• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW 8 to Neighbourhood problems

Started by arron1980, February 21, 2009, 11:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arron1980

Sorry if this has already been covered, I tried looking through the RHW thread but I started going a bit bog-eyed after 50 pages

I'm trying to connect two city squares with RHW-8, but sims aren't using it:

In the RHW thread, I found this way:

And I also tried it the way (I think) the readme is saying:

But it doesn't seem to make any difference. It does show (very few - maybe 1 a year on fastest speed) cars going out, but it isn't actually being used, I've got jobs available next door, but getting mass abandonment because no-ones going there.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

kj3400

You have to connect the two RHWs to each other in order for it to work, like this...

l-++-l

I hope I could help.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Korot

The on ramp looks broken, perhaps that's the problem, or try laying the RHW-2 across the whole median.

Blue Lightning

the onramp doesn't look right. try redrawing it. also, just drag the RHW-2 across thewhole RHW-8.

Hope This Helps,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

arron1980

I think the ramps are ok, I keep breaking the junctions while I'm fiddling.

If I put industry this side, the freight can get on to it, if I break it with the RHW2 like before, it kills all the traffic

I can't get the RHW2 all the way across, I can do it as above, but if I try to go over more than 2 elements it comes up as 'unsuitable area to build network' (It lets me do |-||-| but not |-|-|-|). I've lost count of the times I've levelled and relevelled, so I don't think it's that.

I'm sure I must be missing something really obvious, I just can't work out what it is.

Haljackey

Drag the RHW-2 on the edge tile completely from one side of the RHW to the other.

Quote from: arron1980 on February 21, 2009, 11:01:26 AM

So, in that example, drag the RHW-2 between the two T-intersections you have in the middle to create two 4-way intersections.  That should work.

If it doesn't, then either no one wants to use it for some reason, or you have a problem on the other side.

Hope that helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

arron1980

Quote from: Warrior on February 21, 2009, 01:59:20 PM
In that case, convert to a RHW-6 and the do the loop trick.

Jonathan

That's done the trick. :thumbsup:

Is there any reason why I can't get the wider ones? Is it a RH/Deluxe thing? (I'm running deluxe, only plugins are NAM, RHW and smoncrie's digging lots)

Hmm, the other replies came from countries that drive on the wrong side of the road  ;), I might have to have a try switching sides tomorrow and see if it's any different....

I feel a bit of a doh moment coming, but when it says

Is that left hand side of the road (UK) or left hand drive (as in vehicle controls)

Jonathan

Im on RHD, and I cant make the loops either, I think it must a bug.

You're meant to check the left Hand Version if the cars drive on the Left side of the roads(so not the controls and it wont change the side of the road the cars drive on)

Jonathan

Gaston

left hand as in UK.   lol   took me forever to figure that one out too.   lol   I loaded all sorts of stuff wrong awhile back.   lol
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

arron1980

yeah, I just switched, and it's left hand side rather than left hand drive. I thought it'd be that way round, but the help text is a bit backwards so it was worth a look (still can't go across more than 2 elements that way either)

I'll have a go at switching sides tomorrow (as in registry entries etc) see if that's any different. I'm sure I've seen instructions somewhere for switching to UK, so I'm guessing it'll work the other way as well....

Andreas

Quote from: arron1980 on February 21, 2009, 03:27:38 PM
yeah, I just switched, and it's left hand side rather than left hand drive. I thought it'd be that way round, but the help text is a bit backwards so it was worth a look (still can't go across more than 2 elements that way either)

I think it was Tropod who introduced the term "Left Hand Drive" (or LHD in short), and that has always been the naming convention for the file that is intended for games where the cars drive on the left side of the road (i. e. the UK or Australia - and Tropod is from Australia, BTW). Maybe the term is used differently in Australia than in the UK - unfortunately, English is not my native language, so I can't tell, but I added the hint about the UK in the installer, in order to make clear what I mean.
Andreas

arron1980

Quote from: Andreas on February 21, 2009, 03:39:58 PM
I think it was Tropod who introduced the term "Left Hand Drive" (or LHD in short), and that has always been the naming convention for the file that is intended for games where the cars drive on the left side of the road (i. e. the UK or Australia - and Tropod is from Australia, BTW). Maybe the term is used differently in Australia than in the UK - unfortunately, English is not my native language, so I can't tell, but I added the hint about the UK in the installer, in order to make clear what I mean.
The extra hint about the UK does clarify it, but LHD generally refers to the vehicle rather than the road, so I wasn't sure if it was that causing the problem. I had it on originally, so it's clear enough.

I've just changed over to right hand traffic (game AND nam) and there's no problems with the first style in my first post, traffic is happily going in both directions, so it looks like it's just an issue with driving on the left hand side.