• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Creating your own prop Families (Extended version)

Started by jeronij, January 17, 2007, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekseb

I viewed the props in PIMX and in the little window at the left corner below the front of the cars shows in different directions.

So best will be to plop the props first in LE on a Test-Lot to take a look in which direction the arrow of the single cars are point - back to front or front to back.

May be some Batter has load the reverse gear  :D

Thanks
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

FrankU

Hi Nekseb,

You maybe have found out that I published a set of prop families on the STEX lately.
When I was making them I started to plop all interesting props on a large testlot in Lot Editor. When you plop them you see the arrow. So there you can exactly see what props you can use together in one prop family.
If you look closely at my prop families you will find out that in some cases I had overseen the same problem: I have put some sheds together in one family that do not share the same location of the entrance. So in my lots you will find out that sometimes the entrance of the shed is directed away from the street....

nekseb

Hi FrankU,
I've seen your prop-familys at the STEX and thanks for your Tips!

...and now if checked the props I want to use. Great surprise - all possibilitys are used.  :angrymore:

Placed all props with the same direction of the arrow. Some cars are correct, some are back to front, some left to right and some right to left.  :thumbsdown:

OK - don't worry, new selection which one I will (can) use in one family must be done.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas