• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ursador - Needs your help! ("Updated" 03/15/10)

Started by soulchaser, August 01, 2009, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which suggestion of the Highway is best? (END: 02/28)

A)
B)
C)

soulchaser

Preface     

First Decision

=> Solution

Laws I

Regular Update

Second Decision

Parenthesis

=> Solution

Regular Update

Third Decision

Regular Update

=> Solution

Forth Decision

=> Solution

Regular Update

Regular Update

Fifth Decision

Regular Update

=> Solution

Sixth Decision

Regular Update

Seventh Decision

=> Solution + Update

Regular Update

Regular Update

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

soulchaser

I'm watching this site and Simtropolis for a long time, being amazed of all those MDs and great stuff here. I didn't post very often, but I finally thought of making a MD by myself. I'm also taking part in the GRV II Challenges, where the comments encouraged me, to do so.
I was thinking of the style, this MD should have, and came up with the interactive way, deathtopumpkins had with his Virgin Shores over at Simtropolis.

So this is what I came up with:

- I'll be the head of Department of Development (DoD), analyzing and fullfilling the demands of the population.
   - You'll be the representative population, voting on suggestions by the DoD. You'll normally get 3-5 options to choose from and will have 3-7 days to vote, if you want to.

This MD will take some time, as I'm not throwing in any skyscrapers, as long as there are myriads of fields in the region. I normally try to build up everything as realistic as possible.
(My GRV II participation is a much more experimental style of playing SC4).

So I hope you take part and enjoy this, as much as I will.

So this is Ursador, my Region. Handmade, waiting for 2GB of plugins being settled on it's surface.

It's 2x3 Medium Tiles big. I'm using the NAM, CAM, and custom textures, bats and lots, as well as the Maxis' ones. So feel free to suggest any ideas, that might make this region look better in your eyes.
Now let's begin with the first step (I'll call them decisions).

The first decision that has to be made, is, of course, where to start of. The DoD suggests the following 3 spots.

Spot A:
Some lowland near by a natural lake, waiting for settlers.

Spot B:
North of an estuary of a small river, facing a beautifull island.

Spot C:
South of an estuary of a small river, with a lot of free space behind.

Furthermore, I would like to leave it up to you, where the next big city (in a neighbouring region) is. Tell me, if it's north, east or south of this region?

EDIT: As this is just a small thing, I'll leave 3 days for you to vote on these 2 things.

Recently Iced

Albus of Garaway

That's funny, I just so you over at CSGDesign's "Natural Growth" CJ at Simtropolis, where you said you had a similar building style as he did. I though to myself, "I'd be interested to see some of his work". I come over to SC4D, and here you are, with a new MD! What a pleasant surprise!

I think I'll vote for Spot A. I like how the hill's will eventually hug the city, and it'll provide a nice challenge for you (And the readers, I suppose, if this is an interactive CJ) to build over them once the city expands.

Looking forward to more great work. Oh, and nice Photoshopping!

M4346

If it is "natural growth" I would go with C. Imagining, of course, that I'm coming up along the river, seeing the immense crossing ahead and deciding to settle there in order to build up a base to enable further exploration at a later date. That's just my take on it! ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

beutelschlurf

moin soulchaser,

i think it likely to have a city on spot B or C, cause it's on the crossing of two rivers!  ()stsfd()
for the next town i would choose the east (oh ... :-[ it not chooseable) because it looks like the river is fowing that way to the see, so maybe there would be a nice city with a habour!

b_schlurf

bob56

Cool start! I really like how you explained everything.

One suggestion would be to use a poll instead of us all posting. I think a poll would recieve more participation, and would make things easier.

I would vote for spot A. The 'settlers' come to a fork in the river and turn left. They reach the end of the river, and backtrack to a nice spot they saw on the way, which is A.

I like the interactive idea. can't wait for more!

You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

nedalezz

I would go with C. It gives you good space to expand, you can still have your richy residential neighborhood in the hills as well!

soulchaser

At first: Thank you for all those nice comments.

@albus: I was working on this start for 2 days now, and when I saw the CJ you mentioned, I thought it was the right time, to post.

@beutelschlurf: Did I write something unclear? Yes, you choose the direction to the next city. That's the direction where the first path will go to... so B and A might be as logical as C (talking to M4346 now ;) ), if you choose the right direction!

@bob56: As I'm not an expert with threading in forums, I don't have a clue, how to set up a poll, neither did I find any advice on it. So I'll have to keep on this posting-poll ;) .

Recently Iced

beutelschlurf

moin soulchaser,

:P you're right, did'nt read carefully enough! sorry if i have confused you ... so i go for spot B or C and the right direction for the first path!

b_schlurf

Luke09

Nice Purpose here Soulchase.I think i can vote right?Lets start with spot A,mountains,a lake and a river.These are looking good for me.And the biggest city?on north please  ()stsfd() .Good Luck with your CJ(MD)and nice start
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Splime

This is definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on. Virgin Shores was a neat CJ to follow, and you've got a good region there. I like the idea of spot C to begin, as I think the major city should be in the middle of the fork, but settlements should start away from there so that demand can build up first.

And good luck with this MD, though I suppose I should be saying good luck to everyone if this is interactive.

Glowbal

Spot C.

I am sure going to follow this CJ. Good luck! :thumbsup:

art128

nice region there my friend, I really like it. I suggest to start by the spot A ,looks quite nice.
looking forward to more.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

soulchaser

Thank you for your comments, the wishes and votes. The results are:

Spot C, with the next big city to the east (right)

The first settlement consists of 4 houses, housing 21 people. The farms provide much more jobs (in numbers 77).

The products they produce is a lot of pumpkins, apples, sunflower oil, milk and cheese. The prospects for the region is slight grow....

The region will now develop on its own until there will be a new decision to make.
Pictures will follow...

Recently Iced

Splime

That's a really nice small village there! Great usage of the RRP Fences!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Consider me intrigued!  I like the way you've used those RRP fences there, and I'm looking forward to seeing what decisions will be needed next!

danielcote

nice settlment. I wonder how big it will grow.

chasespncr

Luke09

WoW,i see curved farms here.Nice use of RRP fences.And beauty village with small PEG pond  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

soulchaser

I'm glad you like the pics of Ursador. I hope I can fullfill your expections.

As climate change and sustainable agriculture is well known at the Department of Development (DoD; currently settled in Anedover, downstream), the following laws where set up, as more and more farms began to grow.

1) For every felled (nonagricultural) tree, a new (nonagricultural) one has to be planted.

2) For every square meter of building space, 2 square meters of wood has to be planted to asure biodiversity.

3) The agricultural area has to be irregular to asure biodiversity.

These laws recently are respected, as you can see on the following pic.

...More pics this week.

Recently Iced