• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[INTERACTIVE REVIEW] Simcity 2013

Started by CSGdesign, May 08, 2013, 01:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSGdesign

Hi all,

I have released a review of Simcity 2013 on CSGforums.  I wrote this review with no preconceptions of the game, and gave it the benefit of the doubt.
It has taken me this long to buy the game due to negative hype, and I wanted to take advantage of one of our game shops' returns policies to try the game for a week and give a truly un-bias opinion of the game.

I have broken it down into my experience step-by-step.

The end result is this:
The game has some great concepts and graphics and sound, and in general is developed very well (some mechanics issues aside), however the marketing and "DRM" (or not, depending who you ask) issue is one that renders the game totally useless.  Literally useless.

I have therefore returned the game for a full refund, and I am very disappointed.

For anyone considering buying the game and wanting some impartial information about it, and a bit of an in-depth look at it, have a read!  Love to know your thoughts.

I have this to say to EA:
If you want to retain control of my data, then you have a duty of care to keep it safe and accessible.
Stop wasting my time.

metarvo

It's good to see you playing SimCity again, CSGDesign, but it looks as though it didn't work out.  You've given us a truthful, fair, in-depth review that gives the game a chance but doesn't sugar coat it by any means.  Of course, I've been predisposed to disliking the game ever since I learned about the Internet connectivity requirements and the potential banning for modding, but the "city pox" that causes cities to disappear for no reason takes the cake.  I'm not sure I would buy this one even if it was in the bargain bin.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

WC_EEND

I applaud you for giving the game a fair chance. I bought it when the launch server issues were ironed out and really enjoyed it, until I went away for about 15mins only to find my nuclear reactor had exploded basically poisoning all my sims because of the nuclear fallout.
There are times when it is really enjoyable, but then one building starts burning down and you can't afford the fire department yet and then the touble starts.

All in all, I generally agree with you review, guess I got lucky though not to have the disappearing city problem.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kwakelaar

It has been an interesting read, thanks for posting this

vortext

Don't mind me just wanna say hi Kwakelaar! Good to see you're still around!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana