• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Thank you Matt! :) It's really gorgeous :)  &apls &apls &apls :bnn:
I'm sorry, shame on me, but seeing these beauties I'm getting greedier and greedier...  :(  &mmm &mmm &mmm
With the upcoming pack, could you release a building model or prop just with the platform (it could be both side open), without the main building, so lotters putting the platforms next to each other could make really big oldstyle Terminii stations... However (more greediness) I would be happy with a saparate prop/model of the main building as well, because that is also is a very good-looking building, and could be useful in other situations too... :)

Ahhh...  I stop it! Sorry-sorry...

Anyhow thanks in advance to make these stations what you already showed us! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Krasner

So nice, so far  ::) There's an elevated small terminus station that look like quite the same in my town  ;D

Maybe I'm asking for too much and that I'll be the annoying guy popping in the creative shot you seem to experience currently  :D But do you plan to make a version of the Ibis hotel with no traffic going through ? (Indeed, this loveable hotel may be easy to hijack in-game, without modification, simply hidding the holes in the side façades...)

Also I've noted that IRL, as two-tracks terminus stations do exist, it's quite common that there are more than two tracks even in really small stations, because this type of situation put strong constraints on the traffic operations. Therefore multiple side tracks help to solve these issues. But that's a detail really. Your work is already amazing, the way you do it  $%Grinno$%
ANARCHIST !!

art128

Ooh, elevated terminal station are kind of a rarity on the exchanges... Nice!

I agree with Tyberius06, a prop for the platform would be a very good addition, if it isn't too much work of course. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Unconstantean

Oh man it's like Christmas all over again :)))

Alan_Waters

I suspect that this package of lots will give us a holiday. :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

c.p.

These all look fantastic :thumbsup:

I can't believe how many great buildings you've made in the past several months :o

Andreas

Heh, actually, I had the same in mind as Krasner, that hotel station is too good not to have as a "normal" growable hotel BAT indeed. I also agree about the terminus station. those might benefit from additional platforms alright. It would be nice to have at least one modern terminus station, too - even though planners try to avoid using them these days. But there's always some important place on the map where you can't continue the high speed line, so those stations can come in handy at such places.
Andreas

reddonquixote

Can't believe how quickly you're pumping these gems out... great work  &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Seaman

Quote from: Tyberius06 on January 08, 2018, 01:55:53 AM
I'm sorry, shame on me, but seeing these beauties I'm getting greedier and greedier...  :(  &mmm &mmm &mmm
Anyhow thanks in advance to make these stations what you already showed us! :)

same here. It's getting to be a lecture of contemplation!  :D

Quote from: reddonquixote on January 09, 2018, 05:10:26 AM
Can't believe how quickly you're pumping these gems out... great work  &apls &apls &apls

Yes! Seemingly, I cannot leave this thread for a couple of days without missing some big moves!  :o

eggman121

These stations are... well  $%Grinno$%

I can't thank enough for all the effort you have put into these ;)

-eggman121

mattb325

Thanks guys...eggman121..did you do the 7.5m rail? If so, thankyou, I really love it. If not, thankyou to whomever was responsible. Aesthetically at this height it opens up so many more possibilities. :bnn:

Something a little more Neo-classical:

As for some of the requests, these have been answered on preceding pages. For the others, when the BSC was active (RIP), we were always encouraged to play the game. So, I'll leave you with this picture of the elevated rail network (and you can replace this with the 15m viaduct, HSR, monorail, el-rail, it doesn't matter which elevated network, the effect is the same) which should give a fair indication of my thinking and which station types you may see from me (apart from those I've already indicated that I'll make):

Andreas

Ah, the Brandenburg Gate station, eh? :) Hardly a surprise that I like this one quite a bit!

The pictures of your rail switch experiments are a little cryptic, looking forward to the results of your pondering, though.
Andreas

WannGLondon

Matt,

I have been nothing but a lurker for the longest time now in regards to the community, but your BAT-ing sir has overwhelmed me and inspired me to comment and give you accolades. Your talent is truly astonishing. You inspire me to continue creating great cities and your BATs dot each and every single one of them.

Thank you for all that you do.

(Maybe this will be a good return from my hiatus  :P )
Call me Warren.

matias93

Simply fabulous!! One can even imagine the interior distribution, the materials, the architectural details...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

Thanks guys! I've made the Neo-classical one L2 compatible:

And added an HSR (or L2) terminus. It's one of those modern hybrid station/shopping mall things that you see around (although this building is strictly fictional).

reddonquixote

Eek.. so ugly! Love it  :D :D  :thumbsup:

The neo-classical one is gorgeous  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

art128

That's modern for sure alright. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

QuoteThanks guys...eggman121..did you do the 7.5m rail? If so, thankyou, I really love it. If not, thankyou to whomever was responsible. Aesthetically at this height it opens up so many more possibilities.

Thanks mattb325 for the appreciation  ()flower()

I did alot of the coding for the ERRW L1 Level. Swordmaster did the initial coding and I filled in the Gaps. Some of the setups demonstrated are indeed hard to make without the models. I do know how to make the Rail Viaduct pieces now. A special thanks to Vester should also be given for the minicurve ERRW pieces. The ERRW was a real team effort  ;)

Moving to your work however... I am so glad to see you make new stations and elevated at that! The work you are doing is just plain awesome. I can't wait to see them in some CJs

Keep up the great work  ;D

If you ever need a hand with the modding side of things I will be more than pleased to help  ;)

-eggman121

Andreas

Rather "ugly" alright - but quite fitting for HSR. which is in the same "eyesore" category as many other modern structures. Our cities need something like that for sure, though. :thumbsup:
Andreas

Alan_Waters

Just awesome. More words I can not find.  :thumbsup: