• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

Nice work. Of course, I'm dying to get AVE-6 in my cities (I have one where I allotted the ROW for exactly that) largely because AVE-6 is the bread and butter (along with TLA-5) of most Phoenix roads.

dedgren

I'll be headed out into the Alaska wild (Lake Louise State Recreation Site Campground) until Monday.  Allegedly there is wi-fi service, but we'll see.  I should be back in any event with a bunch more TTR and other RAM textures along with what should be some great fall in Alaska pics.  I'm continuing to get the final kinks out of releasing the first collaboration quads, as well, so if you are interested in getting one and are not on the list, please let me know.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

It's too bad that the fall colors are going to be inferior this year where I'm at because of the 100-year drought.  So, I suppose the Alaska pics will do nicely this year.  Since you're working on thinner rails, I guess we will not only see the new TTR, but improved STR and DTR as well.  I'm looking forward to it.  ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Badsim

Hi David ,

So glad to see there your return . And thank you once more for all these « sine qua non » improvements you're or accomplishing , or eliciting and , finally , incarnating better than no one else . Would like to have your affluence & ease ( Is there any nuance ? )  in your language .

To follow attentively , no need to tell it ...  ;)

Cédric..

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Rady

Hi,

just stumbled over the 3RR thread (well, actually I have downloaded quite some eyecandy stuff that has been created for the 3RR, but never took a closer look to this thread) and randomly browsed the updates, and i have to say: I'm impressed by what has been created here! Immideately bookmarked it now ...

Congratulations on your work!

&apls

This will surely give a boost of ideas and techniques for my MD!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

FrankU

Hi David!

Today, somewhere between 5 PM and 8 PM Central European Time we passed the 800.000th view! Congratulations!

Three Rivers Region is the longest thread ever seen in SimCity life (as far as I know) and certainly one of the most elaborate and siurprising one. I hope you will have time and energy to go on with it for some time.

&apls  &apls  &apls  ()flower()

dedgren

Wow! Just wow!

The great comments just keep coming in, and I feel like a resident of

during my unexpected bout of RL this week (briefing and a case that should have settled but didn't, so a trial that shouldn't have gone).  I do think the 3RR odometer might have caught the 800,000th view- I'll check back in after I get a chance to take a look.  Weekend's looking good, in any event.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

j-dub

Oh, that's real? I did not even see that one coming. Although, I wonder if it would of been different if it was spelt as Jaq Cass instead. That's more or less offensive then:
http://jeremya.com/files/photos/Travel/Trip_to_Hell/Hooker_Rd.jpg

Alternate angle: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/97/234647021_59bf07e419.jpg

Ramona Brie

Looks too squared-on, but it IS Clearview.

That said, Clearview signs are becoming the AZ standard. One of the first ones went up in 2008 when they redid the interchange by my house (it's on a sign gantry next to an older sign — I noticed the type difference). Since then they've been appearing everywhere.

threestooges

Well, at least it hasn't left you

You know we'll be ready when you're back. Hope all goes well with the legal work.
-Matt

j-dub

I guess its either the creeks or

During Summer:

Or during Winter: http://mackers-world.com/images/gallery/hell/hell_roadsign.jpg

(HD shot from another angle) http://www.ufofreebandclub.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/41708144.jpg

dedgren

Speaking of signs...

Ryan (Ryan B.) is the Signmeister for 3RRDOT, and an all-around talented guy.  Here's to you, my friend!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Ryan B.

David, thank you for that.  It was a great day - I was able to celebrate with my girlfriend and several other good friends here in Buffalo.

While yesterday was a cause for celebration - we must all pause and remember what happened ten years ago.  I can't believe it's only been ten years.  The horrors of 9/11/01 are still fresh in my mind.  I very nearly teared up when I saw 2 commercials during the football games yesterday:  the kids singing "Empire State of Mind" in front of FDNY firemen, and the Budweiser commercial featuring the Clydesdales crossing the Brooklyn Bridge & bowing their heads in respect.

I'm really looking forward to this year - my 24th year on this planet Earth is going to be the greatest yet!  See what I mean?

Swordmaster

Hi David, fantastic thread going here, it will take quite some time for me to get through all of it!

I'm also very fond of those railway textures there, great work. As a matter of fact I work on the railroad, so you figure! I wouldn't have caught the wrong switches, though  ;)

dedgren

Tomorrow is Dave's Day [linkie].  NAM 30 is out.

Who knows what else might happen?

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

threestooges

Welcome home David. Hope the trip went well, and you know we're always watching.

dedgren

Well, that didn't go like I thought it would.

Here I thought I had the day to, err... do something here and I woke up to being taken out to breakfast and then leaf peeping by Heather and Jon and Liz.  So I'm home now, but we're grilling some chicken.

Excuses, excuses, I know.  But I am now about eight hours behind where I'd planned to be.  So here's a couple of Alaska fall foliage pics to tide you over, and after dinner I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to all who've sent birthday wishes, here and on facebook.  It's been a really nice day, and you all have been a part of that.  Thank you.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Badsim

Better late than never David ,  but , regarding your superb fall pictures from Alaska and my current SC4 work , sometimes the happenstance give us an occasion for a nice rendez-vous :

I was playing with Lowkee33's latest MMPS ( C.P.TreesVol01) , my additional work having been just to resize larch trees half their original sizes ( waiting for Girafe's ones ) ... That picture , just for you : 3RR is the perfect place to post it right now .  :)

Cheers !

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

threestooges

It's Dave's Day, you owe no apologies for how you spend your time. Glad to hear the day went well.

j-dub

Wait, was that shot taken in game? I have never seen water run down like that  ???