• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional Seaports - Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, June 13, 2008, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua43214

Quote from: Unassigned on September 17, 2011, 01:41:58 AM
PEG_CDK--IND_205.dat is a dependency for MrTruesages' seaport.

As issues have been reported with this file, is there a version where these issues are addressed? If not, please give a pointer as to how I could fix it myself.

The issuees I'm aware of are possible prop pox and empty lots problems.

PS: Download link for this file  in Cleanitol_SDP_3.1---4. GetTruesageDependencies.txt yields the SimPeg4 front page.

TBK, only the PEG BDK resources dat (number 1 iirc) has been confirmed to cause prop pox. You are safe using the cdk-ind resources. I understand your nervouseness with using anything from there after following the whole debacle over the lot. I know I had one city using peg docks and warehouses that matured to over 700k sims, so I am sure it crossed the file size at some point that triggers prop pox. I had no issue. If my memory serves me, it was isolated to a single maxis umbrella that was used as a timed prop that caused the issue. For sure there is also another source of the problem, but I have not heard any one isolating it. Most likely it is an older lot that has either been updated or lost.

I have never had a simpeg lot grow on its own. provided the lot is not immortal, this is not a big deal anyway

Simmer2

Hello everyone.
I'm having a hard time with the Maxis seaport after installing  BSC Functional Seaports 3.1
I have had the BSC seaport 3.1 for a while now and have used almost all the seaports with no problems at all, however 3 days ago I wanted to try my luck with the Maxis version and noticed that after the first upgrade i was not able to query the lot.
I tried to demolish it but it has now unfortunately become "immortal: *sigh*.
I saved the game and exited it and then I tried to re-enter the city in question but it now crashes to desktop every time I do so.
All other cities in the region load with no problems (none of them have the Maxis port)
Please help.

Dan.
________________________________________________________________________________

jmyers2043

About the only thing I can recommend is to reinstall Seaports 3.1 to insure the enabler is in place. I have the Xports in my game but admit that I've never plopped the Maxis version since.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Lowkee33

Hi Simmer2,

I tried to replicate your issue, but alas, I could not.  My X-Ports folder has:

-BSC Functional Seaports, Version 3.1.dat
-v3_Enable Maxis Seaport.dat
-v3_Enable Custom Seaport #2_b5c0c502.dat
-X-Ports Automatic Upgrade.dat

I built the Maxis Seaport, waited for it go get to stage 2, save/quit.  Then I removed the enabler and the main BSC functional Seaport Files.  Upon re-entering the city, not only was the seaport still queriable, but it was still functional and upgraded again.

What was your process exactly, what other functional seaports are in your city, and do you perhaps have the PEG functional seaport mod?

Simmer2

Quote from: Lowkee33 on December 29, 2011, 12:05:18 PM
Hi Simmer2,

I tried to replicate your issue, but alas, I could not.  My X-Ports folder has:

-BSC Functional Seaports, Version 3.1.dat
-v3_Enable Maxis Seaport.dat
-v3_Enable Custom Seaport #2_b5c0c502.dat
-X-Ports Automatic Upgrade.dat

I built the Maxis Seaport, waited for it go get to stage 2, save/quit.  Then I removed the enabler and the main BSC functional Seaport Files.  Upon re-entering the city, not only was the seaport still queriable, but it was still functional and upgraded again.

What was your process exactly, what other functional seaports are in your city, and do you perhaps have the PEG functional seaport mod?

Sorry for the late reply.
Those files you listed are in my X-Ports folder.
However I haven't been able to fix the situation therefore I deleted the city and rebuilt it from scratch again (sigh).
I will never use the Maxis port nor the Truesage version again.

Thank you all for trying to help me.

SC 4ever!!
________________________________________________________________________________

whatevermind

In my own testing of the Functional Seaports 3.1, I've found the Maxis Seaport to be extremely buggy.  I haven't seen either of the problems you describe, but there are tons of graphic problems that seem to kick in once it starts upgrading.  Best suggestion I have is to simply avoid using the Maxis Seaport, especially when there are so many other great seaports in the set.

The Mr. Truesage seaport does have a few graphics issues, but they seem to mostly be overlapping props, and you have to look close to notice them.  Still, it's also one I'd generally recommend against using unless you're desperate to see boats wandering your waterways, in which case this is the far better choice than the Maxis Seaport.

Grneyes

I'm having trouble with the SNM port, it always plops with the ships on the land and the roads in the water, no matter which way I have the arrow pointing. Does it re-orient itself at some point?

whatevermind

@Grneyes: No, you just have to plop it in the right direction.  If you have a road where the road should be, it should automatically orient itself, or at least stay pointing the right direction once you rotate it.  If you're not sure how far in the road needs to be, you can always plop it backwards, place the road, demolish the seaport, then when you go to replop it, it should snap to the road.  Also make sure the entire lot is being plopped on land, it's not meant to be placed on both land and water, and if you try placing it on land and water that can cause it to rotate weird.

MvrnShkr

I am now having a similar problem as Simmer2. I recently installed and started using BSC seaports. Twice now, I've built BRT seawalls along with a BSC seaport without demolishing the Maxis seaport first. Then I saved. Now, when I try to reopen, I get an immediate CTD. I deleted the city the first time around as it wasn't very big, but now I have done it to one of my favorites.

Any ideas on how to resolve this without being able to bulldoze anything in the city?

TYIA

whatevermind

@MvrnShkr, as far as I know, the common cause of a CTD with seaports is having multiple seaport controllers in your plugins.  Make sure you look through the file Cleanitol_SDP_3.1---3. RemoveConflicts.txt, included in the zip file for the BSC Functional Seaports, and make sure you do not have any of the files listed there in your plugins.  If you do find one of those files in your plugins, delete it, and see if that fixes the problem.

Also, if you were previously using a different controller, but forgot to bulldoze the seaports you built using that controller before you deleted it, that could be causing the problem.  I can't say for sure if this applies This should not apply to the default controller that comes with SC4, I might look into this one, so cities that have the Maxis Seaport built without any seaport mods installed should still work fine with the BSC Functional Seaports installed.

I've used the Maxis Seaport (BSC FS version) in the same city as other seaports, and had them cycle through several successful upgrades without crashing anything, so it is possible.

phipo

Hi guys,

my BSC seaports are not working. I have all my dependancies and i can't find any similar topic on the forum. My PEG containers are working but nothing happens in my BSC seaport. Any1 has an idea how to enable my seaport?

jmyers2043

Quote from: phipo on October 19, 2012, 01:33:29 PM
Hi guys,

my BSC seaports are not working. I have all my dependancies and i can't find any similar topic on the forum. My PEG containers are working but nothing happens in my BSC seaport. Any1 has an idea how to enable my seaport?

Be careful. The upgrading Peg seaports and the BSC functional seaports are not compatible. You can have one or the other but not both. Plopping seaports are different. They can be mixed and matched.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say they are not working. No freight traffic? BSC seaports are not upgrading? Are you referring to the SimMilitaryNation (SNM) Seaports or the BSC functional ones?

I think the best thing to do is to point you to this thread. It has a lot of information about the functional seaports and the answer to your question may be answered there. You can always ask your questions again if you don't find what you are looking for in the thread below ...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14336.0

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

phipo

gordotario

Using city center port I get a brown box where that building on the corner should be. I downloaded all dependencies listed on the guide.

whatevermind

Make sure you have BSC MEGA Props Gascooker Vol 2. That should have the building for that seaport. If that doesn't solve things, it could be a conflict with something else in your plugins.

CahosRahneVeloza

I apologize for being such a newbie at this BSC Functional Seaports Mod, but according to the dependencies list that you get with the installer, SG Canals & several of its addons, Cal Canals & several addons as well as Diggis streams are dependencies. But reading through the Pamphlet here...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14336.0

...none of the Seaports list those canal sets as an immediate Dependency. Is the dependency list incorrect somehow?

FRE: Addendum:

After installation I figured out why those files were also marked as Dependencies. It seems there are five other Seaports that have yet to be discussed on the Seaport Pamphlet thread, all of which are inland or riverfront seaports.

builder

Hello

I am not sure if I have overlooked something, but I've read through most of this thread, and this one: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/28497-industry-demand-cap/ as well. I can't seem to figure out if the point of having these custom functional ports is so that they'll soak up all the industrial demand on purpose, or is this a bug? If so, is there a fix? Ripplejet said himself that he would see to it that it be fixed for the next update of the functional seaports. I have the latest edition, and I definitively have the same problem as the people have pointed out all those years ago.

EDIT: I've looked at the unofficial support thread as well, and I've seen that in cities where there's already a well-established base of residents and industry with good demand on both sides as well as commercial, building a port or two doesn't affect the demand in either direction. However, in that new city, I made five big ports, thinking it'd look cool, and boost the demand for industrial - especially dirty. That was not the case, as I already have two cities with quite a few agricultural and dirty industrial jobs. I also downloaded the cencus repository facility, and it showed 100 % CAP on dirty, manufacturing and high-tech. I can understand dirty, but how come manufacturing and especially high-tech is already capped? Is it because my population isn't educated enough already?

TygerFish

Where are the enablers for the Pegasus seaports?  The documentation says that PEG enablers can be found "elsewhere on SC4Devotion" but that doesn't seem to be true...

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana