• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Boeing 777 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, September 20, 2008, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Can't wait for the lot release! Especially since I am making them. :D

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

pilotdaryl

Joel: Hey, thanks a lot! :)
Jack Bauer: Once again American Airlines operates the 777-200ER (and this particular livery was painted on a -200ER) which I'm likely to start work on soon.  On the other hand, I've seen Air France's new livery and logo, and I was particularly excited about the fact that they debuted it on a 777-300ER; that livery is being created as we speak :)
Driftmaster07: :D

--

Anyways, no pics for now as I'm still working on creating some new liveries as well as tweaking others; I might just show a new livery or two soon, though. :)

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

adroman

Heh, I know it's not how the discussion is heading atm, but...

I found it frankly amazing that the SCAG is BATing a "V-Australia" jet before I've seen one in real life! Just goes to show how amazingly fast you guys are...

Super work, guys!  :thumbsup:
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

pilotdaryl

Driftmaster07: Well there are a multitude of new liveries including Turkish, Biman Bangladesh, Etihad... some of which are still under construction right now.
adroman: Thanks a lot!  Well, it's not exactly fast in that sense but I'm working :-[

In case anyone is wondering what I am doing...

Click for full image (1680x1050)
If this image didn't tell you anything, this is me.... while rendering a new 777.... while creating another 777 livery... WHILE playing the new and popular city-building game Cities XL... which is apparently, highly addictive $%Grinno$%

I most absolutely hate the airports in this game... the planes were well-done, however ;D

Click for full image (1680x1050, full detail/anti-aliasing)
Unlike most other city building games, the planes actually taxi and take-off (almost) properly.  Also notice, these are real aircraft being used: the A320-200 A319-100, A330-200 and (not shown) the ATR-72.

joelyboy911

I'd like to see the ATR-72. I bet know its better than my crummy one. Do we know about the possibility of modding our planes into that game?

Looking forward to the 777-300ER prop pack!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

progress is progress...

Great job,

That Airport looks very weird, but then again, so did SimCity 4's...

Havva good one.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

WC_EEND

I've played the beta and wasn't impressed by it,  as the game is not available in Belgium (yet probably) I don't think I'll buy it.

by the way pilotdaryl, you must have a powerful PC if it can handle all of that :)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Earth quake

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

muxcomee

Quote from: pilotdaryl on September 27, 2009, 05:47:47 PM
Joel: Hey, thanks a lot! :)
Jack Bauer: Once again American Airlines operates the 777-200ER (and this particular livery was painted on a -200ER) which I'm likely to start work on soon.  On the other hand, I've seen Air France's new livery and logo, and I was particularly excited about the fact that they debuted it on a 777-300ER; that livery is being created as we speak :)
Driftmaster07: :D

--

Anyways, no pics for now as I'm still working on creating some new liveries as well as tweaking others; I might just show a new livery or two soon, though. :)

Ummm. when are the boeing 777 going to be released?

joelyboy911

It should be a site-wide rule to never ask that question. ::)

But seriously, I happen to know that Pilotdaryl has been very busy (with his real-life job) of late. The rendering of the planes is nearly done. So I would say that there will be a prop pack release soon. Don't ask how soon, because no-one knows.

Thanks for your enthusiasm in the SimCity Aviation Group.  :thumbsup:
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

carkid1998

LOL. I'm playing CXL as well! Those airports shure look weird ???, the parked cars would get blasted away  :D

Nice work on the planes, cant wait to see them in SC4!

Ryan :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

KoV Liberty

Yeah. Not one city building game can get that right about the cars! :D

Adrian, I miss you man.

wyrick

These planes are looking awesome, can't wait for the release!  I was wondering if you are planning to do a Delta Airlines and a Northwest Airlines livery.  I could really use these for my airport.  :thumbsup:
" border="0

prophecus

Congratulations on your effort! I would like to request one for malaysia airlines. they have 17 777-200ERs which fly from everywhere especially europe to kuala lumpur. Lookinf forward to your render!

muxcomee

hey, these planes look great but its been more then like 120 days and nothing has happened. Have they been released or something or has the project terminated?

ShadeSlayer

Daryl is currently on a hiatus. This project is not cancelled, but we are unsure when he will return. Fortunately, all of the batting, texturing, and much of the rendering is done, so when he does return, the project will see a quick finish.

i_love_lamp

I declare this
SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadeSlayer

And here brings a HUGE update to the 777 project.

Over the past three days, I did the following:

1. Hand-picked the best of the best for 777-300's created by pilotdaryl.
2. After choosing a final 28 candidates, I re-rendered them all.
3. And I just finished making them in to props.

This is a HUGE step in the right direction for the 777 project, and I am pleased to say that the 777 quality level is not surpassed by anything else I've seen.

If you know much about HD props, you will know that it makes the in-game zoom 5 slightly worse, but on the other hand, the zoom 6 is just beautiful.

Here I bring you the HD 777's which not only look amazing in zoom 6, but zoom 5 as well.

The following picture is nine/twenty-eight IN GAME shots (slightly edited to remove background textures) of HD 777's at zoom 5 (the worse looking zoom level).

Click for full size.

These are only 1/3 of the completed 777's. Currently, joelyboy911 and I are finalizing the prop part of the project, and we anticipate seeing a submission of the prop pack within the next week or so. A lot pack will soon follow.

That is all.