• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

I can't remember, what happens when you un-select a check box in the SAM install?  Can't the empty starters be set up the same way?

I think the dummy texture idea is interesting.  It may make SAM a little bulky, but perhaps those dummy textures could be descriptive (Signaling the bottom and the ID of the texture).

There probably would be more support issues.  On the other hand, if a blank pedestrian only piece had been made, I think we would have a complete set for that by now (Though I have seen some teasers around here lately).

Diggis

Quote from: Tarkus on January 23, 2012, 06:09:46 PM
Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 23, 2012, 01:45:13 PM
What's your view on the tar-sealed streets? Would you include them if there was enough space?

I'd say it'd be a possibility.  I know rivit had been in talks with Diggis about contributing his sets as new SAM sets, but he then released them instead as replacement sets for existing ones.

-Alex

I fully take the blame for that. Rivit sent them to me but caught me as I disappeared from the community and I never did anything with them. The last conversation I had with Jplumbly on these (a very long time ago) he had intended to have 15 sets of streets with the 16th being done for pedestrian malls. He was going to have all the malls under one set somehow.

vortext

I know from recent private conversation Rivit / Ron would still like to see his textures included in the SAM. The additional sets are a bit of a mess however. Type 10 doesn't show any textures nor does it carry any traffic. For type 11 t/m 14 the textures don't play along the internal numbering scheme; texture B, which should show on set 11, shows on 12 instead. C shows on 13, D on 14. I've been trying to fix it but still have some serious reading up to do  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jondor

That is really weird.  I had the same problem trying to make a set of textures for set 10.  I couldn't get them to appear no matter how hard I tried, so I assumed I was doing something wrong and gave up.  All the RUL2 code seems to be correct, but I never looked into the RUL0 or RUL1 code.  Maybe the starters are set up wrong somewhere.  I'll have to take a look.

Edit: Turns out they are.  The set 10 puzzle piece is hooked up the the set 16 (0) false starter intersection along with several other mistakes.  We should be able to have that fixed in the next controller build.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

nas-t

I've got a question about the black SAM road... where can i find the black SAM textures in lot editor? i was looking for the diagonal one. i thought its an overlay texture but when i scroll down the overlays its no there.
hope its the right place to ask :)

vortext

Quote from: nas-t on April 22, 2012, 05:00:58 AM
I've got a question about the black SAM road... where can i find the black SAM textures in lot editor?

You can't.  $%Grinno$%

Those are transit textures and normally not available for use in the LE. If you're familiar with either the Reader or the SC4Tool, however,  it's quite easy to turn them into LE textures, which would be overlays indeed.
time flies like a bird

Kuddelmuddel

Hi, I am just starting to post in his forum, so please excuse if my question was already asked somewhere else.

Is it possible to use other sidewalks (base textures) in SAM pieces than for the rest of the maxis streets?

I would like to create a historical city centre with small streets and a uniform cobbled look, but still keep the maxis sidewalks for the other, modern districts. I just want to know if it is possible to use also texture variations for the base, and not only the overlay textures, before I start collecting the knowledge how to do.

Thank you
Kuddelmudel

vortext

Short answer, no. There're only four base textures which simcity uses for sidewalks.

Slighty longer answer, however, is yes. The overlays can be treated as base textures as long as they contain transparancy. That is, create SAM overlays which consist of both the street surface and custom sidewalk, thus covering the vanilla sidwalks.

Though the described methods are a bit outdated this tutorial is still a good place to start.
time flies like a bird

Kuddelmuddel

Thank you, vortext, that's a nice workaround and will do the job! I will upload the texture variations I'm planning for SAM and pedmalls (using Moonlight-san's facelift mod, http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26454-paengs-pedmall-parks/) soon. :)

Gul Dukat

Hi, I'm new around here and although I play SC4 since it's day 1, I have not much XP with these mods. So, I downloaded the SAM and I have been having some issues with it. The problem is I cannot make it join the roads network, the new textures keep standing alone and the traffic won't flow from the SAM to the other roads. I have the NAM 30 and the RHW. Am I missing something or maybe there is something I may be doing wrong? tks.

Gul Dukat

By the way, it seems that the starter puzzle is not showing, nor i can drag the street. It only goes two at a time. Could anybody help me out?

vortext

Do you use LHD? Or a slope mod?

Those two can interfere with the SAM, or any transit network for that matter.

time flies like a bird

Gul Dukat

Nope, I do not have any slope mod. And I do not know what is LHD, so I probably don't have it either... ()sad()

Tarkus

LHD = Left Hand Drive mode.  Vehicles drive on the left side (e.g. like in the UK, Australia, etc.).

A screenshot of your problem would help in assisting you.

-Alex

Gul Dukat

ah, I'm brazilian, no LHD at all.

now look at this... I can't even insert the screenshot!

Tarkus

Try uploading it to a site like Imgur:

http://www.imgur.com

That's where I upload most of my development screenshots nowadays.

-Alex

Gul Dukat

Done
imgur
user: guldukat1701
album: issue SAM

Tarkus

We can't exactly access it that way.  Imgur albums are private.  There should be an option to get direct links to each image in the gallery.  Copy the URL and paste it in between img tags.

See here.

-Alex

jdenm8

To fix the above tags,

As for the problem, it looks like you're plopping the Puzzle Pieces end on end. For the SAM to work, you need to drag Street out of the end of that plopped piece that doesn't have the white borders.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Gul Dukat