• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Make sure that the .jar file (NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version41.jar) and the 4GB Patch (4gb_patch.exe) are in the same directory as the .bat file when you're running it.  If they are, parts of the process won't happen.  Additionally, make sure you have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed, as not having it installed will prevent the actual installer from running.  There's an AdoptOpenJDK distribution of the Windows 64-bit version of the JRE included in the NAM download, which is compatible with the NAM installer, so you don't need to go looking for one to download.

-Alex

jeffryfisher

Quote from: jprono on July 13, 2021, 08:43:36 AM
I can get it to tell me the 4gb patch is installed ...
It's not enough to install the 4GB "patch"; you must run it too. Perhaps it would be better to call it a patcher, because it patches executable program files.

After running it on the SC4 executable (and maybe other legacy programs), you can set it aside. You might need it again if you ever reinstall, or if you install on a different machine.
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

AsimPika3172

Elevated RHW with LHD (UK) is now showing YELLOW LINES (for USA) instead for WHITE LINES (for UK)

I loves Sim City forever!

Tarkus

This one was reported over at ST already--in fact, I believe you were one of the people requesting a fix over there, and Flann already provided one in that thread.

-Alex

bnsf611

The paths following the diagonal MIS/AVE intersection are reversed. Removing the OWR intersection on the other side did not fix the issue.

Tarkus

Quote from: bnsf611 on August 11, 2021, 09:00:25 PM
The paths following the diagonal MIS/AVE intersection are reversed. Removing the OWR intersection on the other side did not fix the issue.

McDuell caught that the other day--it's probably been around since those intersections were added (sometime around NAM 31, I want to say).  It'll be fixed for NAM 42.

-Alex

roadgeek

roadgeek

Quote from: pieman102 on April 08, 2021, 09:13:37 AM
Does anyone know how I can make this not look like this? Not a big fan of the little space there between the RHW and the FAR pieces. I tried flattening out the terrain but that didn't seem to help.

I have encountered the same issue, and I don't think that we will see a fix, until the Flex-FARHW comes along, which unfortunately won't be in NAM42, and I kinda doubt it will be in NAM43. The problem is, the RUL-2 code simply isn't there, and it would be virtually impossible to make it work with a puzzle piece, and as long as we are putting any puzzle piece enhancements to R.I.P. (I don't think it would do any good anyhow), there won't be a fix on that end to align with the RHW.

flann

Tarkus

Regarding that 6S ramp interface issue . . . there's been diagonal FLEXRamps for the 6S since NAM 40 (which was released a week before the OP).  Since the OP is basically just using the Diagonal Type C1 and FAMIS to connect to a plain diagonal MIS, there's no reason to use the C1 anymore--you can just use the diagonal B1 FLEXRamp, which supports the 6S.  It's a much easier solution, and it's going to look nicer. 

Eventually, FLEX FARHW and FLEXRamps for the FA-based ramp interfaces (C1, F1, C2, F2, C3, F3) will be developed, but we're still some time off from that, and they're not necessary to build this particular setup, in any case.

I'll also add . . . old-style puzzle pieces are fully static, RUL0-based items.  They can't interact with RUL2 overrides in any way, shape, or form.  We could throw millions of lines of RUL2 at this thing and it wouldn't budge.  That's why we've been phasing them out, and have effectively placed a moratorium on adding any new puzzle pieces.  They're inflexible, they interfere with draggable override network behavior, and they clog up the menus. 

There's some new FLEX-based features we're going to unveil soon for NAM 42, which make it plainly obvious how awful the old puzzle pieces actually are/were.  By my calculations, the 6 new FLEX Pieces to which I am referring effectively deprecate or prevent the future need for a total of 271 standard RUL0 puzzle piece definitions.  That means, on average, each individual FLEX Piece in this expansion can cover the functionality of 45 puzzle pieces.

-Alex

GMT

I might be a release or two late to the party, but we don't have slip lanes no more, right? ()what()

... really, it is. I swear.

Tarkus

Slip Lanes are still very much part of the NAM.  We like them and use them ourselves, plus we'd be roasted alive if we got rid of them.  Not to mention they've been expanded in recent types.

The old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs) system, which first introduced Slip Lanes to the NAM back with NAM 28 in May 2010, was rendered completely obsolete with the debut of the FLEX Turn Lanes (FTLs) in NAM 36, 4 years ago.  The FTLs include a draggable method of building Slip Lanes, which has many more capabilities than the old puzzle piece-based system:

More about the FTLs and the NAM's current turn lane functionality can be seen in the NAM Documentation's Turn Lanes Feature Guide.  Note that the TuLEPs remain available, and are installed under the default options, but can be deselected if one wishes to save menu occupancy.

-Alex

GMT

Quote from: Tarkus on August 27, 2021, 02:42:47 AM
Slip Lanes are still very much part of the NAM.  We like them and use them ourselves, plus we'd be roasted alive if we got rid of them.  Not to mention they've been expanded in recent types.

The old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs) system, which first introduced Slip Lanes to the NAM back with NAM 28 in May 2010, was rendered completely obsolete with the debut of the FLEX Turn Lanes (FTLs) in NAM 36, 4 years ago.  The FTLs include a draggable method of building Slip Lanes, which has many more capabilities than the old puzzle piece-based system:

More about the FTLs and the NAM's current turn lane functionality can be seen in the NAM Documentation's Turn Lanes Feature Guide.  Note that the TuLEPs remain available, and are installed under the default options, but can be deselected if one wishes to save menu occupancy.

-Alex

oohhh... seems I missed the owr part in the manual. thanks for making me read carefully again  :bnn: :thumbsup:

... really, it is. I swear.

AsimPika3172

FTL Quick Turn was buggy!!! Used NAM 42! Showed YELLOW LINES (for USA)! Should used WHITE LINES (for UK)...

Tarkus

That looks like an installation error/Plugins folder issue.  Nothing about the EU FTL textures has changed since the file architecture revamp from NAM 37.  Look for an extra copy of "NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Flexible.dat" somewhere in your Plugins folder.

-Alex

Henry Crun

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on September 11, 2021, 07:43:42 PM
FTL Quick Turn was buggy!!! Used NAM 42! Showed YELLOW LINES (for USA)! Should used WHITE LINES (for UK)...

Might you have mgb/rsc204's TGN mod? I had this and found he has released a patch for EU textures. Click here for the Simtropolis post containing the patch.

--
Dave

AsimPika3172

OK! I just removed mgb TGN mod because of some buggy and rsc204 will working it for LHD users. Right now, is OK and nothing happen on NAM itself.  I will install TGN back after rsc204 update it.  :thumbsup:

mgb204

You don't need to remove the entire TGN mod, the only affected file seems to be in:

z____MGB Mods\G - TGN\1 - Maxis & Basic NAM

TGN FTL - EU.dat

Due to an error in my script, these files all ended up with the US textures. If you are using the SV version of TGN, the patch Henry Crun mentions gives a working EU replacement of this file. If not, simply tell me which version you are using and I'll happily upload a fix. To update the mod on the exchanges is a big task, so may not happen for a while.

Just to add, I've verified no issues with the actual NAM textures, the correct EU ones are present.

AsimPika3172

OK!  :thumbsup: Just stay with TGN (I just move the folder into other place for safe mode if any problems) and get the patch until next version comes out soon!

roadgeek

Found an issue with OWR L1 ERD DxD AVE L1 ERD....This was an attempt at a workaround for the non-existent L1 Diag OST AVE ERDs, but it didn't really work out.