• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

@frdrcklim: Another NAM isn't very far off. Possibly only weeks away. ;D Though of corse, they like to surprise people, so it could come out as soon as tomorrow, or as late as September. ::) We'll just have to wait and see...

dahemac

Here we have a vineyard that grew through an adjacent flower farm to get to some nearby zoned farmland.

Lowkee33

@dahemac:  First, nice picture a couple posts back.  $%Grinno$%

Second, do you have any issues with de-zoning or demolishing either of those fields?   

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 23, 2011, 03:10:45 AM
For some reason, if you place road parking Cul-de-sacs next to each other it creates a glitched FAR. The lot(s) affected can only be destroyed by using the immortality killer and following up by placing a bus stop on it. Anyone else seen this?

This is connected to the auto-complete of NAM.  The FARR intersection is 2x2 (right?), but it only takes 3 tiles to make it auto-complete.  When the auto-complete happens, that extra 1 tile is in danger of making a reluctant lot.   TE'ed lots are especially prone, as they can help make the auto-complete happen in the first place.  This thread goes a little bit further into it.  I know that I was eventually able to get all of that station's connections working without making an auto-complete.  Perhaps you can have luck with the roundabouts. Think of it as a mini-game :)

dahemac

I have no problem dezoning those. The fields behave normally in that respect, they just appear to have more than one crop on them. The queries are for the seasonal tulips where the vines overgrew them. The tulips were first.

Terring7

What kind of "smart" guy had the idea to add a planter in the middle of the street? :angrymore:

Danger! Monkeys are taking over the city! :o

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

marsh

This happens whenever I change the games day and night png.  ???

(that's PEG's brigatine water mod. . . )

apeguy

Definately some very strange stuff here. ???

Terring, looks like your city has stared a new sports for chimps program, either that or it's the rise of the planet of the apes. :D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Terring7

Tree controller - dependencies = ...

:D :D :D :D :D
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

marsh

Wut . . Usually I just get boxes.. O_o

art128

Marsh, it's a mod by PEG that replace the boxes ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Monorail Master

Marsh:

That's not a bug, it's a new mod! Simcity 4: Fallout Edition
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

It's funny you should mention that, because the old Interplay Fallout games also are at the top down angle view just like SimCity 4.

Kitsune

Heres one.... I'm trying to get the el-rail cable stay bridge to become a heavy rail bridge instead. It hasnt gone as planned (it no longer appears in the el-rail menu.. but it doesnt appear in the rail menu either...). So I was curious, and deleted everything in the bridge controller for the rail RUL... and left two bridges... the cable stay bridge, and something called small arch bridge. Well... I went to build a cantilever bridge... and this is result:

pretty neat I must say... even though I have no idea why that would happen.

~ NAM Team Member

art128

Actually it looks great! Would be really useful is we could use it as a separate bridge! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jdenm8

Actually, that cannibalisation of the Small Steel Arch bridge does actually look pretty good.  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

I thought we were done with blowing traffic lights as of SimCity 4.  ()what()

http://www.youtube.com/v/L6fYfbEOQ14

RIP: Pixel Active C.S. :'(

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

trafficnut

This is what happens when put the fire department airstrip to work. When a tall building is too close to the end of the runway, the plane will simply bounce off the building during take-off!

This is probably by design, but still odd! ()stsfd()

[Delta ²k5]

A storm is coming!

Also this ain't a good idea... you might beeing shocked...