• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Your Comments, Thoughts and Suggestions Concerning the 3RREX

Started by dedgren, September 03, 2008, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Here is the thread where you can post your comments, thoughts and suggestions concerning the 3RR Exchange and its contents.  We'd welcome your input and insight

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

you should maybe think about having each download in a separate post...and having a TOC in the main post. so that when (if) an object gets updated you don't end up editing the whole post, and it also means that if (when) there is a large number of downloads, the first post isn't huge, or the downloads aren't split unevenly.

its a great idea tho :D that was me just trying to be critical

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

metarvo

David, how are you uploading files to the 3RREX?  Recently, there has been some interest in some of my LOTs that I have shown pics of on SC4D.  I wish to upload them to one of my posts, if that's possible, but I am not sure how to do it.  I don't know if my LOTs meet the requirements for LEX candidacy, so I am unsure if that is an option.  You are the first one I would trust for any information regarding this matter, David.  Any advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I have found an interim solution.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

callagrafx

To make it more convenient, I've created a new 3 Rivers Region category in the LEX.  I would recommend David upload any files he wishes to share that are specific to 3RR there, as it will mean the full LEX capabilities and stats are available, including download histories and lists.

This is, of course, completely up to David, but I think the amount of interest in this landmark project warrants LEX inclusion.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Duvad

Just wondering, is it possible to post a reply or something each time you update the 3RREX? Just so I know when to look in here for an update.

un1

Quote from: Duvad on December 22, 2008, 02:24:39 AM
Just wondering, is it possible to post a reply or something each time you update the 3RREX? Just so I know when to look in here for an update.

He does, but in his MD, the Three Rivers Region. ;)
I think that you should make a water mod, I know that you can do it...  :thumbsup:

-un1

shadd0w09

all your links in the 3RREX are down on conection to bats :'(

ashton23

owlsinger

'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

danielcote

when are you going to place the new 3rr content lots in here?  ;)

adroman

Sorry for the bump, :-[

however, do you think you could post all of your ploppable stuff (road signs etc.) in here? it'd save a lot of searching around...

Just a suggestion,

737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

SC4BOY

Quote from: Duvad on December 22, 2008, 02:24:39 AM

Aren't "update/no update" (using the RED X BOX and "have/don't have" automatically tracked in the listings and stats in the LEX? I don't use this 3RR part, but for the normal LEX content, it is.

clearlypowa

Hi there,

May be it is not the right place to post my message, but here we go:

I have seen a good tutorial about seasonnal woods from page 25 to 40 in L.E by Mr David, he was talking about making a tutorial about changing (cost,pollution,...) of the lots in Reader, but haven't seen yet this tutorial.

I 'am in page 110 now.

can u give a link or this tutorial ?

threestooges

The best one I can think to direct you to, since you have already read though the seasonal tree tutorial would be How to make a prop ploppable. It starts on page 242 and continues on a ways (linking to each next section. It should give at least a few basics of the reader. For editing pollution and such, the lot's exemplar file is what you would want to focus on (as that's where all those goodies are kept). Hopefully the infamous X-Tool will be ready to go soon and that will help take care of those things for you (and possibly make it easier). Until then, that should get you going for the Reader.

Important to note, always right-click in the window and select "reindex lot config" before saving. It helps avoid errors.

Hope that helps.

ManuelR

Hi dedgren

I just wanted to tell you that the links in the 3RREX don't work anymore. ;) &mmm

have a good one