• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

I truly understand your frustration and dis-appointment of failed hardware. 

I have converted all my internal and external hard drives to SSD's as there are no moving parts that IDE drives are known to fail after so many read/write. 

I am have also learned the HARD WAY to constantly back up my data as I ABSOLUTELY HATE to re-do hard work previously completed. 

All I can say is hang in there, if the CIA/FBI and other agencies are able to pull data from burnt or destroyed hardware then I am sure your data is able to be recovered.

kelis

• Update #9 || Ikoma Town - A quick view •

##############################################################################

• Hello everyone, today we are going to visit another place. Today is the time to visit Ikoma. Ikoma is a small town located in the west part of the Prefecture. It is a dormitory city located across the Yanagawa River. Ikoma is one of the residential and industrial neighborhoods of the city of Nissin ( We will visit it in the future )  •

• Almost all of its territory is residential, Ikoma is a quiet place to live, its citizens grow rice or work in the nearby industries of Nissin. Life here is calm and slow, Ikoma is one of the farthest villages from the center of Tokyu, the capital of the prefecture •

• Small wooden houses and rice paddies, the most common sight here in Ikoma. The city is located on the banks of the Yanagawa River that flows into the Saitama Bay. The river feeds all the rice fields and gives life to this whole area •

• The Taikobashi temple is located in Ikoma. This is a small temple dedicated to the divine figure of literature and research. This small temple is famous throughout the prefecture and a mandatory visit for all citizens •

• Here you can see how the modern and the old are always united in Japan. Temples and trains, two symbols of our culture •

• Tranquility is something important for the inhabitants of Ikoma, in this image you can appreciate a quiet night in this small city •

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Beautiful update! So nice to see you're still doing sc4 work now and then, always loved your Japanese cities. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Nice to see that you're back too! ;) I really like how detailed your work is, looks so realistic! For me, Japaneese is a very exotic landscape, but with your work it's easier to imagine it :)

Also, every picture with trains is cool  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

manga rivotra

6 delicious pictures, as always.  &apls &apls &apls
I love your inimitable style: you don't just reproduce as realistically as possible cities or landscapes, you manage to actually highlight them in the manner of a photographer, with sobriety and taste.
It's always a pleasure to watch, thank you!  :thumbsup:

kelis

• Update #10 || P O S T C A R D S  from  I K O M A - Japan •

•  Hello everyone, today I want to share with you a special update. It is a collection of postcards from the city of Ikoma. I would like to do this with many cities of the Prefecture, I hope you like this idea •

# A small residential area in Ikoma.

# JR Ikoma station, located in the north of the city.

# One of the symbols of the city, Saitama's water towers .

# Some of the buildings in the city.

# Train stations are the heart of the cities in Japan.

# We always have trains in Saitama...

# Taikobashi temple /  It is always a pleasure to visit it .

# Writing a postcard from one of Saitama's trains is always a good idea...

# To finish this update, I would like to share this album with all of you. Thanks for your visit.

art128 -
Actually I love to spent my free time playing SC4 again, I hope you can visit my japanese cities every time amigo  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7 - Thanks my friend, here you got more trains,  ;D

manga rivotra - Thanks for that kind comment !! I am a big fan of photography and maybe that's the reason that I always try to create cool scenes... anyway sometimes is hard in SC4 but I always try to create cool and diferrent stuff, just like todays update...

BTW I invite you to visit my other pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mokingbird

Unconstantean Thanks  :thumbsup:

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Sublime postcards! You always manage to capture the essence of Japan really well.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Unconstantean

Simmer2

Really nice!

ファンタスティック Kelis-san  &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Beautiful images! So organic, so nice, so creative! Thanks for sharing these!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Badsim

I always have been fond of your style , immediately recognizable with its own colors palette and details level ... :thumbsup:  maybe too clean and neat sometimes , but to reproduce a urban environment profusion and structure breaks is almost impossible , at least did I personally have never been completely satisfied with my own urban work ( reason why I rather choose rural environment ...  ::) ) . Or Japanese are really strict people !  &Thk/(

Great and inspiring work , however ... the Japanese style at its finest .

&apls &apls &apls

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Akallan

The images of the rural villages with the fields next to them are simply breathtaking. I'm not a big fan of Asian town planning, but you do amazing things! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1