• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EsoEs

I hope this is the right place.. Im having a little trouble with some RHW connections, not the functionality but rather the presentation.  I've seen pictures (namely in the interchange guide) of very clean looking intersections, where the highway doesn't lose its look, but, for example, when I go to create RHW intersections, I lose the fluidity of the model.  Heres an example..

notice the MIS ramp to the intersection, as well as the cross direction stuff.  Im trying to recreate this:

but mine is so ugly :((

Blue Lightning

You're trying to use RHW as OWR - it doesn't work that way.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

EsoEs

Quote from: Blue Lightning on November 18, 2011, 12:49:59 PM
You're trying to use RHW as OWR - it doesn't work that way.

what is OWR?

Edit: Ohhh, hes using one way roads for that segment, understood :)

ivo_su

EsoEs

Ok very cool, my other question is how does he achieve the details seen on the on/off ramps, the white lines are very pretty :D

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: EsoEs on November 18, 2011, 01:15:13 PM
Ok very cool, my other question is how does he achieve the details seen on the on/off ramps, the white lines are very pretty :D

Quote from: io_bg on November 18, 2011, 01:26:55 PM
RHW Euro textures mod ;)

Specifically, Euro textures that have something called "Chevrons", if those are the lines you're referring to.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Any idea if something like this will work?

(Road T and + intersections with diagonal RHW-4.)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Haljackey on November 18, 2011, 01:48:13 PM
Any idea if something like this will work?

The T-part should work. The paths connect together, even though the textures don't.
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 18, 2011, 01:28:48 PM
Quote from: EsoEs on November 18, 2011, 01:15:13 PM

Quote from: io_bg on November 18, 2011, 01:26:55 PM
RHW Euro textures mod ;)

Specifically, Euro textures that have something called "Chevrons", if those are the lines you're referring to.
Actually, that's the old version. I'm working on a new version, compatible with the RHW v5.0.

Hey, did I spot my picture there? :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

thornyjohny

Quote from: thornyjohny on November 17, 2011, 03:43:14 AM

I've just built a cloverleaf with ERHW-6S, and the description of my ERHW-6S on-ramps and off-ramps are in reverse, the on-ramp (according to the yellow and white lines) is labelled as the off-ramp, and vice-versa. In UDI, the police car I was driving dropped down to ground level, off the on-ramp, and suddenly changed directions at the off-ramp. I drive on the left, and it looks like a problem with the LHD plugin.
Come on, NAM Team, isn't this a glitch?

jdenm8

It's more that the LTEXTs weren't put in the LHD pack and swapped over. It's a small thing attributable to human error and isn't obstructing my (I play LHD and am the only person in the NAM Team that does) enjoyment and isn't preventing something from functioning in the correct way.

EDIT: I may as well post this now as nobody's noticed it yet... In one of my most recent posts, I left an easter egg regarding a little project of mine designed to complement the RHW. Have fun finding it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Skins

Quote from: jdenm8 on November 21, 2011, 02:42:30 AM
nobody's noticed it yet... In one of my most recent posts, I left an easter egg regarding a little project of mine designed to complement the RHW. Have fun finding it.

Haha, just because no one posted about it doesn't mean it went unnoticed small text is evil ;) Can't wait to see more!

EDIT: looking at it more, is it a cosmetic mod? Reminds me very much of Sydney.

Ramona Brie

I finally found the image. What really intrigues me is the street overpass at the edge of the picture. Is it a version of the Urban Highway Mod?

Haljackey

I have a request.

Is there any way we can bring back the two-tiled RHW 6S? With the one-tiled version we can't really place anything on the tile to the right since the network overhangs a bit into that tile. Thus props as simple as open grass areas can show instead of the shoulder which makes it look very odd. This may depend on your terrain and graphics card as well.

With a two-tile RHW 6S, we can have wealth textures fill that mostly open second tile, which gives it a much better looking appearance. Again this is an aesthetic thing and I don't want to get rid of the one-tile version, but it would be something nice to have.

Even some puzzle pieces would be nice if a drag-method is too difficult to bring back. While no wealth textures can appear on puzzle pieces, perhaps adding the texture from the open grass ped mall on the second tile for example would be a decent workaround.

Seem plausible?
-Ryan (Haljackey)

Swordmaster

Quote from: Haljackey on November 25, 2011, 10:40:01 AM
I have a request.

Is there any way we can bring back the two-tiled RHW 6S? With the one-tiled version we can't really place anything on the tile to the right since the network overhangs a bit into that tile. Thus props as simple as open grass areas can show instead of the shoulder which makes it look very odd. This may depend on your terrain and graphics card as well.

With a two-tile RHW 6S, we can have wealth textures fill that mostly open second tile, which gives it a much better looking appearance. Again this is an aesthetic thing and I don't want to get rid of the one-tile version, but it would be something nice to have.

Even some puzzle pieces would be nice if a drag-method is too difficult to bring back. While no wealth textures can appear on puzzle pieces, perhaps adding the texture from the open grass ped mall on the second tile for example would be a decent workaround.

Seem plausible?
-Ryan (Haljackey)

Wouldn't it be more logical to develop a different texture mod to that end, since that is effectively the problem? Folks who want a smaller shoulder, or no shoulder at all, could use that, then. Aren't there already enough different networks? Adding another one would increase the number of connections, puzzle pieces, etc... that have to be modded in, while the problem is essentially one of textures.

noahclem

I have a request.

Seem plausible?
-Ryan (Haljackey)

Selecting a terrain mod with a "greenness" similar to what you want from those park pieces, combined with using MMP trees instead of lot-based ones, would really be the best solution I believe. This would also avoid abrubt changes from the RHW's wealthification texture to the park texture, especially on diagonals where the zig-zag pattern stands out a bit more. Try out Simfox's trees--they're beautiful and easy to place, and are also large so you don't have to plop any more trees than you would have to plop lots now. Girafe's new set of trees is (imho) even better, seasonal, and HD but are a bit more of a hassle to work with.

STEX is down, Simfox tree link to be edited in later.

To me at least, single-tile RHW-6S was a massive and extremely useful development. I can't say enough how much I appreciate it and I would be very sad to lose it.

GDO29Anagram

Is there any way we can bring back the two-tiled RHW 6S?

That would require bringing back something that has been long deactivated: The two-tile 6S starter configuration, and I'm sure by now that functionality has been removed from the controller.

There is another way to get around that issue: Raise the S3D overhangs by a hair, and I know that tactic was used for the NWM diagonals.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Rionescu

Another possible solution would be to create parks that include the shoulder of the RHW-6S on them as part of the texture. This way, even when the park shows through, it's the same texture so it wouldn't be (too) noticeable. This wouldn't be a terrible amount of work for someone with knowledge of lotting and textures, and it has the advantage that you wouldn't have to wait for a new NAM/RHW which, from what I gather, isn't coming until after Project 0E is done.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Rionescu on November 25, 2011, 01:31:34 PM
Another possible solution would be to create parks that include the shoulder of the RHW-6S on them as part of the texture.

That's actually what I did at one time. The problem is with custom thrid-party lots...
<INACTIVE>
-----