• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BuildingUp and Out: Building Up's Journal (Update: 3-12-2010)

Started by BuildingUp, December 19, 2009, 04:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

BuildingUp

sumwonyuno: Thank you! Yeah, I'd imagine so :P :)
canyonjumper: Thanks! :)
Battlecat: Much appreciated! :)

Alrighty, update time.

canyonjumper

Nice pics! Interesting road setup by that baseball field.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

BuildingUp

canyonjumper

BuildingUp

976: Thank you! :)
canyonjumper: Appreciate the support! :)
Tomas Neto: Thanks man! :)

One thing that seems to be bugging me recently is the little diner businesses that seem to pop up everywhere, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get rid of these repetitive buildings. I've downloaded quite a bit of custom content.

Here's a teaser showing you what I mean, and something I'm working on.

ecoba

Hey, BuildingUp.

Sorry I don't stop in more often, I'm trying to break that habit. I'm really liking that work that I've seen from you lately. But, one thing: convert them PNGs! (Spoken like a true Redneck, <-- ME  $%Grinno$%) They take a while to load on my computer, and so I hardly can see your beautiful work.

As for the building repitition. Download a lot more building content (enough to grow a small city), and then use the BSC No Maxis files. It helps dwindle repitition, plus makes your cities look a while lot nicer, IMO.

Ethan

canyonjumper

Nice pic! Did you query the diners? Check what wealth level they are, then download more of that level.

-Jordan

emgmod

We really need more specific Maxis blockers, like No Mansions, or No Wren. For now, follow Ethan's advice.

BuildingUp

Another small teaser of a new city tile I'm working on. (It says PNG image in properties in Firefox, please tell me if it's not)

ecoba

It is a .PNG . A very lovely PNG at that. For some reason it isn't taking a long time to load, but, still in accordance with the rules, it would be great if it were a .JPG. I would suggest using IrfanView, it's a free download program, and it has the ability to slightly edit your pictures as well.

Also, CTRL-G, CTRL-G...

Ethan

BuildingUp

I changed it to a .JPG. Hopefully it's loading alright now. :)

BuildingUp

ecoba: Thanks for the comment man! :)
canyonjumper: Yeah, I'll try that. Thanks! :)
emgod: Thanks for the comment. :)

This next update takes place in another tile next to Ruli, called "Zone City". But as you will find out, this isn't really a city as much as it is my attempt at green SC4 eye-candy. :P

Progress on this tile so far; 12%

Geothermal energy for a cleaner town.

bat

Great work on your nice city! Your pictures are really nice, too! :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Looking good, your eye candy tile looks quite lovely!  Sorry for not stopping in sooner, you've posted a lot of great shots lately.

canyonjumper

antimonycat

I like how your postcard from 1975 has the washed out colour you often get with old photos! Looking forward to more updates, especially more overview shots.