• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

I've looked over the BTM's RHW-related components.  They haven't been updated since NAM 30, and they're still operating on the old specs.  The BTM's RHW support file will need to be completely rebuilt.

-Alex

eugenelavery

Quote from: Tarkus on April 17, 2013, 06:51:01 PM
I've looked over the BTM's RHW-related components.  They haven't been updated since NAM 30, and they're still operating on the old specs.  The BTM's RHW support file will need to be completely rebuilt.

-Alex

That sounds like a lot of work.

selles

After more fooling around, I found a couple more bugs.

L2 MIS over diagonal L0 RHW4 causes the MIS to revert back to ground level RHW2 textures.

L2 RHW6 has the same problem. I tried adding a tile between the diagonal RHW4 and the problem persists.

L1 MIS right next to L2 ERHW4 over diagonal RHW4 causes all sorts of problems.

rivit

Reloaded with s180 and have done a little testing (US setup, Euro options)

As I mentioned yesterday in another thread I think there may be a difference between Controller and Textures with respect to the concept of LHD. Traffic driving on the right is a LHD vehicle and the controller reflects this. Attached image shows this is not true of some textures in the LHD support section. Another oddity in this pic is the pathing which is correct in one direction but somewhat scrambled in the other.

Ron

Tarkus

Quote from: rivit on April 17, 2013, 09:08:01 PM
Reloaded with s180 and have done a little testing (US setup, Euro options)

As I mentioned yesterday in another thread I think there may be a difference between Controller and Textures with respect to the concept of LHD. Traffic driving on the right is a LHD vehicle and the controller reflects this. Attached image shows this is not true of some textures in the LHD support section. Another oddity in this pic is the pathing which is correct in one direction but somewhat scrambled in the other.

Ron

The controller and textures appear to be matched--the NAM concept of "Left Hand Drive" means "Left Side Traffic" (e.g. UK, NZ, AU, JP, etc.), as opposed to the side of the steering wheel in a vehicle.  It's the paths that are the sticking point--the controller doesn't have any effect on drive side, and in fact, the only difference between the RHD and LHD controllers is that the OneWayDir property has been flipped on 4 puzzle pieces (I believe it's Maxis Highway single-sided perpendicular ramps and one or two Tram Dual-Network pieces).

From the looks of it, your game is in Right Side Traffic mode, but you have all the accoutrements of the NAM's Left Side Traffic support files.  The NAM does not actually change drive side, and never has--those drive side plugins basically just provide support for the drive side you're running, and installing the wrong drive side simply results in improper NAM functionality.  What happens is that the game checks your registry, and if it's set to the right locale setting value, it'll reference the UK Path Remapping section in the INI file, and look for remapped paths for left-side traffic.

Quote from: selles on April 17, 2013, 07:41:02 PM
After more fooling around, I found a couple more bugs.

I'd try doing a bit more click-around to see if it'll snap into place.  It'll be a top priority for our next release.

-Alex

Gamma4815

Nosimx

Thank you for the brand new documentation about the included stations. It gives some hints how to mod additional stations.

Concerning the nasty task of bulldozing and replopping stations - do you mean the pre-NAM 31 versions, or does it include the NAM 31-versions?

z

Quote from: Nosimx on April 17, 2013, 11:35:46 PM
Concerning the nasty task of bulldozing and replopping stations - do you mean the pre-NAM 31 versions, or does it include the NAM 31-versions?

As long as you're not using a Mac, only the pre-NAM 31 versions need to be bulldozed.  For Mac users, the bigger capacity Maxis stations introduced in NAM 31 would have to be bulldozed, as well as the Modern El Train Station.

A word of advice:  Save your game before bulldozing each station.  In built-up areas, it's often not possible to replop the same station where the old one was due to the lack of levelness of the ground.  This can apply even if the ground looks level to the eye.

MOREOPTIONS

Quote from: z on April 17, 2013, 11:57:49 PM
Quote from: Nosimx on April 17, 2013, 11:35:46 PM

As long as you're not using a Mac, only the pre-NAM 31 versions need to be bulldozed.  For Mac users, the bigger capacity Maxis stations introduced in NAM 31 would have to be bulldozed, as well as the Modern El Train Station.

A word of advice:  Save your game before bulldozing each station.  In built-up areas, it's often not possible to replop the same station where the old one was due to the lack of levelness of the ground.  This can apply even if the ground looks level to the eye.
I have been able to replace stations in same spot's.  if the land not level try using round about two or three next to one another to level the area.  works like a charm most of the time.

Nosimx

Thank you for the quick responses.

Quote from: z on April 17, 2013, 11:57:49 PM

Quote from: moreoptionsI have been able to replace stations in same spot's.  if the land not level try using round about two or three next to one another to level the area.  works like a charm most of the time.

No Mac here, luckily. The 1x1 overhanging stations will not be too problematic. On levelling: I hardly can remember playing sc4 without Ennedi's slope mod. On the other hand, I think this kind of "advanced developing" is part of the game.

------------------

I ran Datpacker over the z__NAM folder; it died while writing:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2701, in OnStart
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2358, in RecurseAllFilesFull
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2456, in BuildIt
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2200, in WriteADat
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1879, in Copy
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1779, in IsBinary
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'sig'

Although I don't play with packed NAM - this should not happen, I guess.

z

Quote from: Nosimx on April 18, 2013, 01:13:09 AM
I ran Datpacker over the z__NAM folder; it died while writing

Apparently, there's a corrupted file in the Maxis Highway Override that is causing this.

rivit

Thankyou Tarkus,  your problem determination was exactly correct.

The installer for some reason thinks I have a UK installation, but unmodded it is US. The installer tells me "we drive on the left", but by explicitly reinstalling by selecting "we drive on the right" all of the symptoms have been removed - paths and textures all correct and matching.

Leaves only the question of what the installer does by default or if a registry read fails.

However this problem can be closed,

cheers Ron

[Delta ²k5]

c-network (L0) x symphony (L2) creates old MHW paths in the middle:

Also there is a missing A and B ramp - while rotating this piece it simply doesn't appear (only the one for L0 which changes instantly its direction when hovering it over this L2 part):

Anyway nice work on this beautiful release :)

z

Quote from: rivit on April 18, 2013, 01:26:00 AM
Leaves only the question of what the installer does by default or if a registry read fails.

It uses the locale ID of your Windows UI to determine your country.

spot

It's functional but weird looking:

Another problem is that the flex L1 ramps dont transfer the road type very good at the bottom:

rivit

Thanks z,
  FYI - I am in Australia with a US version of Simcity, and I play it as is.
  Ron

Wiimeiser

Quote from: z on April 18, 2013, 01:18:03 AM
Quote from: Nosimx on April 18, 2013, 01:13:09 AM
I ran Datpacker over the z__NAM folder; it died while writing

Apparently, there's a corrupted file in the Maxis Highway Override that is causing this.
I believe it's what's causing this

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on April 18, 2013, 02:35:00 AM
Also there is a missing A and B ramp - while rotating this piece it simply doesn't appear (only the one for L0 which changes instantly its direction when hovering it over this L2 part):

I'll run the game and check that out

Happens for me too, additionally, if I load an existing city that already has one and UDI on it the game goes black for a split second, at least, that happened to me. Also, is it just me or can you not switch lanes when you're snapped to paths?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

bernds

Here are two images for issues I reported earlier. First, missing textures:

I've used a custom installation, disabling a number of things such as RHW, NWM, HSRP, bullet trains, viaduct/underground/single-track rail, double-height monorail and turning lanes. Both the game and the NAM installation are using LHD.

Then, this was a three-way intersection before installing NAM, now it's only a fork - is this a visual problem only?

fefenc

How you make to show these arrows on the roads? It can be useful to me.