• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VIP - Delecto's Experimental Lab

Started by Delecto, October 21, 2009, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bap

Welcome back to business, Delecto!

The Montevideo building looks great; I also agree that the textures look a bit too bright, although I would prefer to say they look too clean/new. Perhaps making them a bit greyish (as air pollution and continued exposure to sun, wind and rain would turn it) would make it a bit more realistic?

I like the Pearl set of buildings a lot, specially the diagonals. Would you consider expanding those diagonal BATs to incorporate the grounds into the model so one could plop the building as a self-contained lot in a diagonal street/road?

BTW, that seems an interesting way to ensure you will have a place to seat next time you go to the park ...  :-\

Andreas

I agree with what the others said about the textures, and I also think you could scale it up a little. It looks good next to the hospital, but compared to the school (and the W2W buildings), it's a bit too small. Since there seems to be some room left on a 3x2 lot, this should work out.
Andreas

Girafe

Good to see you back Delecto

Agree with the others for time   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Delecto

Well, it's been a while since I haven't come here. ()sad()
Still my damn job that takes me too much time, but the season ends slowly and I will be able to return to all these projects.
I work on the textures of my BATs at this time, no updates right now because I am not satisfied with the result   &mmm  but you can expect a massive update soon.  ::)

Reinstalled 3DSMAX on my laptop to work a little during my long trips.

I was in Berlin for one month and started two drafts of a project close to my heart, real challange for me but I hope to do well.

Holocaust_Monument_Berlin

Long Long way to go...  :-[  the difficulty is that the ground isn't flat, it's difficult to find a way to make it properly.

Jewish_Museum_Berlin

This one, it's been a long time I want to give it a try. Brilliant piece of architecture.

See you soon...

Delecto / Samuel

PS: How the hell do you resize a picture here?  ()what()

I resized your pics for you, have a look at the code I used. Robin  ;)

MandelSoft

Quote from: Delecto on September 22, 2011, 07:41:00 AM
PS: How the hell do you resize a picture here?  ()what()
Like this:
[img width=#NumberOfPixels]YourImageURLhere[/img]

So if you take your image for instance, the code will look like this.
[img width=400]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8817/jewishmuseumberlin01.jpg[/img]

The result:

When you click on it, the image apprears in it's full size.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Girafe

Promising projects Delecto and what about the former BATs  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

art128

Promising, yes! Glad to see you back my friend :) I can't wait to see more of the Jewish Museum!

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Excellent projects in perspective! ;) &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Delecto

@mrtnrln: Thanks for the tips Maarten!  :thumbsup:

@Girafe: Merci mon ami, the former BATs will follow soon.  :P

@Aaron: Thanks my friend, more to come.  ;)

@art128: Merci Arthur, it will be very hard!  ::)

@Scirius: Salut Guillaume & thanks for the comment.  ;)

The Bat the most advanced is The Blox, but I find it a bit sterile.  &mmm  I have to add lots of little things on the balcony to give him life.
A quick preview.

More to come!

art128

It is looking great. I like the roof texture a lot, just need some roof junk etc.

Props & Texture Catalog

Delecto

Found an interesting plan that will allow me to progress with the Grand Kamellia.  ::)

See you soon.

Sam.

Girafe

ahah, you know I really like this kind of buildings.  ::)
They integrated well in the game and we need more  ;D

ps: why you didn't try to go on the LEX with your previous buildings, they are so beautiful and deserve to be there  ;)
The Floraler

Delecto

ps: why you didn't try to go on the LEX with your previous buildings, they are so beautiful and deserve to be there  ;)
[/quote]

Humm... because to bring something on the LEX you must use the PIMX, which hasn't been done for the Pearl Lots!  $%Grinno$% Considering the number of file to edit I renounced for the moment. &mmm

Abelia, my old model is back with a little work on the textures (those of the windows are poor and provisional). In fact they are all provisional. What do you think?

I found a picture of the project finally realized and I must say that the orange color is very, very orange, in terms of saturation.  :D Unsure that I go in a direction so radical.  ???

PS: A small orange test, you prefer A or B?

All comments and constructive criticism are welcome!  ::)

see you soon... SAMUEL.

Simcitler

First of all great work on those buildings. I also like your Pearl apartements a lot.

@Abelia
I would prefer Orange B. As the building looks qiuet new, the color should be "strong". Are you planning different color versions?
Will you add some terrace and roof junk as well?

~Simcitler

Girafe

This last building looks promising. Smaller than Kamelia and surely simpler to integrate in the game.

This orange color is not common for many of us. For this reason I would choice the version A even if the version B seems to be nearer to the realistic building.
The Floraler

Flatron

I think you should take B, because it's a very new building and should look like that.

io_bg

Quote from: Delecto on September 27, 2011, 06:15:30 PMPS: A small orange test, you prefer A or B?
Great to see you continuing your older projects, Samuel! As for the colour of the Abelia... maybe I like A a bit more but whichever version you choose it will still be nice :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November