• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP] SCAG - Variable Height Modular Terminals (SCAG-VHMT)

Started by KoV Liberty, March 05, 2010, 06:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Well, time I showed the general public what I'm working on and what has taken much of my time lately. Do you all remember Fatsuhuno's variable height terminals? Well, I've decided to revive that project, but to my liking. Edit 5/9/10. New pieces have been added but the old ones have been discarded.

Alex
KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mikeseith

Gilikov1994

Yeeh!! new terminals in project :)!
like mikeseith, I can't wait to see more!
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

KoV Liberty

I'm glad you guys like it. :) That really helps let me know that this will come out AMAZING. Obviously, as my first real BAT done by myself, it will move slowly until textures are created. Then, things will REALLY take off! (no pun intended $%Grinno$%) Time for some more! I have temporarily removed the roof and windows so you guys can see the detail going into the model. ;) Hope you all like it!

Alex

Edit 5/9/10. New pieces to be added very soon. Be on the lookout.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gilikov1994

I think with textures, it will be amazing! &apls
I'm now already a fan of your work! :)
But I saw on the roof that the poles are a standing a bit different, but I think you can change that ;)
b.t.w, what kind of terminal-types are you going to show us?
like:
Diagonals, Entrances, gates, fillers?
wish you all the best, -Giel

KoV Liberty

@Gilikov:
Quote from: Gilikov1994 on March 06, 2010, 08:01:20 AM
I think with textures, it will be amazing! &apls
I'm now already a fan of your work! :)
But I saw on the roof that the poles are a standing a bit different, but I think you can change that ;)
b.t.w, what kind of terminal-types are you going to show us?
like:
Diagonals, Entrances, gates, fillers?
wish you all the best, -Giel

The piling and the floor are the exact same color, so they show up as a single color and the other piling is a different color, but they are the exact same height. ;) Entrances and diags will be implemented later. As for filler, they are easy and can be the last. ;) Gates are already attached to the aircraft and do not need to be on the terminal, although a practical piece for a gate lot (because it would show up on glass instead of the actual wall), is being worked on.

@Strucka: Thanks!

Some more progress...

A skylight! Some still still needs to be cut down to size, etc, but its coming along. :)

Edit 5/9/10. New pieces to be added soon.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gilikov1994

Ok thanks for the information  ;)
Nice one again !

- Giel

KoV Liberty

Its time for texturing!

Alex

Edit 5/9/10. Some coming soon.

Adrian, I miss you man.

[Delta ²k5]

KoV Liberty

@Delta: Thanks. :)

Well, everyone, I have gotten done texturing things, which should make things a bit easier. Now onto ends, ones with connections to the ground, transition to underground pieces (In case you want these to go under a taxiway, you can have a smoothe transition. Something I have always wanted), diags (which I will need to learn), curves (hopefully), and of course the 90 degree turns. I have no clue about ground to terminal areas, but I (literally just now) came up with an idea on how they will look. :)

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

strucka

The render you are showing is a bit of isn't it? It shows sunlight from the parts where another piece will be, but blocks the sun at the glass roof. Maybe you should turn off the sun or something.

KoV Liberty

@Strucka: Ah yes, I should.

@Everyone: The diagonal peices will be eliminated because they seem impractical and time costly in my opinion. Also there will be no 2 edged piece because it is also impractical to have just a 1x1 terminal that is 2 floors. I will maybe revisit this set later in the future to include diagonals.

Adrian, I miss you man.

feliwi

Wow, excellent progress in here.

May I post another terminal part request? Most terminals have jetways like they're are already BATted by the AC team and the the SCAG. But many modern airport terminals have extra walkway transitions between the terminal or concourse building and the jetways, which are currently missing in Sim City. In most cases you can find airport roads between. I'll post two pics to show you what I'm talking about. In some cases there are even two walkways (one of them is aslope connecting the walkway with another level of the terminal) to seperate departing and arriving passengers. I believe BATting something like this shouldn't be too difficult to you (as it wasn't to me, I would have BATted it yet), but would be a very realistic and essential addition to make our airports look perfect.

Here are some pictures:

edit: I tried to resiue the first picture, but anyhow several codes didn't work; admins please resize the image to a moderate size, I'm really sorry

I got it - Joel

Gilikov1994

Yeah, I've a bit the same opinion as Feliwi.
But the work you do is still great!  :thumbsup:

- Giel

KoV Liberty

About time to get back on track!

The pieces featured here are just modelled, not textured. And they are the blank-roof ones. Not the roof junks.

These following pieces will be on the side of the terminal facing parking lots, wilderness, roads, etc with a blank wall.

Corner.

Straight.

One with a gate so trucks and work vehicles can go under the terminal to get into the airport.

This next piece goes without saying to be included in the pack.

These next pieces include an entrance to the terminal underneath the above-floor for general public to use the airport.

Corner.

Straight.

This next piece is a ground entrance similar to the ones above, but for people to get to the tarmac instead of parking and taxis.

The next piece here is a area for second-floor walkways over roads, etc.

And the general area-beneath pieces.

Straight.

Corner.

And a new piece never before seen. A walkway that goes under taxiways to connect to "island terminals."

Hope you all like them.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

strucka

These look great! Can't wait for them to be finished. &apls

Gilikov1994

Yeah Alex :) looking great  :thumbsup:, I can't wait till the release..

- Giel

KoV Liberty

@Strucka: Thanks! Just a few more things to do on them and the basic prop pack will be released. Maybe next month or July?

Gilikov: Thanks! I'm just glad to be back on track and that these new ones are accepted by the commnity.

Textured and nightlited! (one piece)

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

KoV Liberty

More done!

1x1 Corner Wall

Pickup area.

Road Overhang.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.