• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

The A8/B27 interchange near Stuttgart/Germany has a three-lane-flyover as well, although the third lane is connected to another offramp. Originally, it was built as a large roundabout interchange, but due to the heavy traffic, the interchange has been rebuilt into a partial turbine/windmill interchange with some basketweave collector/distributor lanes in the vicinity.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Stuttgart,+Baden-W%C3%BCrttemberg,+Deutschland&t=k&ll=48.703169,9.169464&spn=0.010763,0.027788&z=16
Andreas

Jerommeke1701

MRTNLN:

Well, I am Dutch, So I have to choose a local example don't I ;)

LOL Andreas  :) I remember that one from when it wás a roundabout. Wasn't the original Raststätte Sturtgart located there too? (When the A8 was still a 2-lane Autobahn without hard shoulders)

Used to be on my route to the summer holidays. (Ah, the good old days, when I was young.......)

Hadrean2

A 2 Lane Flyover would be so great! I see them a lot around California

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: j-dub on August 16, 2010, 05:06:25 PM
Nexis4Jersey: I hope your only talking about the game on disc, and not your machine, otherwise all hope is Not lost, in case the disc is not available at stores, or if your B-day is too far, just this summer, they now sell SC4D digitally, you don't even need the disc, you just need an account, an ez to remember password, not to mention a $ card or something to replace it. All you need to do then is move your plugins folder to wherever the new SC4 is installed on your machine. It still is 19.99 though, but that is with Deluxe, otherwise they still sell regular SC4 without the D at stores for 9.99 However not needing the disc, you could potentially play SC4 on a whole new computer, its just you have to worry about plugins, they come, they get made and potentially, they go. If I can remember the URL, I talked about this on another section of the forum, where you can find more detail.
(someone feel free to edit if I can't)

Best of all; NAM, RHW, NWM, they all still work!

Its in October its now on the list with the Tripod present and my other 4 presents have been moved to Christmas.   I haven't played SC4 since April , and i was going to start playing it again.   I guess i'll just continue Rail Fanning which eats up all my spar time.

samerton

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 17, 2010, 09:45:13 AM
Well, if this helps any, it looks like the issue is with wealthing.
Quote from: mrtnrln on August 17, 2010, 10:20:37 AM
Ah, I see the problem: you build RHW in the middle of Medium and High Density zones. I noticed that the Euro TRM doesn't seem to handle that well. Try to avoid this from happening by leaving room on either side of the RHW. This also leaves room for:
- Signage
- Lights
- Noise barriers
- Future expansions for your RHW
Quote from: Tarkus on August 17, 2010, 09:53:36 AM
Judging by how they're showing up, it almost looks like you have pieces of an old 3.x series RHW release sitting in there in addition to some old Euro textures.

-Alex

Thanks!!

Moonraker0

For some reason I can't place the RHW-4 Lanes Shift in the area shown in this picture.  In fact, I am unable to place the puzzle piece anywhere along the east side of the city tile.  I have the latest NAM and RHW.

pierrebaptiste

Hello

Here is a bug that is interessant to corret , i'am ready to help if it is necessary to find a solution

Trafic Generator us usable only for road/avenue/ one way road (it is default maxis road)

Here is a picture of this bug

1 > Here 3 independantes lanes of RHW are under the texture of trafic generator , normaly it is RHW on the texture of trafic generator ( but the trafic it is okay)

2> On the 4 lanes independantes RHW it is okay but for the trafic it is not okay, the cars circulate in zigzagging between severals ways , it is not realistic
2b > (5 lanes independantes ) even problem like for 4 lanes , trafic zigzag

3> on the piece 2x3 lanes dependentes , no problem with texture but trafic zigzag again 
3b> on the piece 2x4 ways dependentes , texture it is okay but trafic zigzag again ...

Trafic generator is a very good mod but , the bug like on the pictures should be corrected

May be there is a mod against the zigzag of trafic ?

For the future it is interessant to build a piece for RHW with trafic generator like there :

- 2x1 ways
- 2 ways independentes
- 3 ways independentes
- 4 ways independentes
- 5 ways independentes
- 2x3 ways  dependentes

Blue Lightning

The zigzagging is required for the RHW to work properly, otherwise there's no way to spread the traffic between tiles. And also, the zigzagging only occurs (for the most part) with traffic generator traffic, but not with standard simulator traffic. As for item 1, that's because of how the game z-buffers a 0m model with a lot texture. The only reason why it doesnt affect the 8C is because I had lifted the model up 0.1m..
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

kabal223

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 19, 2010, 12:07:04 PM
The zigzagging is required for the RHW to work properly, otherwise there's no way to spread the traffic between tiles.

Oh, ¿are there others side effects if I delete the zigzag paths?, I will delete them in my custom paths.

Andreas

If you modify the paths, the RHW will not work properly anymore.
Andreas

Tarkus

Quote from: Moonraker0 on August 19, 2010, 07:21:35 AM
For some reason I can't place the RHW-4 Lanes Shift in the area shown in this picture.  In fact, I am unable to place the puzzle piece anywhere along the east side of the city tile.  I have the latest NAM and RHW.

It appears that the issue you're facing is the same thing that was affecting the Wider RHW Neighbor Connectors on the east side of the city tile.  It actually seems to be an issue with the game itself, unfortunately, which restricts the rotation of multi-tile puzzle pieces immediately adjacent to the east side of a city tile.  It even affects Maxis pieces.

I was able to fix the Wider RHW NCs because they were 1x2 pieces--I just re-oriented them so the single-tile part was going vertically instead of horizontally. The RHW-4 Lane Shift/S-Curve is a 5x2, so reorienting it would just shift the problem 90 degrees (in addition to making everyone rebuild every single Lane Shift piece they've ever placed).  The only way to make that connection right now is to use the sharper draggable connection.

Quote from: kabal223 on August 19, 2010, 02:25:13 PM
Oh, ¿are there others side effects if I delete the zigzag paths?, I will delete them in my custom paths.

Quote from: Andreas on August 19, 2010, 02:29:59 PM
If you modify the paths, the RHW will not work properly anymore.

Andreas is correct.  Without the crossovers, no cars will use the outer lanes at all, as there will be absolutely no way to access them.  It'll basically turn the RHW-10 into an oversized RHW-4. Just don't use traffic generators on Wider RHWs.

-Alex

kabal223

pierrebaptiste

Thanks for this information  :thumbsup:

PS : Where I can propose my help for the RHW an join the RHW team ?

citybuilderx

I would like to suggest the following pieces for a future release:

EMIS over MIS FARHW
EMIS over RHW4 FARHW
ERHW4 over MIS FARHW
ERHW4 over RHW4 MIS

It would also be good to see FLEXFLY work RHW8,10 and diagonal networks

Keep up the good work!
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

MandelSoft

^^ I think it's going to be very hard to make puzzle pieces over FARHW, since they are all 3x2 large, so that would deliver at least 3 overpasses for each elevated network AND each underlying network. That would make 12 pieces in total, if you only count FARxOrth overpasses.

The FLEXfly over RHW-8 and 10 however is in that perspective a lot easier. I think that's quite possible in the future...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Blue Lightning

I have solutions for both... the FLEXFly one is obvious, just finish the models, paths, and the RUL code. For FARHW x RHW... just wait... and its not a puzzle based solution ;)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 21, 2010, 05:29:13 AM
For FARHW x RHW... just wait... and its not a puzzle based solution ;)

Let me take a wild guess,...

WAVERide.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

santoan

Tarkus

Quote from: santoan on August 21, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
Why does the file is corrupted?

I just attempted downloading it myself off both the LEX and the STEX at ST.  Neither one came out corrupted for me--it may be a connection issue.

-Alex

jdenm8

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 21, 2010, 05:29:13 AM
I have solutions for both... the FLEXFly one is obvious, just finish the models, paths, and the RUL code. For FARHW x RHW... just wait... and its not a puzzle based solution ;)

Hm... I'm gonna mirror GDO29Anagram and ask WAVEride? I've thought for a while WAVEride would make all the puzzle-based networks a billion times better. Plop it piece by piece, but it acts like a draggable. That would difficult, but awesome, cull a LOT of the tab loops and just make the NAM easier to work with all round. I don't know if it'd be possible, but it'd be awesome to have it.
Imagine, just a single straight road overpass piece that works for every one of the SC4 transit networks? Building a rail viaduct system and just draging all the roads and such straight under? Building transit under those High ElRail and High Monorail transitions?
Awesome. So much is (theoretically) possible.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley