• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 02:02:40 PM
So yeah concerning my problem, I have a proposition...

Why not make Moonlinght's MOD as an option to REPLACE SAM9 instead of adding another SAM set?

This might be a solution if the problem persists.

Art, replace the file "SAM - 10 - Type21.dat" by the one in the attachment. It has been in the release candidate, but had to be replaced because of the amount of dependencies. Use at your own risk though.

Making moonlinght's mod a replacement of SAM 9 is not really an option. You can still use the old mod in any case, as nothing has been changed in SAM 9.

westamastaflash

MIS doesn't seem to want to split at diagonals any more. Is this expected behavior?

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

strucka

There are some FARHW-8 bugs...
One is, the preview shows the 6-lane version, the other is missing FAR curve from ortho East-West towards Northeast. And I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the FAR to diagonal curve (also RHW-8) has some stubs for diagonal after plopping it down and that prevents you to plop the opposite turn after it to make an S-turn.

art128

Quote from: memo on March 02, 2013, 02:32:23 PM
Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 02:02:40 PM
So yeah concerning my problem, I have a proposition...

Why not make Moonlinght's MOD as an option to REPLACE SAM9 instead of adding another SAM set?

This might be a solution if the problem persists.

Art, replace the file "SAM - 10 - Type21.dat" by the one in the attachment. It has been in the release candidate, but had to be replaced because of the amount of dependencies. Use at your own risk though.

Making moonlinght's mod a replacement of SAM 9 is not really an option. You can still use the old mod in any case, as nothing has been changed in SAM 9.

MAAAAAAn I love you, just replaced and tested... WORKS!

Thank you very much !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

strucka

Another couple of bugs I seem to find are the elevated networks. I always seem to create stuff so compact that I'm killing your efforts on stability.
Of course the transition L0-L2 has already been posted and seems to affect everyone. However I haven't seen anyone posting about overpassing setups like mine with following profile (I might upload photos tomorrow if needed): RHW-4, RHW-6, 1x space, RHW-6, MIS (all L0) overpassed by either L2RHW-6 or L1/L2 MIS, there seems to be a problem with the L1/L2 MIS over diagonal RHW-4, and a texture issue with the onramp's for DIA-RHW-4.

Photos will come tommorow if necesary.

Blue Lightning

Quote from: strucka on March 02, 2013, 04:18:50 PM
Another couple of bugs I seem to find are the elevated networks. I always seem to create stuff so compact that I'm killing your efforts on stability.
Of course the transition L0-L2 has already been posted and seems to affect everyone. However I haven't seen anyone posting about overpassing setups like mine with following profile (I might upload photos tomorrow if needed): RHW-4, RHW-6, 1x space, RHW-6, MIS (all L0) overpassed by either L2RHW-6 or L1/L2 MIS, there seems to be a problem with the L1/L2 MIS over diagonal RHW-4, and a texture issue with the onramp's for DIA-RHW-4.

Photos will come tommorow if necesary.
I assume you're talking about the network starter crossing another RHW. That's been fixed on our end now (issues #36, 33, 32, 31, and 30).

If its about networks randomly converting to other networks, a few instances of that have also been noted, but photos would be nice.

Quote from: strucka on March 02, 2013, 04:09:14 PM
There are some FARHW-8 bugs...
One is, the preview shows the 6-lane version, the other is missing FAR curve from ortho East-West towards Northeast. And I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the FAR to diagonal curve (also RHW-8) has some stubs for diagonal after plopping it down and that prevents you to plop the opposite turn after it to make an S-turn.
FARHW-8C using FARHW-6C previews, issue #16 (unresolved).
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

krelf

In testing something I managed to create 4 bugs in one.

1. Bridge barriers are out of alignment
2. Ramp texture reverts and misses the edge
3. Missing texture, the stub is there when I create the ramp, but disappears once I drag it out
4. I realise there may not be full functionality for RHW over NWM, but thought I would post anyway. If I drag the MIS through the RD-6 it works fine.
http://imageshack.us/f/37/rhw4bugs.jpg

P.S. I am using the Australian-Euro textures

Kitsune

Quote from: Blue Lightning on March 02, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
Nope - that's issue #44.

Have you added the two missing 6c bridges (cable stay and arch)? There is a picture on the first page.
~ NAM Team Member

epicblunder

Just adding more to the L2-flexfly:
I've had it choke on all crossing networks for L1,L3, and L4.  The flexfly piece itself remains fine, but it screws with the crossing network.

I get this graphic glich on the L1-MIS&-4. the RHW-2(L1) breaks completely.  However notice that the L0-flexfly on the right handles these just fine.

Closer, slightly different setup with paths: there's a single tile of bi-directional pathing in the middle of the MIS(L1):

I also tried taking L3 & L4 networks over the L2-flexfly and the crossing networks always broke back to rhw-2(L0), but there were no graphical glitches.  Fortunately the L0-flexfly handled all heights of the rhw2,4,&mis like a champ.

Blue Lightning

1. Issue #12
2. That piece exists?
3. Looking into that...
4. Issue #4. + intersections won't work, they're missing paths as well (Issue #5).

1. FLEXFly x ERHW-2 support hasn't been added yet
2. Missing textures, added Issue #63
3. Bidirectional pathing is intentional
4. L3 & L4 x FLEXFly support hasn't been added yet

Quote from: Kitsune on March 02, 2013, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: Blue Lightning on March 02, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
Nope - that's issue #44.

Have you added the two missing 6c bridges (cable stay and arch)? There is a picture on the first page.
Adding Issue #64.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

roadgeek

Quote from: als98 on March 02, 2013, 10:56:50 AM
Here's a couple more:

L1 RHW 10S changes to L1 MIS over 8C.

I got something similar when I tried RHW-8C L2 over RHW-8C L1 and RHW-6C L2 over RHW-6C L1.

On an unrelated note, I could not create FAR and all my NWM features no longer work.

z

Quote from: Kitsune on March 02, 2013, 07:57:56 AM
It seems the RHW bridges are not part of the standard install - you have to go through a custom install to install them. Don't know if this is by design or not.

I cannot duplicate this problem.  Is it repeatable, and if so, could you please give the exact circumstances?  I.e., does it happen if you rerun the NAM 31 installation, or only if you're upgrading an earlier installation, and if so, which one?  Do the bridges show up on the Confirmation page, right before the installation?  Where do you look for them after the installation?

jcluvzgamez

Ok, I found a SEVERE bug. Look at the preview model for the One Way Road 71 degree curve from Orthongical to FAR. it is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYY messed up. And, most of the time, when I scroll through the pieces, I get a CTD. Very odd, very odd indeed.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

Kitsune

Quote from: z on March 02, 2013, 05:06:45 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on March 02, 2013, 07:57:56 AM
It seems the RHW bridges are not part of the standard install - you have to go through a custom install to install them. Don't know if this is by design or not.

I cannot duplicate this problem.  Is it repeatable, and if so, could you please give the exact circumstances?  I.e., does it happen if you rerun the NAM 31 installation, or only if you're upgrading an earlier installation, and if so, which one?  Do the bridges show up on the Confirmation page, right before the installation?  Where do you look for them after the installation?

I did run multiple installs today... and another user had the same issue too (on page 1). I've confirmed the bridges are there... the icon is right, but the bridge being built is not.
~ NAM Team Member

Kitsune

Also z - I've run through the bridges with a fine tooth comb - and I can't find the bridge it is building among the files. I think if you run the installer you'll get the problem too.
~ NAM Team Member

memo

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 05:22:10 PM
Ok, I found a SEVERE bug. Look at the preview model for the One Way Road 71 degree curve from Orthongical to FAR.

Seriously, that's not a serious bug. It is obvious what the preview represents. I cannot reproduce the CTDs.

jcluvzgamez

Quote from: memo on March 02, 2013, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 05:22:10 PM
Ok, I found a SEVERE bug. Look at the preview model for the One Way Road 71 degree curve from Orthongical to FAR.

Seriously, that's not a serious bug. It is obvious what the preview represents. I cannot reproduce the CTDs.

I was referring to the CTDS.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

0wn3d

Not sure if you're aware of this already, but stacking L0 flexfly, L1 RHW-4, and L2 flexfly does this:

Kind of minor, but still a visual glitch.  Here's the drawpaths if that helps:

Patricius Maximus

I'll provide more bug information and snapshots relating to wider RHW bridges. When I try to create a compact cable-stayed bridge I get this plain bridge. I can only assume the cables aren't showing up properly. The same goes for the arch bridge (this is already reported as issue #64):

I can also assume that it's supposed to look something like its bigger cousin, which is working as far as the cables go:

But there appear to be missing tiles, one on each side of the bridge, like this: