• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Quote from: Rayden on April 20, 2013, 02:42:45 AM
One thing have come to my mind, could this happen if on the meantime i was using perhaps a different street side mod [...]?

This is exactly what I would consider to be the likeliest cause. I had experienced CTDs related to missing flora as well. While it is possible to load the city, the game crashes when you click a tile that has references to missing flora models.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Tarkus on April 19, 2013, 06:52:18 PM
That particular intersection can be built properly, but you have to be careful that you don't engage the Auto-Connect functionality, which will put a transition where you don't want one.

Allright. I found the way how to do this one best: First drag MIS in place, then drag the MAVE6 across :thumbsup: thank you for pointing me the direction!

Wiimeiser

I linked to an interchange at Drouin that could be made to add a RD to MIS transition to the game, does anyone agree?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Rayden

Quote from: memo on April 20, 2013, 02:52:41 AM
Quote from: Rayden on April 20, 2013, 02:42:45 AM
One thing have come to my mind, could this happen if on the meantime i was using perhaps a different street side mod [...]?

This is exactly what I would consider to be the likeliest cause. I had experienced CTDs related to missing flora as well. While it is possible to load the city, the game crashes when you click a tile that has references to missing flora models.
OK, problem solved, nothing like "Flora off" couldn't handle. Obviously I had a different flora on those days, and even if I couldn't see it, it was there and those areas where it looked empty there was definately something there. Now without any flora, the cities look odd, but at least playable again, and I just have to replant everything up, a bit tedious but doable. Afterall it wasn't anything to do with the street side mod, which I found out when roads and train crashed as well, but what you have mentioned about missing flora rang a bell  &idea and I remember that the flora mod I was using those days was the ones by CP and now I'm using seasonal ones.
Thanks for all the help guys  :thumbsup:

MOREOPTIONS

Good day all.  I have a fresh install of SC4D and the NAM,, CAM,, and some normal dependencies.  with NAM 31.1 I get this problem.  in the Picture you will see this set of interchanges.  THEY ARE MISSING.  help please advise. what am I missing.  the cleanitle did not show any abnormality or missing plug-ins

memo

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on April 20, 2013, 11:03:42 AM
Good day all.  I have a fresh install of SC4D and the NAM,, CAM,, and some normal dependencies.  with NAM 31.1 I get this problem.  in the Picture you will see this set of interchanges.  THEY ARE MISSING.  help please advise. what am I missing.  the cleanitle did not show any abnormality or missing plug-ins

This is a bug of NAM 31.1, and it was caused by me. Sorry. :-[ Tarkus has already fixed it on our end.

a44bigdog

Quote from: MandelSoft on April 19, 2013, 02:00:59 PM
Yes, they do. But at long as if they are one tile long and if you drag RHW-8S or 10S into them, they will convert and everything MHW-related will be hidden. That's how they work ;)

Thanks for the explanation. I had some two tile action  on one side, bridges are up now. I had used a 10S D2 ramp to split and bridge with RHW 4 and RHW 6 bridges. If there was a 10S D2 to the inside an interesting build could be done of "newer" wider bridges built to the outside of "older" bridges. There are a few other places I have found myself wanting that same 10S D2 inside ramp as well.

memo

Quote from: selles on April 16, 2013, 02:11:31 PM
MIS intersecting with diagonal MAVE has some path issues.

I tried to remedy that by having the MIS intersecting with diagonal OWR, but that caused some path glitches as well.

I cannot replicate these.

Quote from: bernds on April 17, 2013, 08:21:16 AM
Edit: I just noticed that orthogonal elevated rail x normal railroad intersections (and elevated rail x Maxis ground highway) appear to have a missing texture (that's how I interpret the four black/red/blue/green squares).

I cannot replicate this one, either.

Quote from: spot on April 18, 2013, 04:41:42 AM
It's functional but weird looking:

...Nor this one.

Quote from: bernds on April 18, 2013, 06:43:11 AM
Then, this was a three-way intersection before installing NAM, now it's only a fork - is this a visual problem only?

This is intended actually because it is more realistic. Also, this was introduced several NAM versions ago.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 20, 2013, 02:12:03 AM
There's a two bugs on Diagonal RHW-6 Type C1 On/Off Ramp:

• The paths are the RHW-4 one
  • The description is missing

I can confirm this.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: memo on April 20, 2013, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 20, 2013, 02:12:03 AM
There's a two bugs on Diagonal RHW-6 Type C1 On/Off Ramp:

• The paths are the RHW-4 one
  • The description is missing

I can confirm this.

Good to know!! :thumbsup:

Another bug: there's a missing puzzle piece in the El-Rail double-decker ring before the El-Rail over Pedmall - Center Pole. ()what()
I've installed the El-Rail cosmetic mod that come with NAM.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

memo

That's quite true. This particular bug had already been dealt with before the release of NAM 31.0 and I wonder how it found its way back into the controller. It is easily fixed though.

Tarkus

Quote from: memo on April 20, 2013, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: selles on April 16, 2013, 02:11:31 PM
MIS intersecting with diagonal MAVE has some path issues.

I tried to remedy that by having the MIS intersecting with diagonal OWR, but that caused some path glitches as well.

I cannot replicate these.

I fixed both of those in between the aborted NAM 31.1 release on the 16th and the real release on the 17th.

-Alex

MOREOPTIONS

Good day, Thank you for the fast response.  as you stated it's been fixed.  can you share the fix.  Thank you..  can send me in my inbox or in public area. 
Quote from: memo on April 20, 2013, 11:11:29 AM
Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on April 20, 2013, 11:03:42 AM

This is a bug of NAM 31.1, and it was caused by me. Sorry. :-[ Tarkus has already fixed it on our end.

Paul 999

Problems whit the diagonal networks, or do i something wrong?

Also that glitch on the intersection, is this normal?

Born-in-HB

Hello,
I still have problems with the v31.1. Not only is the store is an ordeal (to secure every 2-3 min otherwise -> desktop), but also the frequent freezing shortly after saving. Then the task manager is back in fashion.
And when I load the saved city, are suddenly gone all the props in parts of the city. Only the bare Lots are still there. Tion times as needed to Refurbish a whole port and bang the next storing everything was empty cleaned again &ops

Over 100 fields NAM parts built and the problems occur. The size of the city seems to play no role in it. Link options I have already tried plenty. I will probably return to NAM30 again. Too bad, because the new Symphony highway options and gentle ramps habens done to me.

I have only the RealHighway_Regional_Transport_Map.dat installed. Link Order is "-CPUCount:1". Tryed with and without Datpacker. 4 GB are used.

My System: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit on AMD FX-6100 with 6x 3,30 GHz-CPU, 16 GB RAM, 1500 GB HDD and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (GDDR5) with newest Nv-Driver.

Thank you for some help  ;)
greets
my MD

soon at SC4D!
http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=182697 on SF (German)

Strife

im having crashes when saving, exiting region or freezing right after saving as well, but only on my biggest cities (+1,200.000 pop)  not sure if its because of NAM or other plugins i have, i have been making some test with a plugin backup i made 4 months ago on 2 identical cities and only the one with my current plugins folder (2.8gb and NAM 31.1 S-series) is crashing quite often while saving, while the other city (2.0GB and NAM 30) has never crashed, it started to crash when i got around 1,4kk pop, the 2nd one is at 2kk without a single crash yet. it is possible that the problem could be in other plugins though. im using an I7-2600, 8GB ram, win7 64bit, Radeon 6970.

Rabbyt

Quote from: Strife on April 18, 2013, 09:52:45 AM
anyone having problems with airports? since i installed 31.1 they are not working (no usage and no cap relief) and i have around 1'000.000 CO jobs, tried buldozing and with the 3 types of airports but nothing happens, also tried those airports from the AC team but they dont work as well. when installing the 31.1 i selected the default capacity option in the installer (i think it was x4 cap) however i did exactly the same when i installed 31.0 and they were working.

I'm with Strife on this one, initially my existing small municipal airport was not reporting any use with NAM 31.1, but had been with the Mac-2011 version. I pulled the NetworkAddonMod_Queries_Standard.dat file restarted & after a few minutes of running usage numbers came up. I quit without saving, reinstalled the NetworkAddonMod_Queries_Standard.dat file, launched the city, waited a few minutes....now i see usage numbers for the airport ???? but here is the kicker, now the tram/bus stops show no usage & when using the network query tool only the buildings are reporting how the sims arrived. The networks report "usage (none)" where there should be/are hundreds or a couple thousand commuting by various means. The coloured routing arrows show up fine.

Strike all that, I simply didn't run the simulation long enough for it to catch up with all the changes. After 6-8 months of sim time everything is starting to look normal again.

Thanks to the team.
I only wish as a mac user there was some way to help develop more of the tram/glr pieces.

L

Network Addon Mod/
NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Standard_Persist.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION_s-series.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z_Medium.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Volume_Data_View_Z_Medium.dat

z___NAM/Mass Transit Lots/
Maxis Airports - Medium.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Queries_Standard.dat

Tarkus

Quote from: Born-in-HB on April 21, 2013, 07:26:07 AM
Hello,
I still have problems with the v31.1. Not only is the store is an ordeal (to secure every 2-3 min otherwise -> desktop), but also the frequent freezing shortly after saving. Then the task manager is back in fashion.
And when I load the saved city, are suddenly gone all the props in parts of the city. Only the bare Lots are still there. Tion times as needed to Refurbish a whole port and bang the next storing everything was empty cleaned again &ops

Over 100 fields NAM parts built and the problems occur. The size of the city seems to play no role in it. Link options I have already tried plenty. I will probably return to NAM30 again. Too bad, because the new Symphony highway options and gentle ramps habens done to me.

I have only the RealHighway_Regional_Transport_Map.dat installed. Link Order is "-CPUCount:1". Tryed with and without Datpacker. 4 GB are used.

My System: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit on AMD FX-6100 with 6x 3,30 GHz-CPU, 16 GB RAM, 1500 GB HDD and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (GDDR5) with newest Nv-Driver.

It sounds like you may have more serious issues involved, beyond what the NAM could affect.  The prop issue almost sounds like Prop Pox.  How big is your Plugins folder?  Have there been any other recent changes to it?

Quote from: Paul 999 on April 21, 2013, 04:09:07 AM
Problems whit the diagonal networks, or do i something wrong?

Also that glitch on the intersection, is this normal?

No idea there.  I've not really used the diagonal on-slopes for Avenues.  The MIS/Avenue issue is most likely due to an easy-to-make RUL glitch (referencing texture-based items where the eighth digit is offset can be a bit tricky--there's probably a reference to 0x5702A305 instead of 0x5702A309).

-Alex

[Delta ²k5]

A small wealthification error:

seems like it's simply a wrong texture

ivo_su

Hello NAM-team!
Thank you extremely much for a great product that you do for us. Your work is invaluable, but what you create can be described with the word "masterpiece".
I noticed some minor problems:
- Only when I have no option Splitter between AVE-6/RHW-C6?
- Also still lacks stability when building X junctions between RHW - 6 / HSRP

feyss

Hi. I have some problems. I don't if it was already posted here.

Problem with the catenaries. It also happen with other piece of the elrail.

texture

texture again

There is no arch on my bridge.

Thank you.