• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG - Airport Road Improvement Project (ARIP)

Started by ShadeSlayer, February 20, 2010, 11:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumba

Amazing work joel! We needed this peice for a while! Looking forward to more.

Also jack - That isn't a HSBC jetbridge, its a advertisement on the jetbridge, HSBC is a banking company who pays for the advertising space on the jetbridge. They don't make any jetbridges.
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

ShadeSlayer

Aaaaand here's an update.

I am done the lotting, textures, and 90% of the modding, so now I believe it is a good time to show some of the lots. Click on the images to view them in full size:

All of the lots except for Taxiway Crossings and the jetway overhang.

There are 42 lots in this image, but after the taxiway crossings, it will amount to 46. After this project is released, I plan to do the version with the 747 gate base texture.

Eye Candy, much?

ShadeSlayer

Here's an updated image to showcase the lots. Now there is only 1 missing lot -- the jetway overhang. Enjoy!

strucka

One thing I missed or wasn't really cleared out to me. Will there be actual traffic on these?

ShadeSlayer

I'm looking at making some prop families to add vehicles to the straight lots, but putting them on all of the lots may be a little excessive.

strucka

Oh okay... I thought they'd be TE and automata would drive on them. Maybe one piece would have a small automata generator (that would only make the airport vehicles) and you'd have airport traffic. That would be awesome. No wait, that would be allmoast unreal, this is going to be awesome.

fafalone

Few of the vehicles that would be appropriate on these roads exist as automata, including the most important ones. So not only would new automata need to be made, but a new controller would have to be made to restrict which type of automata appear.

Koekie01

Is this a sign the project will be released not within a week? Don't get me wrong, just asking.  ::)

Koekie

ShadeSlayer

It entirely depends on how this week works out. All of the lots are now done, but the modding (and trial&error on my part) seems to be taking a lot of time over here. A lot of repetition, really. Ideally, I will have the project 100% finished in the week, and then looking at the current status of the LEX Candidacy board may add on a week of waiting to that time.

We'll see how it goes, though. Maybe a week, maybe two.

Koekie01

Okay, take your time to make it perfect!  ;)

By the way, have you worked out how you do it with props or are they cancelled?

Koekie

ShadeSlayer

There will be one or two lots with props randomly appearing.

Koekie01

Okay! Looking forward to them. Good luck with the final steps!

Koekie

ShadeSlayer

Figure I might as well post an update:

1. Everything is done, I'll be submitting ARIP for candidacy very soon.
2. There will not be vehicles on any of the lots, I am planning a mini-project with some Mayor Mode Ploppable stuff instead. More variety.
3. v2 (747 textures) will soon follow the v1 (ramp textures) release. Ideally, it would take only a day to complete, but I have to redo all of the icons for the 747 texture pack, so it's unlikely that it will be fast.

jpj_starfleet

Any update on this project? I especially love the overhanging jet bridge over the road!   &opr

ShadeSlayer

Unfortunately, due to a huge amount of real life commitments recently, I have been unable to even think about working on SC4 stuff. Along with that, I am going away for 6 weeks on Saturday, so it is unlikely that ARIP will see a release until I return.

This same wait period goes to the 777 project and the long-awaited re-release of the Cargo Lots project.

Koekie01

Ah, a pity. It wasn't already send to for candidacy, was it?

Well, take your brake, you did a lot of work for this, so you deserve your 6 weeks of (if you go on a holiday?  ;))!

ShadeSlayer

The Airport Road Improvement Project has been released on the STEX.

Thank you for following this project over the past year.

MuzikStar

Quote from: nekseb on March 09, 2010, 11:55:12 AM
Hi ShadeSlayer!
I've seen your project first time after I made my own textures and lots for my airport. Here are some pictures about them - may it is a inspiration for you.

nekseb
Where can I find the light pillars shown in your pictures ?