• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

This is such a nice city you're showing off here, I've been following it quietly for a long while, should have posted before. In this last update I really like the park area by the water in the second and third picture and of course it's very flattering and fun to see my BATs here too. :)

Dantes

You present again fantastic pictures. My favorite is your fourth picture. Especially the garage with the green car is a great detail.   :)

Great work.  &apls &apls &apls

Ol.S / Benoit

This park looks fantastic, great work ! :)
And congratz for the rewards, HoF MD and BTT of the year, a great year for Siiljoki ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Jmouse

Congratulations, Noah. What an impressive and well-deserved pair of accomplishments! You already know how I feel about your night shots, and these newest ones are no exception. The next-to-last one is my favorite, but the ones with the balloon in them look really good, too.

Schulmanator

Great new pix! Always glad to see new stuff here.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Framly

Great Update Noah :thumbsup:

The path looks great - very detailed :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Thanks to everyone for helping make November such an exciting month for Siilijoki! I'm hugely honored to be joining the Hall of Fame as well as receiving the BTT+10 #1 position for the year. I'm also very grateful for 114 replies in November. The encouragement is awesome!

For today I need to get back to you all with replies and I've included a panorama at the bottom (conveniently located next to the scroll bar) of the shoreline of Ranua.

Quote from: art128 on November 19, 2012, 11:51:32 AM
Two damn fine shots, Noah! The first one is splendid. Though, it woudln't have hurt to photoshop add some people on that pedestrian bridge! ;)
Thanks a lot Arthur and great idea for the pedestrian bridge  :thumbsup:

Quote from: apeguy on November 19, 2012, 12:11:11 PM
A great choice of HD buildings, all you need now is for someone to make some HD median props. The previous update was excellent, you made very good use of prefab blocks, and I like how the highway winds around the city, and I like the abandoned rail cars between the apartment blocks, a nice touch. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work! ;D
Thanks a lot apeguy! HD median props would be awesome and I'm hoping to take a closer look at T21ing stuff soon. I don't feel like this area will be really "done" unless I get rid of those annoying details. Glad you liked Madison  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 19, 2012, 12:30:58 PM
Nice HD teaser!looking forward to see Rauma in the next update :thumbsup:
cheers
Gugu3 (Guglielmo ;))
Thanks a lot Guglielmo  :)  Hope you're continuing to enjoy Ranua  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kj3400 on November 19, 2012, 12:38:53 PM
Simply a work of art. Not a thing out of place. It's a masterpiece....and I'm babbling on :P
but really, really great job.
Wow, thanks for the kind words! They are truly appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: wallasey on November 19, 2012, 12:42:57 PM
Flawless updates once again!

I really like you use of residential high rises in the previous update and the highway hugging the riverside. Looked very realistic!
Thanks a lot! Those highrises and winding highway were really fun to put together  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Kergelen on November 19, 2012, 01:43:36 PM
The previous update is awesome &apls
As always great loyaout of roads, RHW and buildings.
Thanks very much Kergelen!

Quote from: sunv123 on November 19, 2012, 01:58:58 PM
NOOOO!! I have missed all of those past updates. :'( >:( :angrymore: :bomb:%bur2$ Taking a deep breath. /wrrd%&

Great job with that teaser pic, can't wait to see what Rauma will turn out like. :) It really has been wonderful following Siilijoki this month, and it has been one of the best.

Uhhh, Cheers?

sunv123
Thanks for the kind words! No worries on missing updates, I've been pretty fast lately anyway  ;)  Really glad you've enjoyed the month and it's been great having you around  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Dantes on November 19, 2012, 02:12:20 PM
The teaser has succeeded.  :thumbsup: I like the modern building at the crossroads. They look very well together. The pedestrian bridge is a great idea for modern buildings.  &apls &apls &apls
Glad you are teased  ;D  Glad you like the area, it's a bit more Japanese-inspired  &nj

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 19, 2012, 04:26:11 PM
Quote from: noahclem on November 19, 2012, 11:43:49 AMThanks so much to everyone that's supported me during my 4-in-1 OSITM week

No, thank you for making it a memorable ride! That was a lot of fun. . .

Great intersection! But I'm not sure about the night view. Looks like a shadow issue with the trees. Or is that just me? The zoom 6 thing usually works out quite well for you, except I always tend to notice the Maxis trees at that level. Have you thought of a replacement mod?

And that ped bridge again :D  I'm wondering whether this one is really necessary. So close to that intersection, it's a little weird in my view. Why climb all the stairs when there's traffic lights nearby? Though it could of course have been a government bungle. I know those city halls. . .  Sorry for being a harsh critic time and again.  :-[

And I'd be happy to consult you on that rail depot, or anything rail related for that matter ;)   Although like I said before, there's not much left for me to correct!

Anyway, I never consider your teasers to be real "teasers". So much to say and think about in such a few images - this shows why you're in the HoF after all.

Cheers
Willy
Well, thanks again buddy! We've already chatted about the maxis trees and plops and hopefully something can be figured out. As for the pedestrian bridge, whether or not they wanted to climb the stairs may well depend on the color of the traffic light--though I must admit part of why it put it there was just to use another HD item  ::)  Anyway, your constructive criticism is very welcome and I'm glad you like my "teasers" so much since I seem to do a lot of them  ;)

Quote from: Yan077 on November 25, 2012, 09:46:16 AM
Late, but not too late welcome to the HoF  :P
I missed a lot of new excellent updates ! Excellent work  &apls  &apls
Thanks Yann! It's an honor to join Corsica in the HoF  :)

Quote from: rambuckel on November 25, 2012, 03:04:27 PM
Very promising teaser ... I'm really looking forward to the update!
Thanks a lot Theresa  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Jmouse on November 25, 2012, 03:52:32 PM
Even your little teaser photos are magnificent compositions, Noah. The first one makes me feel like I'm standing on a high-rise balcony and looking down at the city. That's something an acrophobic like me would never do in RL. Naturally, the second photo is my favorite with the bright city lights glowing. For some reason, it made me think of Simon and Garfunkel's hit song "The Sound of Silence."

Looking forward to the big update...
-Joan

Thanks a lot Joan! Acrophobic? I suppose you won't be wanting the hot air balloon ride I've reserved for you (shown most recent update) then? ;)  Good song  :thumbsup:

Quote from: io_bg on November 26, 2012, 02:16:12 AM
Some great close-ups, the last update is no exception to the rule either. Can't wait to see more  ;D
Thanks Ioan, I'm honored to be joining your great MD Pirgos in the HoF  :thumbsup:

Quote from: nas-t on November 26, 2012, 06:23:19 AM
Great teaser!  &apls
I'm curious what you show us next!
Thanks a lot and I hope you enjoy  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Kergelen on November 26, 2012, 11:25:21 PM
Nice MMP park. Fits very good with PAENG park. The interchange at night looks very realistic &apls
I see we both like PAENG's work  ;D  Thanks a lot and I'm glad you liked the interchange!

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 27, 2012, 02:24:22 AM
Nice Noah!it's a pity you're having problems with a city tile! :'(I love your region!!!!! &aplsnice work on the area of Rauma!
Thanks again! Hopefully everything resolves itself but it's not completely the end of the world if it doesn't. Glad you love the region and it's here to stay, even if I have a problem in one place  :thumbsup:

Quote from: benedict on November 27, 2012, 05:29:04 AM
The night shots are very impressive.

More impressive is that you are number 1 for the year on BTT, congratulations!

What an honor Ben! Thanks again for everything and fantastic job last month  &apls

Quote from: rambuckel on November 27, 2012, 07:04:15 AM
All those honors are well deserved, Noah! Congratulations on the 1st place in benedict's ranking!

Great pictures again so far. I'm looking forward to the coming scenes. The shoreline is really really beautiful. I with I could go for a walk there!
Thanks very much Theresa! You're welcome to have a walk on the shoreline in the panorama today  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 27, 2012, 07:37:31 AM
Quote from: noahclemLest anyone fear I should start slacking after receiving my recent laurels...

Yes, don't you start slacking! >:(

(That's really a funny comment seeing how no one would mind if you took a breather).

That second picture is wonderful. What are the fares to take such a balloon ride? Or is it member-restricted?

I really wonder what causes you so much trouble. It would be good to figure out exactly what it is before starting new cities. . . Does it crash on opening? Crash when running the simulator? Have you run some tests on it like dezoning everything and such? Do you have backups that can help you figure it out?

Cheers
Willy
Hehe, I've taken your advice and gotten lazy. Balloon rides are pretty pricey but free rides are an additional perk of being a NUT. Thanks for your troubleshooting with my tile problem  :thumbsup:   As mentioned, I have a pretty good system of backups though I need to try your technique to make it better.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on November 27, 2012, 09:14:20 AM

Awesome shots Noah!! :thumbsup:

I'd like to view the first and last pictures by day. ;)

For the problem of Igelstadt, you can try to make a copy of city file, start the game, obliterate the tile, exit to desktop, reload the game and the tile. A couple of time this procedure has resolved my situation.
Thanks! Great idea for the tile. I'll give it a try  :thumbsup:

Quote from: sunv123 on November 27, 2012, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: noahclemLest anyone fear I should start slacking after receiving my recent laurels...

Who said that? ()what() &sly(But i don't want you to do that either)

Great teaser, love how you made the hot air balloon look like it's on the ground. or is it? ;)
Thanks! I'll try not to relax too much  ::)  The hot air balloon is in the air, an animation generated by a lot Badsim shared in his MD  :thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on November 28, 2012, 08:27:42 AM
WOW, great work Noah.
First MD HoF and now you are number one for the year. 
Both are excellent achievements!!

Robin &apls
Thank you very much Robin! I'm certainly honored  :)

Quote from: antn on November 28, 2012, 11:55:47 AM
This is such a nice city you're showing off here, I've been following it quietly for a long while, should have posted before. In this last update I really like the park area by the water in the second and third picture and of course it's very flattering and fun to see my BATs here too. :)
Great to hear from you and welcome to Siilijoki  :thumbsup:  I'm a big fan of your BATs so thank you very much for making those pics possible. Glad you enjoyed the park and all!
[/quote]

Quote from: Dantes on November 29, 2012, 04:34:50 AM
You present again fantastic pictures. My favorite is your fourth picture. Especially the garage with the green car is a great detail.   :)

Great work.  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks a lot! Glad you liked the suburbs--I use all Mattb325's houses and then just let those areas grow after having enough education, jobs, etc so he did most of the work there  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on November 29, 2012, 09:05:46 AM
This park looks fantastic, great work ! :)
And congratz for the rewards, HoF MD and BTT of the year, a great year for Siiljoki ! :)
Thanks for the congrats and it's been great to have you around as part of Siilijoki's great year. Med Inspirations is always an inspiration  &apls

Quote from: Jmouse on November 29, 2012, 03:40:32 PM
Congratulations, Noah. What an impressive and well-deserved pair of accomplishments! You already know how I feel about your night shots, and these newest ones are no exception. The next-to-last one is my favorite, but the ones with the balloon in them look really good, too.

Thanks so much Joan!! Siilijoki would not have gotten to this point with out you and it is very much appreciated  :sunny:  Glad I'm keeping these pics interesting  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Schulmanator on November 29, 2012, 06:28:40 PM
Great new pix! Always glad to see new stuff here.  :satisfied:
Thank you very much  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Framly on November 30, 2012, 01:06:57 PM
Great Update Noah :thumbsup:

The path looks great - very detailed :)
Thanks Framly--any compliment from you about details is a big compliment indeed  :)

FINALLY THE PANORAMA! RANUA'S WEST BANK
Click to enlarge

Gugu3

Amazing picture!!!I like the layout of the river park :thumbsup:and the use of diagonal buildings too &apls
just a question...apart from paeng's beautiful park set (I got it too ;)) which set did you use just near the river?(I mean the grey pavement)it seems to interact perfectly with paeng's one...I like it!
cheers
Guglielmo

art128

Wonderful panorama Noah! That park along the river is nicely done. One thing though, I'm not a fan of the large school you've made out of two same buildings. However, I really like what you did with the diagonal buildings along the avenue, where behind them are houses.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rambuckel

I've benn waiting for your next update quite impatiently ... this is increadibly beautiful! That was worth waiting!!!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Swordmaster

I need three widescreens for this ;D  Of course, this is a magnificent picture. I just have one gripe: you plopped those parks without seawater, then brought it back. Nice trick, but the downside is the grass grows into the river, even underwater. I think you need some rocks there, or cattails or whatever.

Cheers
Willy

metarvo

I like the way the avenue divides the suburban-style homes from the tenement buildings.  Keep up the good work, Noah.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nbvc

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

Looks nice, are those ducks on the waterfront? ;D

Do I see another hot air balloon? ;)

edit: Seems like you have 2999 posts right now. :D
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Jmouse

Your panorama is amazing, Noah. So much to see. I like the park just to the right of the avenue. The only thing I would question is the CS structures near the roundabout. In RL it would pose a hopelessly-dangerous situation for motorists, but in the game, the area would look bare without the buildings there. I guess this is one of many cases in which we have to remember, "this is just a game."

Now I'm left to wonder how many in-game hours it took to create an area suitable to show in this context...
-Joan

vortext

This might just be the best waterfront park I've seen yet!  &apls

Really well put together Noah, especially the mmp paths right at the shoreline. I'm gonna nick that for sure.  ;D

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

benedict

Great panorama (and thanks for leaving it down near the scroll bar - much appreciated!).

Nice to see your MD in its new home, and I really enjoyed reading your HoF interview.

Edit: congratulations, Siilijoki was number one on BTT for the week ending November 29!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

wallasey

A belated well done for attaining Number 1 with Bens Top 100! Hands down a deserved winner, the panorama is a testament to your great work.

I get issues with corrupt saves, normally a quick jiggle about in the Terraformer program helps solve a few issues...although not always.

noahclem

It's a very busy time of year for both me and Hugo, my reindeer friend. We're both very excited for the season and hope you enjoy a couple Christmas pictures  ;)

Greetings from Santa's workshop

Merry Christmas from Finland :)

Replies will follow shortly but I can tell you today that I very much appreciate your comments. That's particularly true for the last update and I'd prefer to give deserving answers later than rushed answers tonight. I hope you all have a fantastic holiday season and to quote my FB caption for the last picture: What more can I add? Spread love, get fat, remember a fond event of seasons past, and enjoy a refreshing and/or warming beverage(s). All the best to you and yours!