• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Looking spectacular regardless of what you interpret as "small" as in leaps an bounds and true "spaghetti" interchanges look so promising. 

Thank so much for sharing and all the truly hard work the entire NAM team has completed thus far.

mattb325

This looks awesome!  :thumbsup: I shudder to think of the coding involved  ::)

PaPa-J

These are outstanding!  Thanks for the teaser.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on March 22, 2019, 10:17:37 PM
Wow, this really turned into a surprisingly educational discussion about the availability and variation of Mountain Dew in various countries. :thumbsup:  :D

And if we can get it to work right (it's been very fragile--have been trying to include it since the infamous NAM 31 release, and it worked with RHWx Build 01, but somehow broke down again with Build 02):

-Alex

Unfortunately I couldn't find a "Love It!!!!" button, so I just clicked "Like".

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on March 22, 2019, 10:17:37 PM

I guess I could use this in place of a basket weave interchange. I change paid a visit to the DFW area. I cannot believe how many basket weaves they use! There is a new one on US 75 at 15th in Plano. SH121 has exploded in growth since I lived up there. Now there is this new basket weave down here in Round Rock I-35 crossing McNeil, where both the entrance and exit are elevated.

Bipin

I can't believe after all these years, the NAM is still a thing. I've been out of the community for years and kept busy with other ways to pass the time, but major kudos to everyone who's kept the torch alive for this 15-year old game. Still lookin' good as ever!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(Those smooth double-decker ERHW curves are a great touch, by the way)!

dyoungyn

Even much more importantly is the "Stack" crossing over one another is ABSOLUTELY remarkable which is a feat of it's self in every regard.  This something players have been dreaming of for years. 

BusyBee

I'm having a problem with a bunch of text in the plop box and can't see the piece I want to lay. Is there a way to fix this???

Tarkus

Addressing that would require that we re-write all the tooltip text items, to shorten them such that they don't occupy as much space.  We kind of got carried away with some newer items, trying to convey as much information as possible, and head off questions about how to use certain items, but arguably introduced a new problem in the process, and one that is magnified if one is playing the game on a lower resolution. 

The installer/architecture change that we're having to do for NAM 37 (indeed, one of many reasons there still isn't a NAM 37) looks as if it will entail some rather drastic changes to the RHW's menu system, and will require us to re-write the tooltips, anyway, so that concern will be addressed.

-Alex

b22rian

Alex,

I have not logged in here for awhile..
Indeed i did not even realize devotion was back online until Tibi Just told me in NAM discord chat just now.. ()sad()

On  a more positive note , I would like to thank you once again for staying with all this and our small community  :thumbsup:

And i will try to check in more often now and be a little more active on behalf of both RTMT and NAM teams my good friend ..

Regards, Brian

roadgeek

Last I heard NAM 37 is waiting on changes to the installer, IIRC. I am a programmer who has built installers in one of my prior positions I have held. I can't promise anything, but I would like to take a look at it. Where should I go?

roadgeek

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 24, 2019, 10:26:39 AM
Even much more importantly is the "Stack" crossing over one another is ABSOLUTELY remarkable which is a feat of it's self in every regard.  This something players have been dreaming of for years.
On top of that, FlexFLY will work with L3 and L4!

Tarkus

Quote from: roadgeek on January 21, 2020, 02:01:14 PM
Last I heard NAM 37 is waiting on changes to the installer, IIRC. I am a programmer who has built installers in one of my prior positions I have held. I can't promise anything, but I would like to take a look at it. Where should I go?

Thanks for the offer!  I think (at least at the moment--we'll quickly learn once we have a "release candidate" out to the public), the installer itself is actually alright--it's the file architecture of the stuff going into it that's been the problem, coupled with pretty much no time to make the requisite fixes (and probably none for a few more weeks).  RL's been very busy--very good in many regards, but very busy.

Quote from: roadgeek on January 24, 2020, 06:40:22 PM
On top of that, FlexFLY will work with L3 and L4!

The 3-Level Crossing functionality unfortunately proved to be too fragile to include in the release track, at least in its current form.  It would pretty much need to be recoded from scratch, and that's not at all an easy feat.  Suffice to say, it won't be in NAM 37.

The L3 and L4 FLEXFly are still absolutely 100% on track, however.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on January 24, 2020, 10:42:42 PM
RL's been very busy--very good in many regards, but very busy.

Let me guess, You getting married!

The 3-Level Crossing functionality unfortunately proved to be too fragile to include in the release track, at least in its current form.  It would pretty much need to be recoded from scratch, and that's not at all an easy feat.  Suffice to say, it won't be in NAM 37.

The L3 and L4 FLEXFly are still absolutely 100% on track, however.

-Alex

Oh if only I could figure out how to do recoding! L3 and L3 FLEXFlys, is definitely drool worthy!

Tarkus

Quote from: roadgeek on January 27, 2020, 02:17:38 PM
RL's been very busy--very good in many regards, but very busy.

Let me guess, You getting married!

A lot of good career stuff has been happening for me the past month or two . . . though I have to admit that there may be certain . . . other RL developments that may also be happening (though in a much, much earlier state than what you've described).

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on January 27, 2020, 06:46:39 PM
A lot of good career stuff has been happening for me the past month or two . . . though I have to admit that there may be certain . . . other RL developments that may also be happening (though in a much, much earlier state than what you've described).

-Alex

Well feel free to share!

roadgeek

I am just curious to know how much RL has been affected by Covid-19.

EDIT: Can we start a thread for that, or has one already been started?

I'll tell you mine. it's kind of funny. I lost my job, and got transferred to another organization within the company, so I got rehired back.

roadgeek

I see we now have NAM38, but it unfortunately doesn't look like this made the cut. Fingers crossed for NAM39.

Tarkus

Quote from: roadgeek on September 08, 2020, 02:38:34 PM

I see we now have NAM38, but it unfortunately doesn't look like this made the cut. Fingers crossed for NAM39.

It won't be in NAM 39, either.  It's extremely complicated and fragile code that needs to be rebuilt from scratch--and I'm considering if that's even the best implementation for that sort of feature.  Additionally, stack-type interchanges are already possible with the current RHW codebase (and have been since even before the big "Mark IV" upgrade that came in NAM 37), so this isn't a necessary component.  As such, it's pretty far down the priority list at the moment.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on September 08, 2020, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: roadgeek on September 08, 2020, 02:38:34 PM

It won't be in NAM 39, either.  It's extremely complicated and fragile code that needs to be rebuilt from scratch--and I'm considering if that's even the best implementation for that sort of feature.  Additionally, stack-type interchanges are already possible with the current RHW codebase (and have been since even before the big "Mark IV" upgrade that came in NAM 37), so this isn't a necessary component.  As such, it's pretty far down the priority list at the moment.

-Alex

It might be nice to have one or two preferably wider base  (RHW-6C or 8C) as a puzzle piece for the time being. &idea

Has the Flex Fly been modded to accommodate X Diag RHW, to date?