho ofcourse, i have no use for these networks, just suggesting....

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Streetlight 725

RHW 26.That will be the largest highway in the game.How about RHW 36? :)

sim-al2

If you have cities that need RHW-26, you might need to consider your life priorities. :P The weaving on such a thing would be utterly devastating to most people.  ()what() Even on that RHW-10, it could be real challenging. (they should put the RHW-26 in a video game, with lots of traffic. That would be a real challenge ???)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")