• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking for RHW6SFAR to RHW6SFAR Curve or Other Solution

Started by Kevin1a, March 05, 2011, 10:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin1a

Hey everyone.  I looked for the NAM thread first, but couldn't find it, so I'll leave this here. (searched for NAM both the acronym and spelled out)

I'm building a ring road for my city and I need to curve a RHW6S 90 degrees.  As there is no gigantic RHW6S 90deg. turn piece I assume I'll have to do it in increments.  I could use RHW6S orthogonal to diagonal pieces, but the transition looks jerky.  I used some orthogonal to FAR pieces to smooth it out, but now I have two opposite FAR RHW6 roads that I need to convert from FAR to diagonal so I can join them, or I need a FAR to FAR curve for the RHW6.

I realize that the RHW is still missing a few pieces that trouble-making weirdos like me need, so it wouldn't surprise me if none of these pieces exist yet.  Does anyone know for certain if and where I can locate such a piece, or if I'm just overlooking it?

I know this thread reads a little technical, so I'll post a quick summery:

I am looking for:

- RHW6S FAR to Diagonal Curves
- RHW6S FAR to FAR (opposite) Curves (wide and narrow if possible)

Oh, and I'd like it in Eurotexture if possible please!  :-\

Who am I kidding?  The chance of these pieces existing is 1 in 100.  But it's worth asking I guess.

Thanks for checking.

Tarkus

Quote from: Kevin1a on March 05, 2011, 10:12:38 PM
Does anyone know for certain if and where I can locate such a piece, or if I'm just overlooking it?

The future. ;D  Good-natured kidding aside, those pieces do sound like they fit with the direction FARHW development will ultimately go--eventually, you'll probably see something like that.  If we were to include 45-degree Wide-Radius Curves and diagonal fillers, that'd also probably get you pretty close to what you're wanting to do from the sounds of it, and that'll likely happen quicker than some of those FAR setups.  There aren't any FAR-to-Opposite FAR curves yet for any network, let alone the RHW-6S.

-Alex

Kevin1a

Thanks for the answer, It's kind of what I expected.  I went ahead and built it using orthogonal to diagonal pieces and it looks OK, but before I did, I took a quick picture of how I had it setup before.  I'm looking forward to the future.  ;D

Ignore the parallel RHW alignments.  That's actually the point of my project: to move the ring road right up against the edge of town because there is too much room for sprawl with my initial alignment.

MandelSoft

I would use a stretch of RHW-6C or diagonal RHW-6S as a temporary solution...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Kevin1a

Yep, that's how I took care of it, and it looks alright.  Thanks for the help guys.  I really wish I was a competent image editor or modder so I could help out with the projects somehow.